Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 36 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #286
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbraddick
Anyone who thinks they can do better than anyone mentioned in this thread can come to TDN and have a go.

Craig.
Craig...

If we go to a restaurant and are dissatisfied with our meal...do we have to prove that we can cook the food better ourselves before we can have the right to complain?

Last edited by thaskalos; 05-06-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:34 AM   #287
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Craig...

If we go to a restaurant and are dissatisfied with our meal...do we have to prove that we can cook the food better ourselves before we can have the right to complain?
Only 33 minutes into the day but i nominate this as post of the day!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #288
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyW
Now that the Tampa Bay meet is over, don't you think it is time to put this continuous bashing to bed? It really is getting boring.

When Tampa opens again later this year I am sure that Richard Grunder will be back at his post. He is by most of us the well respected colorful voice of Tampa.
Feel free not to click on the thread anymore if you're bored. It's clearly marked...
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #289
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Ridiculous argument. Nobody here is paid to be an announcer. There are probably guys criticizing Dwight Howard for his free throw shooting that can't shoot 40% themselves. That doesn't make them wrong.
10000 percent fact.......but if I had my life on the line and was forced to have to call a flat race I'd pick TDN and those huge 5 horse fields!!!!! :
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #290
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Only 33 minutes into the day but i nominate this as post of the day!!!
Do you even read what you write? You just went through a whole diatribe about how awful it is that there is a long thread criticizing an announcer. How we here might even be jeopardizing his job...

And now your're giving a high five to thaskalos who is arguing AGAINST another guy who AGREES with you....when does the silliness end?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #291
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
10000 percent fact.......but if I had my life on the line and was forced to have to call a flat race I'd pick TDN and those huge 5 horse fields!!!!! :
I give up...
Old 05-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #292
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Anyone who thinks they can do better than anyone mentioned in this thread can come to TDN and have a go.

Craig.
Gotta be the one announcer that when I used to lurk on these forums I'd just shake my head....even though I think the bashing is overboard as betting patrons I guess they have a right to there opinion

Really no reason to tell us we should come to thisledown and call a race.....
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #293
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Careful, Hollywood's expiration date is getting close.

Extremely insightful and sharp post!!! Go Browns! Think "we'll" get Lebron back?
Old 05-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #294
v j stauffer

Quote:

Craig.
Sharp Post? Not so much.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #295
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Do you even read what you write? You just went through a whole diatribe about how awful it is that there is a long thread criticizing an announcer. How we here might even be jeopardizing his job...

And now your're giving a high five to thaskalos who is arguing AGAINST another guy who AGREES with you....when does the silliness end?
No Im saying I just don't agree with posters on here that can possibly cost a somebody a job......then cj came on and brought up a great analogy with Dwight Howard.......

What u guys are saying about grunder very well may be true and if u guys think he's a weak announcer I'll have to agree with you guys....

What cj said about the tdn post was totally accurate.....just because I don't agree with you guys sandblasting grunder doesn't mean what I think u guys are saying is wrong....

And yes I feel obligated to high five thaskalos because he was the one guy out of like 234 that agreed With me on the Dana parham thread!!!!

Pace advantage is like Martin brodeur nothing gets by this guy!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:46 AM   #296
iceknight

Quote:
Pace advantage is like Martin brodeur nothing gets by this guy!!!!
I am trying to figure if it is you (wiffle) or SRU who is leading the meet title for controversial (for lack of a better adjective) posts/threads
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #297
craigbraddick

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Ridiculous argument. Nobody here is paid to be an announcer. There are probably guys criticizing Dwight Howard for his free throw shooting that can't shoot 40% themselves. That doesn't make them wrong.
I was not making an argument so indeed it would be ridiculous.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #298
craigbraddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Craig...

Your analogy is correct. But surely there are better things in life to complain about than a race caller?

Craig.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #299
craigbraddick

Quote:
Actually more like 8-9 horse fields this year. Not that anyone would know as there is a signal dispute going on!

Craig.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #300
craigbraddick

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
Extremely insightful and sharp post!!! Go Browns! Think "we'll" get Lebron back?
Sharp post...not so much.
Closed Thread