Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 AM   #136
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So, even though Wrona may not have in fact been formally hired (ie. signed a contract or whatever formalities must take place), it is clear the board made the decision to hire Wrona prior to Vic's letter. It's right there in black and white.
Quote:
18. Approval to hire Michael Wrona to announce the 2012 race meet.
It also states in the February 9 Minutes:
Quote:
Vic Stauffer presented a letter to each member of the Committee, with copies to be given to all Board members, and asked that the Committee give him the opportunity to be the Announcer and to reconsider their decision to hire Michael Wrona as the 2012 Fair Announcer (attachment #1).
Then, later in the minutes, it states:
Quote:
To invite the past 3 racing announcers to the March Committee meeting to present their qualifications
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #137
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhead

I don't get it....this selective horror.
The selective horror is because I posted it. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 PM   #138
Cardus
Veteran

I am so envious of the "California Cool" style of posting.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #139
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Another fan of my posts. Thanks for your patronage. Bow to my majesty.

Don't tell me you read multiple horse forums like those other dweebs?

Nutty, how you, dahorse & cardoof always swim in the same pool.

Cess, right?
Whatever, dude. You were on topic for 2 or 3 posts in here, no doubt to let us peons know the definitive and correct opinion on the matter. Then, you came up with the bright idea to close the thread, under the pretense that the letter was "personal". The more likely reason...you had given your sermon (with all the cute little potshots and breakdowns into ebonics), no one cared, you got miffed, and so you threw a tantrum.

Hence the dozen or so subsequent posts attacking various people on the board.

Nothing new here.

That's my take anyways. Now I'll go back to posting about horse racing on this horse racing message board. Meanwhile, you can go back to discussing politics and bullying other posters on this horse racing message board.

Or go PM yourself a second time.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #140
BetCrazyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
So, even though Wrona may not have in fact been formally hired (ie. signed a contract or whatever formalities must take place), it is clear the board made the decision to hire Wrona prior to Vic's letter. It's right there in black and white.

It also states in the February 9 Minutes:Then, later in the minutes, it states:
If that is in there, him asking to reconsider Wrona then that is pretty low. There are better ways to present yourself when going after a position, even one which is taken.
BetCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #141
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nowhere in his letter does he mention Wrona...that much has been settled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetCrazyGirl
If that is in there, him asking to reconsider Wrona then that is pretty low. There are better ways to present yourself when going after a position, even one which is taken.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #142
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Naive.
Objective is more like it.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:29 AM   #143
GameTheory

Seriously, has anyone directly told Vic about this thread? Is he ignoring it or hasn't he seen it?
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #144
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

He's quite aware of the thread's existence.

Not sure what he can say...he pretty much said it all in that letter, don't you think?

And people seem to keep glossing over the fact that the board is asking all THREE former announcers to show up and make their case (Wrona, Stauffer and Frank M.) at the next meeting.

Thus, it can be assumed Wrona was not officially hired...the board approved his hiring, but no contract offer had been extended or any other type of firm agreement of employment.

Now that the board has discovered it has options that did not exist prior to approving the hiring of Wrona, they are doing the responsible thing and reviewing each option available.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 AM   #145
GameTheory

Quote:
He's quite aware of the thread's existence.

Not sure what he can say...he pretty much said it all in that letter, don't you think?
He can make clear the timeline of what he knew about the Wrona hiring when presenting the letter, whether he actually did ask them to un-hire Wrona and hire him instead, whether he had communicated with Wrona at all, and all of the other things we are speculating on...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #146
Roy C

We need Andy Mays to put together a boycott of Santa Rosa if Wrona gets screwed

Last edited by Roy C; 03-02-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Roy C is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #147
Light
Veteran

Quote:

Thus, it can be assumed Wrona was not officially hired...
Then Vic is a smart cookie to stay out of this thread.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #148
menifee

He wants a job. Someone else has it. He's making a pitch for it. This is wrong, how...

This is America - goods and services move freely, so does labor. Anyone else can make a pitch for the job either and I am sure Michael Wrona can point out that the good people of Santa Rosa really don't need to hear over the top screaming stretch calls for 5k claimers.

If you want a friend, buy a dog.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #149
olddaddy

It appears no one really knows whats going on here. If Wrona didnt get a contract or a hand shake agreement, the job is open. I never played this meet but they cant go wrong with Wrona, Frank M or Vic, 3 very good race callers. (Honestly I want Frank M. to get it so I can hear some of his impersonator calls)
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #150
Vengeance of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
dahoos wanted to 'blow the lid' off Stauffer.

Mission accomplished. (Blow smoke off barrel o' gun)
I read the last few pages of this thread but your posts in particular made me want to go back and read the whole damned thing.

I did so.

As far as the subject matter goes of course I have an opinion like the rest of you but it's not important. I did feel strange reading the letter but am not such a good person that I stopped. I read it all and it made me wonder where the line is between voyerism and publc record, what should and shouldn't constitute privacy, etc.

The point I'd like to make though isn't about Mr. Stauffers conduct. Whether something is legitimate or disgraceful there is something else here that, in a weird way, is interesting.

I believe racing forums are little microcisms. They are mini-worlds and there are all the usual things including, shall we say, the traditional rivalries here and there.

That said, as an outsider, I'm sorry to say that there is one person on this thread who seems to be perpetuating a kind of negativity.

It's not Dahoss nor is it Cardus.

Can you guess who it is?

Respectfully Sir (or Madame) I am merely pointing out the observations of an outsider.

I'm sure these two people aren't saints, none of us are, but you treat them like they're Satan and Satan Jr.

Maybe that's your thing, to needle people, or maybe it's just the two of them. It's none of my business but if all these pages can be devoted to the behavior of an individual and whether or not it's appropriate I figure it's alright for someone new to make an observation.

Just sayin.
Vengeance of Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Reply