Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:26 AM   #1951
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor68 View Post
Are you the controller of thought and information. Is this like twitter and facebook? Will i get banned for giving an opinion that is not groovy with what you want.
No. But if you keep acting like an asshole, you'll definitely get banned...just like before...
Old 01-06-2021, 11:41 PM   #1952
razor68

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No. But if you keep acting like an asshole, you'll definitely get banned...just like before...
So just so everyone knows because i have copied your post. We are banning people and declaring them an asshole for not going along with the way you want them to. Is this a forum for free speech or one that you get banned for saying something against the all mighty Pace advantage bot that is very tough and mighty behind a computer.

Must be nice to be able to ban someone. Does it make you feel empowered.
razor68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2021, 11:44 PM   #1953
razor68

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Maybe one day I can have 70,000 posts on here and be able to threaten someone who I disagree with that I will ban them. One can only hope...
razor68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 02:25 AM   #1954
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Whatever Mr. Sep 2020.

You're so SERIOUS!

I love it.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:00 PM   #1955
comet52

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor68 View Post
If you can find another sport were there are a few dudes that dictate the race without any rationale or strict guideline id like to know.
I've been watching crooked crap in that sport for 50 years, its called NFL referees, lol.
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #1956
dilanesp

I'm pretty surprised by the DQ of the in the 4th at SA yesterday, January 8. It was a squeeze play at the start. The clearly initiated it, but (1) it was at the start of a 2 turn race (remember Bayern in the BC Classic?) and (2) there were several horses involved in the squeeze, including the as well. It was clearly unfortunate for the , but this sort of thing is racing luck to me.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #1957
dilanesp

Another DQ at the start, this time in the 9th at Santa Anita yesterday. (I bet the DQ'd horse, but only to win.) The was DQ'd for apparently causing a chain reaction that caused the to lose the rider. I couldn't see it. It looked like pretty minor bumping, but I realize Rosario did fall off the . A foul that displaces a rider at the start can lead to a DQ, but I couldn't see the causation the stewards did here.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2021, 03:12 PM   #1958
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
One Mile Distance at Turfway, multiple objections this meet

Earlier today, Sat Mar 27 2021 at Turfway Park in R3, the rider of #3 lodged an objection against the runaway winner #10 WOKE UP TO ACES for alleged interference going into the first turn.

Imo, the stewards made the correct call: "No change."

I can't help but notice there have been several of these over the current meet - where crowding takes place as the horses enter the first turn for races run at the One Mile Distance at Turfway Park.

Imo, the crowding isn't being caused by riders who suddenly decide to cut over.

Imo, the Turfway course layout at the One Mile Distance is to blame.

Imo, the starting gate is too close to the first turn, and creates a situation where the horses don't have enough time to sort themselves out on a Tapeta surface. The crowding is a direct result of this.

Fyi, the runup in the Equibase Chart Data for today's Turfway R3 is listed at 45 feet.

Imo, a longer runup would likely reduce the incidence rate for the crowding that keeps happening as the horses enter the first turn of the One Mile Distance at Turfway Park.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 03-27-2021 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Clean up
Jeff P is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2021, 03:57 PM   #1959
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Earlier today, Sat Mar 27 2021 at Turfway Park in R3, the rider of #3 lodged an objection against the runaway winner #10 WOKE UP TO ACES for alleged interference going into the first turn.

Imo, the stewards made the correct call: "No change."

I can't help but notice there have been several of these over the current meet - where crowding takes place as the horses enter the first turn for races run at the One Mile Distance at Turfway Park.

Imo, the crowding isn't being caused by riders who suddenly decide to cut over.

Imo, the Turfway course layout at the One Mile Distance is to blame.

Imo, the starting gate is too close to the first turn, and creates a situation where the horses don't have enough time to sort themselves out on a Tapeta surface. The crowding is a direct result of this.

Fyi, the runup in the Equibase Chart Data for today's Turfway R3 is listed at 45 feet.

Imo, a longer runup would likely reduce the incidence rate for the crowding that keeps happening as the horses enter the first turn of the One Mile Distance at Turfway Park.

-jp

Long run ups suck, just make it 1m 70 yards.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2021, 04:00 PM   #1960
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
1m 70 yards works for me.

-jp

Old 03-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #1961
shout1966

parx 10th 3/29

another screw job by the stewards. I will say I had a small wager on the who was DQed from 1st to 3rd. I saw no contact whatsoever. An the crazy part they placed him 3rd. Again probably looking thru a bias here but try to stay fair. I saw no contact that i could see in replay. As i type this i am waiting for a explanation by the track.

Thoughts
shout1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #1962
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
another screw job by the stewards. I will say I had a small wager on the who was DQed from 1st to 3rd. I saw no contact whatsoever. An the crazy part they placed him 3rd. Again probably looking thru a bias here but try to stay fair. I saw no contact that i could see in replay. As i type this i am waiting for a explanation by the track.

Thoughts

BS take down of at Parx r10

herded at the top of the stretch and won.

They take 10 min to decide and show 50 replays...

OK GREAT. Let's enforce herding. I want to see Ortiz etc... taken down every time they do that.

We finally established a 'keep your path' Precedent for Consistent Stewardship!

BREAKING: From now on, herding is 'NOT' allowed anymore. They're gonna take down favorites from super trainers and super owners when their jock herds several times in the race. Facemasks cover your mouth and nose please.

Parx is of the finest quality racing
Old 03-29-2021, 05:25 PM   #1963
shout1966

[QUOTE=Robert Fischer;2711643]BS take down of at Parx r10

herded at the top of the stretch and won.

They take 10 min to decide and show 50 replays...

OK GREAT. Let's enforce herding. I want to see Ortiz etc... taken down every time they do that.

We finally established a 'keep your path' Precedent for Consistent Stewardship!

BREAKING: From now on, herding is 'NOT' allowed anymore. They're gonna take down favorites from super trainers and super owners when their jock herds several times in the race. Facemasks cover your mouth and nose please.

Parx is of the finest quality racing[/QUOTE

Just watched the " stewards explanation video" and it confirmed my thoughts above. He should not have been taken down also why 3rd did they see something at the start that they didnt mention.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:42 PM   #1964
shout1966

There was a Stewards' Inquiry into the start and stretch run, along with a Jockey Objection by the rider of SHERO against the winner, after videoreview, SQUAN'S KINGDOM was disqualified and placed third for bothering rivals in the stretch.

Straight from the full chart of why he was taken down. Should be a investigation into that track.

Further more I lost the last race at parx so I would have won nothing I am still as pissed as I was after the DQ.

Last edited by shout1966; 03-29-2021 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:44 PM   #1965
Robert Fischer
clean money

Just watched the " stewards explanation video" and it confirmed my thoughts above. He should not have been taken down also why 3rd did they see something at the start that they didnt mention.[/QUOTE]

6 certainly fouled or 'herded' the 10

Problem is that there is no 'common accepted practice', where the jocks can adapt and always ride a certain way.

how does the steward(s) 'feel' today? Who was involved? Jock? Trainer? Owner? Favorite? Turf? Stakes? Cheap clm?

The down to 3rd was just random decision, based on the nearly bobbing in a photo for 2nd w/ ...

then, you can laugh at if the had lucked into 2nd in the photo..., the stewards would be in a stupor of brainfreeze.... 3rd vs 1st??

And they take 10+ min or whatever to decide as a cherry on top.

Fair call in a vacuum, it's just that 'Racing' has to be consistent

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: