Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #151
Kimsus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Your post #146 makes no sense. Did I miss something?
I was making light that maybe all these cancellations at SA are in a conspiracy type of nature by the anti-synth freemasons.
Kimsus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #152
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
I may not be thinking what you like me to be thinking.
Your link in #133 doesn't work btw.

Go to the CHRB site. Click on Publications. Click on Annual Reports. Click on 2007-2008.

http://www.chrb.ca.gov/annual_report.htm

Table on page 40 of the pdf (too large to fit here as an attachment)
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #153
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

P40 attached.

Andy, learn some computer skills.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf p40.pdf (62.8 KB, 18 views)
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #154
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
P40 attached.

Thanks!

If you have some time let me know how you saved only one page by email or on the board.

Thanks again!

Last edited by cj; 02-07-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #155
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
OUCH!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #156
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
OUCH!

What Ouch? He's right! I really wanted a screen shot of the table if possible.

What's everyones opinion of the email and the Los Alamitos stuff in the table used to promote sythetic surfaces?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #157
andymays
Veteran

Washout causes changes in plans

http://www.drf.com/news/article/110652.html

Excerpt:

In reaction to Santa Anita's disrupted training, and with another rainstorm forecast for late Tuesday and early Wednesday, Sadler sent Dave in Dixie, the 3-year-old colt Sidney's Candy, and the 3-year-old filly Crisp to Hollywood Park on Sunday to train this week.

Excerpt:

The recent cancellations led track officials to say last month that the surface will be replaced this summer, but they have not stated what material will be used. There are scores of trainers who want a dirt track installed, while others wish that a synthetic surface that drains adequately would be installed.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #158
CincyHorseplayer

Andy,

What is the panic going on out there??Oh nevermind,I know what it is.They have been stumped on the press release.They don't quite know how to say it.An all weather surface with 6 inches of rain.How do you call it that when you resist the obvious and call it at least wet-fast??!!!!It's a conundrum!!!I talked to the Turfway "officials" about this and all it did was pi$$ them off and they told me to get lost!!!It's not an alternate surface,it's magic dirt.Impervious to mother nature.Bow down!!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #159
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
Andy,

What is the panic going on out there??Oh nevermind,I know what it is.They have been stumped on the press release.They don't quite know how to say it.An all weather surface with 6 inches of rain.How do you call it that when you resist the obvious and call it at least wet-fast??!!!!It's a conundrum!!!I talked to the Turfway "officials" about this and all it did was pi$$ them off and they told me to get lost!!!It's not an alternate surface,it's magic dirt.Impervious to mother nature.Bow down!!

There is a war raging to put in another synthetic surface. I'm told it is lead by Madeline Auerbach. They know Unusual Heat will lose value on a dirt surface.

http://www.unusualheat.com/index.html

Excerpt:

Some of Unusual Heat's accomplishments at stud include:

All time single year record holder for California stallion progeny earnings with $5,827,513 in 2008.

One of only two sires in California history to have progeny earnings of over $5 Million for a single year and ties the record set by Cee's Tizzy of doing it twice (2008 and 2009).

2008 and 2009 Champion Sire of California Conceived Foals by Earnings and Turf Earnings.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:02 PM   #160
Seabiscuit@AR

Instead of debating dirt vs AWS the Californians should take the third way - turf

California has the climate to handle all turf racing so they should do the following to shake up American racing

1. Race 4 days a week
2. Have an outer turf track (replacing the current AWS) and an inner turf track (retaining the current inner turf track) at DMR, HOL and SA. Using the moveable rail you could get away with 2 days racing each week on the outer turf and the inner turf
3. Do a deal with Betfair to allow Americans to bet on Cal racing with Betfair

The turf should have less injuries than the dirt plus provide a surface people can live with. Also the turf racing will appeal to UK horse players and make the Europeans happy to fly in their horses to add to the horse population. Finally the time zone of Cal racing is such that the Betfair players on the UK have time to bet it after their main racing is over for the day. So you will get plenty of great liquidity on Betfair on the Cal racing (I don't think East Coast racing will work as well on Betfair in terms of attracting interest outside America as the timezone is bad and clashes with UK racing)

It does not have to be Betfair as the Cal people could set up their own betting exchange. However with Betfair you already have an existing customer base ready to go. Adding American bettors to the current players will see liquidity improve out of sight

Turf racing is the best surface and seems to be the premier surface in most racing countries. You could not use it all year round on the east coast but on the west coast you definitely could

I know the one big argument against this is that going all turf breaks with the traditions of American dirt racing. But it seems American dirt racing is heading for extinction. Maybe it is time to try something radical and shake things up. I guess they were trying to do that with AWS and it did not work but from what I have seen turf is a better surface than AWS and dirt
Seabiscuit@AR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #161
BirdstoneFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
P40 attached.

What I get out of that is Los Al would be better served shutting down and synthetic tracks shouldn't be used for training. The extensive training on the synthetic tracks is probably why these they get worn down so easily.

Well, that's my stats spin for you all
BirdstoneFTW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply