Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #91
Pine Tree Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg
No i was not talking about you but some of the attacks in this forum have been quite vicious at times. There is never a need to turn anything into a personal attack regardless of the circumstances.

Thats a good point.

Two Wronas don't make a right!
Pine Tree Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #92
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
all positions are open. this kind of thing happens every day in every business, sport, you name it. people push to get themselves into jobs that they desire, period. there is nothing whatsoever odd or unethical about it. it's called looking out for yourself and its nothing to be ashamed of or called out on.

of all of the juvenile, spiteful, attacks on Vic that occur on this forum, this one is the most clownish, naive and immature.
So you are all for someone offering to do your job for free, the one you now hold? Great, good for you. I'm not that good of a person I guess.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #93
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
all positions are open. this kind of thing happens every day in every business, sport, you name it. people push to get themselves into jobs that they desire, period. there is nothing whatsoever odd or unethical about it. it's called looking out for yourself and its nothing to be ashamed of or called out on.

of all of the juvenile, spiteful, attacks on Vic that occur on this forum, this one is the most clownish, naive and immature.
Oh...I get it now...

When it suits us...it's a world of brotherly fraternities, bound by unwritten codes of conduct.

But when our interests lie elsewhere...it becomes a dog-eat-dog world.

Nice...

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-29-2012 at 04:31 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #94
bigmack

Aren't divorce papers part of public record? What if someone waltzed in here and posted details of a divorce, say from all of you nerds that have been divorced?

What about guys that were hopped-up on crack? Is that fair game as well?

What's the point in the generation of this thread but to humiliate someone using public records?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #95
jelly
Veteran

Mr. Michael Wrona did not deserve this.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #96
Grits

A document--the approved general minutes of a damn meeting. Still, this is the internet where everything is public, everything is game, therefore, under scrutiny and judgement, even in regard to someone's damn employment, or search for employment. This being particularly true when the person has posted here.

NO ONE deserves this kind of shit. You boys, those of you that are so wrapped up in it, those of you nonames, you roll on though . . . . you're only on page 7.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #97
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Aren't divorce papers part of public record? What if someone waltzed in here and posted details of a divorce, say from all of you nerds that have been divorced?

What about guys that were hopped-up on crack? Is that fair game as well?

What's the point in the generation of this thread but to humiliate someone using public records?
This has nothing to do with trying to humiliate someone using public records. I avoiding posting the letter because I was uncomfortable with it because it has Vic's personal information on it. It has to do with a guy who says one thing and does another.

It's been mentioned before, but Vic went board to board to torment Craig Braddick. Well, don't these actions sort of go against his entire crusade in that instance?

Again, maybe there is more to this story. Only Vic knows and he has definitely seen the thread. His silence speaks volumes IMO.

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 02-29-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #98
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I certainly do remember it.

Did Vic bad mouth Wrona? Did he even claim he was a better announcer than Wrona?

I really don't see the parallel that you are trying to draw quite honestly.

Hell, he didn't even mention Wrona in the letter. So how exactly did he break the "code" that he busted Craig's balls about?
Naive.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #99
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
A document--the approved general minutes of a damn meeting. Still, this is the internet where everything is public, everything is game, therefore, under scrutiny and judgement, even in regard to someone's damn employment, or search for employment. This being particularly true when the person has posted here.

NO ONE deserves this kind of shit. You boys, those of you that are so wrapped up in it, those of you nonames, you roll on though . . . . you're only on page 7.
Or your grandstanding, above-the-fray moralizing about... everything.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #100
Grits

Get effed, Cardus.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #101
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
His silence speaks volumes IMO.
You don't think it has anything to do with his embarrassment, do you?

Tin foil hats are met with crack accusations and affronts to Braddick are met with exposed letters that most wouldn't even know about.

All is fair in love, war & those who've argued about ZenYadda.
------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
Or your grandstanding, above-the-fray moralizing about... everything.
Look at Capt. Didactic. You the one who calls everyone a bigot you possibly can.

You seem to have a chink in your armor; what armor you have.

Why stop with calling PA naive? Run with ignorant.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #102
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
You don't think it has anything to do with his embarrassment, do you?

Tin foil hats are met with crack accusations and affronts to Braddick are met with exposed letters that most wouldn't even know about.

All is fair in love, war & those who've argued about ZenYadda.
He should be embarrassed.

Again, I didn't post the letter and I wouldn't know Braddick if he was standing next to me. A buddy of mine from California told me about what Vic was trying to do. To be honest, I thought he was making it up.

It's weird, you're as nasty as can be when someone disagrees with you politically. Yet, you are usually one of the first to chastise people who use similar tactics in this section.

Some might call that being a hypocrite.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #103
NJ Stinks

Nobody asked but here goes:

Having read through the thread - including reading through Vic's 'personal' letter - there is only one thing that I am uncomfortable with. And that is where Vic offers in the letter that he will announce the meet for half price. Or less if necessary.

No doubt he just wanted to convey how much he wanted the job again when he made that offer. But that offer changes the criteria for picking Vic based on the fact that he is the most qualified man for the job.

Just imagine if the board decides to keep Michael but only if Wrona matches Vic's half price offer....surely that's not an outcome Vic would want to inflict on Michael if Vic does not get the job.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #104
bigmack

Quote:
Some might call that being a hypocrite.
I'm not even remotely interested in your take on me, Schmuck.

Some people don't like some of your techniques around here. Could you let us know what county of what state you were divorced so we can put some of that paperwork in a thread to question your ethics & morality?

All is fair, right?

Speaking of hippoCreeps - Weren't you & your sidekick vehemently opposed to the Crack Caper with the exposing of information about people in retaliation?

I know, I know, public record. You just wanted folk to be informed. Never any retaliation with you.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #105
BetCrazyGirl

Quote:
http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/docs/febrace.pdf

Public Comments : Vic Stauffer presented a letter to each member of the Committee, with copies to be given to all Board members, and asked that the committee give him the opportunity to be the Announcer and to reconsider their decision to hire Michael Wrona as the 2012 Fair Announcer.

I'm sure there's a good explanation and all, but trying to take a colleague's job has to go against some kind of announcer code, right?

I don't get what is wrong with this and I didn't see him insult Michael Wrona (or even mention Michael Wrong) unless I missed something in the letter which is always a possibility. He just highlighted himself for a job he wants, which is kind of what you're suppose to do if going after a job :/.
BetCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply