Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Ezzy, Penn National Race 3 (Apr 12)

Ezzy was in a rock bottom 12,500 claimer at Aqueduct on March 9th. He lost by 34 lengths and was a 'quick pullup' and went right back to the barn, zero gallop out. His PPs are ugly to say the least.

Today, he goes off at 31-1 in a small but competitive field of 5k claimers *horses running Beyers in the mid 60s* and finishes like a loose horse for 2nd galloping out like a wild horse.

Was there something i missed?

I hate missing things as you well know, but i just couldnt 'find' the Ezzmeister.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
lamboguy

i think you are like most and don't understand the different medication rules from state to state. New York has tough rules and more inclusive tests. you probably have not noticed how many New York horses have been running in Maryland for smaller purses.

you better forget about reading your racing forms and pace numbers. those 2 things will send you to the poor house these days. you should start by learning the different medication rules.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

I hear you, i've seen some of these NY shippers who look horrible in NY go out of town and perk up, i just didnt think the Ezzmeister was going to be one of them.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
racingfan378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Ezzy was in a rock bottom 12,500 claimer at Aqueduct on March 9th. He lost by 34 lengths and was a 'quick pullup' and went right back to the barn, zero gallop out. His PPs are ugly to say the least.

Today, he goes off at 31-1 in a small but competitive field of 5k claimers *horses running Beyers in the mid 60s* and finishes like a loose horse for 2nd galloping out like a wild horse.

Was there something i missed?

I hate missing things as you well know, but i just couldnt 'find' the Ezzmeister.
I think what happened was his NY back class, the opening quarter which was mind blowing for Penn standards at 22 flat and the 2nd-3rd place horses fell apart at the end which set up for the closers. Even the show horse looked like he should have been dead last.

Pace makes the race? In this case yes!

The late pick 4 tonight paid $770 on the $1 ticket with horses hitting at even money, 4-1, 9/2 & 7-1
racingfan378 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: