Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #121
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Deflection. Another one of your peeves. You's rackin' up big HypoCreep points just in one thread.

Beam with pride.
You've deflected everything I have responded to so far. I don't answer to the likes of you.

You're holding a nearly 2 year grudge because I bruised your internet ego because I play your game better than you. Get over it already man.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #122
BetCrazyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabe
Is that a Freudian slip ??

LOL, it wasn't, just a typo
BetCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #123
Robert Fischer
clean money

this thread is a great way to show the new horseplayers from "LUCK" that we are all a bunch of degenerates, nice...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #124
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Going downhill as this thread is

Mac
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #125
BetCrazyGirl

So those who see this as morally wrong, you guys never went for a job that someone else wanted or was offered? I don't find many who would pass up a job they want just because they knew someone else wanted it or give up because it was offered to someone else.
BetCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #126
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetCrazyGirl
So those who see this as morally wrong, you guys never went for a job that someone else wanted or was offered? I don't find many who would pass up a job they want just because they knew someone else wanted it or give up because it was offered to someone else.
Michael Wrona was already hired for the position.

I love how people are trying to turn this into some sort of "The Notebook" rehash.

I can see the movie poster now:

Vic Stauffer in the Ryan Gosling role holding the already taken Santa Rosa microphone up in the air in the pouring rain in a scene of orgiastic reunion.

It's not despicable...it's destiny...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #127
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

Aw heck, I'm going to send them a letter and offer to do the announcing in Pig Latin....
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #128
The Hawk

I just read the letter and what I took from it is the passion that Vic has for that job is incredible. That said, what he did was reprehensible, and he knows it, which is why he's been silent on the issue. Just one opinion.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #129
bigmack

Just to review. Dahoos gets a tip from his pal in the Golden State.

Mulls it over in his head that it would be nice reprisal for VS in light of his dressing down of C. Braddick, and generates thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoos
It's been mentioned before, but Vic went board to board to torment Craig Braddick. Well, don't these actions sort of go against his entire crusade in that instance?
For some unknown reason, Jim (KirisClown) links to the actual letter from VS.

Speculation ensues. Bird brains weigh-in on either side.

In conclusion, are the parties that wanted to give Stauffer some comeuppance satisfied and prepared to put it bed while they wallow in their low-rent vidication?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #130
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

not to get too meta, but this thread has been trending that way from the start...

I don't get it....this selective horror.

This is the internet. A message board. This is what we do.

Half-cocked, fully-loaded, out-of-bounds, on-target, everyone in the pool. News comes out. It gets chewed over, and digested via ridiculous argumentation. All day err day.

Why are you trying to abort the boards digestion? What is uniquely obscene, here?

We don't only discuss topics once the subject has responded, the contrary. We don't only discuss topics once all facts are out. Discussing them is what brings the people that know some facts to post them. The subject generally has no idea this message board exists.

Doesn't that make this particular public digestion more honest? That the subject could, or has been, reading it? That the facts are hovering around, just waiting to land?

The ebbs and flows dictate Vic will probably show up with a hell of a good story, and brutally smack down half the respondents. Or, maybe he shows up and just shows his ass. Or maybe, something really boring happens and, nothing.

But I don't see what makes this so different, so special, and so touchy. Tasty gossip will always get digested in full, and it's always right out there in public.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #131
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
In conclusion, are the parties that wanted to give Stauffer some comeuppance satisfied and prepared to put it bed while they wallow in their low-rent vidication?
I like your idea earlier, about closing the thread and letting the parties that want to keep beating a dead horse do so via private messages.

Of course, since you yourself have tallied up the most posts in this thread, perhaps you should go PM yourself.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #132
riskman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
This has nothing to do with trying to humiliate someone using public records. I avoiding posting the letter because I was uncomfortable with it because it has Vic's personal information on it. It has to do with a guy who says one thing and does another.

It's been mentioned before, but Vic went board to board to torment Craig Braddick. Well, don't these actions sort of go against his entire crusade in that instance?

Again, maybe there is more to this story. Only Vic knows and he has definitely seen the thread. His silence speaks volumes IMO.
So,you are enjoying in the space of a few hours that Stauffer has been battered by this unwelcome thread and the public airing of the Sonoma Racing Committee Meeting on Feb. 9th. because "a guy says one thing and does another." Your masterly maneuvering could not have been forecast of the drubbing to come here. Just a coincidence, none,nada. I know, you care about horse racing, and if it needs repair, you'll fix it.
Me thinks you promptly put your foot in it ,again.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #133
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
I like your idea earlier, about closing the thread and letting the parties that want to keep beating a dead horse do so via private messages.
Another fan of my posts. Thanks for your patronage. Bow to my majesty.

Don't tell me you read multiple horse forums like those other dweebs?

Nutty, how you, dahorse & cardoof always swim in the same pool.

Cess, right?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 01:52 AM   #134
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Much ado about nothing. In December the Sonoma County Fair was given the authority to hire Michael Wrona. In the draft minutes of Feb. 9th there is a request to invite the past 3 racing announcers to present their qualifications to the committee in March. Seems Mr. Stauffer presented his qualifications prior to the March meeting, really no big deal at all.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2012, 03:36 AM   #135
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Much ado about nothing. In December the Sonoma County Fair was given the authority to hire Michael Wrona. In the draft minutes of Feb. 9th there is a request to invite the past 3 racing announcers to present their qualifications to the committee in March. Seems Mr. Stauffer presented his qualifications prior to the March meeting, really no big deal at all.
So what you're saying is then, that Wrona actually has NOT been hired yet...

Hmmmm...now it gets interesting...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply