Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #16
mrprospector

It's not Mike Pegram--It's Jim Pegram, Garcia's agent.
mrprospector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #17
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-LV
P. Val. is still a young man and his skill and will to win is unequaled.
There is no bigger P Val fan than me, I hope he can get back on top. Got his first winner yesterday but it won't be easy. Young man? He is 49 years old. That might be young on PA, but not so much in the jock's room.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #18
blind squirrel

Quote:
I think it would be great if Baffert gave P. Val. a chance to move to the top again.

It would make for a great human interest story. Hall of fame trainer joins up with hall of fame jockey.

I'm sure P. Val. will show up every morning to work BB's horses.

Still a great rider that is finding it very difficult to get mounts at a race track that has more jockeys then horses.

_________
David-LV
I could be wrong,but i don't think P Val is in the Hall Of Fame...i don't think he's ever even been on the ballot....He might be better off going to the Mid-West to ride..he's had 7 full years of being suspended.
blind squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
Greyfox

PVal was a great rider. Truly one of the best.
But he's had far too many chances already and blown them.
Personally I don't want to ever see him back on top.
Personally I think that he should be in the Hall of Shame, not the Hall of Fame.
His antics have endangered too many others and he should have been banned from racing for life years ago.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
BetCrazyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind squirrel
I could be wrong,but i don't think P Val is in the Hall Of Fame...i don't think he's ever even been on the ballot....He might be better off going to the Mid-West to ride..he's had 7 full years of being suspended.

You're right, he isn't in the Hall of Fame and I read somewhere that he'll never be because of his countless problems.
BetCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
David-LV
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetCrazyGirl
You're right, he isn't in the Hall of Fame and I read somewhere that he'll never be because of his countless problems.
It doesn't matter if he is in the Hall of Fame or not, he is and always will be a Hall of Fame Rider.

_______
David-LV

Last edited by David-LV; 05-14-2012 at 12:41 PM.
David-LV is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
Turkoman

Quote:
I think it would be great if Baffert gave P. Val. a chance to move to the top again.

It would make for a great human interest story. Hall of fame trainer joins up with hall of fame jockey.

I'm sure P. Val. will show up every morning to work BB's horses.

Still a great rider that is finding it very difficult to get mounts at a race track that has more jockeys then horses.

_________
David-LV
Personally, I really admire P Val, and he's definitely one of my favorites, but why try to get him back to the top again at his age? I don't feel it's fair. Wasn't he already given that golden opportunity in his younger years as a rider? It's just my opinion, but I feel that the best opportunities should be handed to the young and hungry riders who display an abundance of skill, discipline, and talent. Again, I wish P Val the very best, and hope he continues to have great success, but his best days are behind him.

Turkoman
Turkoman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkoman
Personally, I really admire P Val, and he's definitely one of my favorites, but why try to get him back to the top again at his age? I don't feel it's fair. Wasn't he already given that golden opportunity in his younger years as a rider? It's just my opinion, but I feel that the best opportunities should be handed to the young and hungry riders who display an abundance of skill, discipline, and talent. Again, I wish P Val the very best, and hope he continues to have great success, but his best days are behind him.

Turkoman
I agree.
Have always admired PVal's talent, and cringed at his self destructiveness.
10 years back, he still had what it takes to work regularly for a stable such as Baffert's. Now, the sun is setting.......

I noticed on twitter this morning that Bejarano worked Game On Dude.
Chances are that he will get the best mounts for BB from here on.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

Joe

Talamo will get a hard look BB likes the kid.
Racey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #25
David-LV
Veteran

It is at the point that anybody that can stay on a horse can win on Baffert's horses.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #26
teddy

Pval is ok.... people hate on him too much.. He shaved all the hair off hisself to keep ajob. Any of you got the balls to do that??
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #27
mannyberrios
easygoer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy
Pval is ok.... people hate on him too much.. He shaved all the hair off hisself to keep ajob. Any of you got the balls to do that??
No!
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #28
FenceBored

Quote:
Shaved? What is he, crazy?

When you want to frustrate the ability of the drug testers to get your folicles you only have to remember one word: Nair.
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #29
BetCrazyGirl

Quote:
Do you mean if anyone would be that desperate to do that in order to avoid a drug test? I say those who had struggled and sober up from their addictions have more "balls" than someone trying to avoid a drug test. Addicts do crazy things when it comes to those tests.
BetCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #30
teddy

hahahah... yes he did do that... Not sure they checked his rump. Believe me when it grew back, he paid a dear price. Dude stayed off crack or meth for a long time. Much longer than my no teeth cousins.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-15-2012 at 10:13 AM.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: