Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #16
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leparoux
Agree.

I'm not sure what the "rest" is about either. Why not try him in the Derby trial or something like that?
I think these guys would rather not race him if he isn't going for the gold.The kid gloves treatment to me is just sick.They have never let him really run a race yet and now they shelf him.To me it's masking their own weaknesses.We might not ever know if this horse is any good or not.We barely saw him you know?
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
precocity
Veteran

Goldencents vs Shanghai Bobby will be good to see at a mile

will see what kind of stamina Goldencents has in the SA derby?
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
precocity
Veteran

"But after the San Felipe, and how the race didn't unfold perfectly and we didn't get the results we wanted, I figured, you know what? I really need to start putting some energy into getting him to slow it down.

"If you're going to experiment, this is the best time to do it," O'Neill added. "That's why they call these races preps. We've got to learn something now. Hopefully, what we've implemented will get the results we want to see in the Santa Anita Derby. That's the goal."

now its time to rate him
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
Leparoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
I think these guys would rather not race him if he isn't going for the gold.The kid gloves treatment to me is just sick.They have never let him really run a race yet and now they shelf him.To me it's masking their own weaknesses.We might not ever know if this horse is any good or not.We barely saw him you know?
Yea exactly. It's clear the horse isn't cut out for the classic distances but there is no real shame in that. He clearly has some talent, let him run.
Leparoux is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

It appears the trainer doesn't really know what's going on with SB, thus the rest. Guess we'll see late this summer or fall.

Maybe I'm blind, but every time I watch that video, I see that, very early, there was the chance to avoid all the traffic trouble he ran into before the first turn, whether he just wouldn't respond or was under hand at that point I can't tell, but not putting him in the lead on the rail very early appeared to me to doom him to obscurity in the race, rather than his showing what he had for all to see.

The future will tell I suppose. Not "x"ing him out just yet.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
FantasticDan
gelding

Injured during Fla. Derby:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...shanghai-bobby
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

That's too bad. But, as Pletcher stated maybe that explains some of the reason for his dismal performance. But, it still doesn't make me feel much better about the way he was handled in the very early going.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply