Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #16
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

That was a brutal card. There were only eight live tickets to the final race even with the free square and it was a carryover day. The group failed with two show parlays during the sequence, so we couldn't even get a top three finisher twice collectively. And I guarantee he had more than three of six on his tickets, just the last live one was that. Iknow for a fact the contestants had fun, did get some prizes, and have something to talk about for some time to come. So those of you casting stones are showing what kind of fools you really are.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #17
bigmack

I didn't see much casting of stones but....

Look, even someone as dialed-in as AS can throw in clunkers. Anyone worth their salt in this game knows how brutal it can be. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and even get a chuckle out of absurd things.

AS took a few stances today with confounding results. Ya have to see humor in the preposterous.

Paraiba: Finished 7th of 11

Queen Hazel: Finished 8th of 9

Jet Fever: Finished 9th of 11
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
tzipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Knight_Sky
That's his "online persona".

I'm sure he's a swell guy in real life.
He's a great guy. I have met him a couple times at Aqueduct and Belmont and he always takes his time out to talk a bit when I say hello or ask a question.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #19
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
I didn't see much casting of stones but....

Look, even someone as dialed-in as AS can throw in clunkers. Anyone worth their salt in this game knows how brutal it can be. Sometimes you just have to shake your head and even get a chuckle out of absurd things.

AS took a few stances today with confounding results. Ya have to see humor in the preposterous.

Paraiba: Finished 7th of 11

Queen Hazel: Finished 8th of 9

Jet Fever: Finished 9th of 11

Jet Fever was not my top choice nor a horse that I came anywhere close to " taking a stand " with.

You left out the 7:1 shot that I actually " took a stand " with in the finale that ran second to the favorite that I said was much the horse to beat.

I had three top choices win today, two second choices, and one third choice. It hasn't been a particularly good week but the ROI for my top choice is still somehow right around 2.00. I realize I'm no Only11 but a guy can dream.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #20
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Jet Fever was not my top choice nor a horse that I came anywhere close to " taking a stand " with.

You left out the 7:1 shot that I actually " took a stand " with in the finale that ran second to the favorite that I said was much the horse to beat.

I had three top choices win today, two second choices, and one third choice. It hasn't been a particularly good week but the ROI for my top choice is still somehow right around 2.00. I realize I'm no Only11 but a guy can dream.
Sounds like me...couldve wouldve shouldve,,and by the way TLG when i grow up i want to be like you...TLG i have learned alot from you and others...very few could be like me..
only11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by only11
Grits he puts up with alot of *&%$#,but he sures loves to dish it out.
How does he love to dish it out? He hardly posts around here...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #22
only11
Veteran

did you read his last sentence..i could only dream of being ONLY 11.,...i guess im the only one who thinks he has some wise ass remark for every post he disagrees with..

Last edited by only11; 08-20-2010 at 06:40 PM.
only11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #23
andymays
Veteran

Anyone who's played sizeable pick 6 tickets knows that there are days when you might only get one winner on the ticket let alone six. It isn't as easy as it sounds. I've always done best with smaller tickets. Just about every time I've played a bigger ticket (2k or 3k range) it's been a disaster. I'm not sure why but I think it's because I'm forced to take a stand on a smaller ticket instead of spreading.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #24
bigmack

Quote:
the ROI for my top choice is still somehow right around 2.00
That's big and not an easy feat.

I ought not to have entered into this little clam bake as I was going off your Tweets. I take it using the term 'taking a stance' is something you object to?

For the record, I think you're the aces and find your insights colorful & entertaining.

Now, to further my level of annoyance I give you one of these...
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by only11
did you read his last sentence..i could only dream of being ONLY 11.,...i guess im the only one who thinks he has some wise ass remark for every post he disagrees with..
Duh!? After your reply #14, what do you expect?

How about something a little beyond this thread?

Plus you're the king of shit...you dish out your own brand of bullshit at every stop...if it weren't for dahoss, you would have been tossed out of here a long time ago (for about the 8th time I reckon).

If I were you, I'd pull back a bit...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-20-2010 at 06:50 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #26
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
That's big and not an easy feat.

I ought not to have entered into this little clam bake as I was going off your Tweets. I take it using the term 'taking a stance' is something you object to?

For the record, I think you're the aces and find your insights colorful & entertaining.

Now, to further my level of annoyance I give you one of these...

Thanks. I usually only Tweet picks that are decent prices.

This has been a mediocre week for me as far as top picks but all things considered I'm fairly happy with how things have gone. I wish the Pick-6 promotion had fallen on an easier day ( I think we would have hit it today, as the second winner was the only remotely tough one, and there is a reasonable chance it would have been a C with the others As ) or at least one where people could have stayed involved for more races.

I imagine we'll try again....hopefully sometime soon.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #27
jonnielu
Veteran

Well.... according to his own reciting of his resume, I would think that he could come up with a Pick6 pretty much anytime. I thought his entire genius revolved around his tremendously well developed skill at picking the Pick6.

Certainly this series would have to be a complete fluke, like the $45.00 horse in the ninth, what kind of handicapper could possibly see that coming? I think NYRA oughta scrape up a few more dollars and run this promotion 10 more times, think of the crowds that would swarm around with Serling displaying his skills in such a manner.

jdl
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
Charlie D

Hey up!! Wonder if this will turn into a TLG v Jonnielue P6 Challenge

Last edited by Charlie D; 08-20-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #29
wonatthewire1

Quote:
Thanks. I usually only Tweet picks that are decent prices.

This has been a mediocre week for me as far as top picks but all things considered I'm fairly happy with how things have gone. I wish the Pick-6 promotion had fallen on an easier day ( I think we would have hit it today, as the second winner was the only remotely tough one, and there is a reasonable chance it would have been a C with the others As ) or at least one where people could have stayed involved for more races.

I imagine we'll try again....hopefully sometime soon.

I got to play a few this week and fortunately caught the $45 horse in the 9th Thursday. But normally don't get to play too many NY races (time of day while at work) but a couple of days out of the office this week...

What did you think of today's 5th race where just about every horse went off at 6-1? I passed it as a no advantage contest, but wondered if anyone else had a strong stand (or not) regarding the race > one of the few times when every runner was being bet but no one being a clear favorite.

Last edited by wonatthewire1; 08-20-2010 at 07:43 PM.
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #30
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Hey up!! Wonder if this will turn into a TLG v Jonnielue P6 Challenge

That would require me taking him off ignore....which will never happen.