Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #196
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Rod,

Do you know the variant, adjusted times, pace and speed figures, etc., for all the races all the horses have run, or will have run before Derby day? No, so you don't have all their data yet. That's what I mean when I say wait until all the data is in. At this point, unless you are creating your own variants, adjusted times, and figures, and no other Derby entries will run another race before the Derby, then you don't have all the data yet. So, how can you possibly compare all these horses to one another, and the field as a whole? Maybe if you don't use any numbers or figures you could, but most here use numbers and/or figures.
I know Ray.You don't have to take the ruler across the knuckles to me!We pretty much have seen everything we are going to see from these guys.I think that's safe to say.We all handicap differently.Personally I don't need all the grist to go through the mill to know who I like.I'm just trying to give you a nudge,as a friend and fellow handicapper,to just enjoy the buildup brother.Nothing more.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2013, 03:41 AM   #197
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
I know Ray.You don't have to take the ruler across the knuckles to me!We pretty much have seen everything we are going to see from these guys.I think that's safe to say.We all handicap differently.Personally I don't need all the grist to go through the mill to know who I like.I'm just trying to give you a nudge,as a friend and fellow handicapper,to just enjoy the buildup brother.Nothing more.
Yeah, I know, and I'm trying to bring you back to earth.

You know me, I don't get too excited about the ponies or gambling. Try to keep an even keel as much as I can, and do the little work I do when I have something to work with.

Have fun with your prognosticating, then when time draws near, do the real work.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #198
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Yeah, I know, and I'm trying to bring you back to earth.

You know me, I don't get too excited about the ponies or gambling. Try to keep an even keel as much as I can, and do the little work I do when I have something to work with.

Have fun with your prognosticating, then when time draws near, do the real work.
Yeah,I know ya.And it's good to know ya!Come derby day we'll exchange some emails.Meanwhile you do the solid work on your baby and I'll work myself into a froth unknown to all but Tom and his 50K posts!Evenkeel is success.I'm taking notes.But overkill ain't bad either on occasion!I love the undercard more than the race itself.I normally do well on derby day.Derby itself is hit or miss.Bringing me back to earth at this point after my Reds started off 5-4 vs some of the best opposition in baseball and an impending derby where the 3yo crop looks pretty damn good,might be an impossibility!And it's not even swimming weather yet!It's going to be a good year all round man!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #199
Grits

I read his remarks, and I listened to his interview again before I posted, having watched on a 46 inch, Hi Def television screen. I'm not going to recant what I stated. Its one race, one day. And the fact is, he sure ain't gonna get Saturday's slow pace in the Derby. A fine horse, but others were coming to him. Quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
From Bloodhorse Sunday...

"He was already going, and Vyjack came to him, and I looked at him," Velazquez said. "I never hit Verrazano. I was like, he's running good enough that I don't have to hit him. There was nobody on the outside, and by the wire I looked and Normandy Invasion came, and I never even saw that horse. I thought Vyjack was the only one fighting me.

"So I went to hand-ride him and show him the whip and tried to keep his attention because I know he kind of waits, and he's looking at the infield, and I just kind of got his attention. And all of a sudden Normandy Invasion got close at the wire and I never saw him. I didn't hit Verrazano. I didn't want to overdo things. He was doing enough to beat the other horse, anyway

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ixzz2QDneWuBWy .
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: