Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #31
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirisClown
I'm done now anyway.. I just wanted people to know what a low life he was/is..
Herculean task you've done. Do you still have them digitized?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #32
bdownes

Taking a page from Keith Olbermann on MSNBC..

Jeff Mende... U are the WORST PERSON in the World.
bdownes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #33
KirisClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Herculean task you've done. Do you still have them digitized?

I still have all of the original videos in my personal archive.. I'm sure he'd be pissed to learn I copied every vhs he sent me..

It's the process of editing them down for upload that is so time consuming...
KirisClown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #34
Horseplayersbet.com

Here is an interesting post on false copyright infringement on Youtube:
http://blog.phanara.com/post/2009/12...R-PICTURE.aspx
At Youtube, you are guilty until proven innocent.

Another thing the culprit should worry about here:
anyone who files a false DMCA copyright claim is liable for damages and legal fees if you choose to counter-prosecute. By filing a DMCA take-down notice, they've stated under penalty of perjury that their claim is true, and under your stated circumstances you can - if you so choose - take advantage of that in a punitive manner.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...3363fdeb&hl=en

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #35
bigmack

Quote:
I still have all of the original videos in my personal archive.. I'm sure he'd be pissed to learn I copied every vhs he sent me..

It's the process of editing them down for upload that is so time consuming...
Do you have the original of each video that you uploaded still digitized?

If so, what format WMP or ?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #36
Horseplayersbet.com

There is also this:

Section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 states:

"In order to protect against the possibility of erroneous or fraudulent notifications, certain safeguards are built into section 512. Subsection (g)(1) gives the subscriber the opportunity to respond to the notice and takedown by filing a counter notification. In order to qualify for the protection against liability for taking down material, the service provider must promptly notify the subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.

If the subscriber serves a counter notification complying with statutory requirements, including a statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed or disabled through mistake or misidentification, then unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the subscriber,
the service provider must put the material back up within 10-14 business days after receiving the counter notification.

Penalties are provided for knowing material misrepresentations in either a notice or a counter notice. Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing, or that it was removed or blocked through mistake or misidentification, is liable for any resulting damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) incurred by the alleged infringer, the copyright owner or its licensee, or the service provider. (Section 512(f))."

Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #37
KirisClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Do you have the original of each video that you uploaded still digitized?

If so, what format WMP or ?
No I do not..I never thought I'd need them again.. I'd have to re-do that entire process over. Which as long as Mende and YouTube are involved is a waste of time..
Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #38
bigmack

Quote:
No I do not..I never thought I'd need them again.. I'd have to re-do that entire process over. Which as long as Mende and YouTube are involved is a waste of time..
Un****ing believable. What a shame.

Thanks for all your efforts. It was a blast watching those.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #39
miesque

It is extremely disappointing that a substantial body of work which had evolved into an invaluable resource to so many has been systematically erased due to one misguided individual. I agree with Chick's assesment and I hope that the bodies with the authority to post these videos will help get these videos back online if not on Youtube at some centralized location easily accessible by all.
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #40
KirisClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
There is also this:

Section 512(f) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 states:

"In order to protect against the possibility of erroneous or fraudulent notifications, certain safeguards are built into section 512. Subsection (g)(1) gives the subscriber the opportunity to respond to the notice and takedown by filing a counter notification. In order to qualify for the protection against liability for taking down material, the service provider must promptly notify the subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.

If the subscriber serves a counter notification complying with statutory requirements, including a statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed or disabled through mistake or misidentification, then unless thecopyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the subscriber,
the service provider must put the material back up within 10-14 business days after receiving the counter notification.

Penalties are provided for knowing material misrepresentations in either a notice or a counter notice. Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material is infringing, or that it was removed or blocked through mistake or misidentification, is liable for any resulting damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) incurred by the alleged infringer, the copyright owner or its licensee, or the service provider. (Section 512(f))."
Thanks for the information.. I'm not going to battle it though. From my own dealings with him I find him to be a bit strange and I don't want to complicate my life away from online with dealing with someone like him.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-10-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #41
turfnsport

Who is Jeff Mende? I have heard the name.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #42
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Thanks for the information.. I'm not going to battle it though. From my own dealings with him I find him to be a bit strange and I don't want to complicate my life away from online with dealing with someone like him.
I think you should just do a quick counter claim with Youtube. It puts the onus on the other guy to prove he actually owns the videos....and of course, neither of you do, so I think Youtube will restore your channel within a couple of weeks.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-10-2010 at 03:42 AM. Reason: quote edit
Old 01-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #43
bigmack

Quote:
Yeah, don't even bother with this turd.

You have a formidable library in house. There are other options beyond youtube. Vimeo is one. A site I'd be willing to start is another. This is not over.

A most worthy cause of sharing these legends on video with the world in a comprehensive fashion is the goal. We'll get it done.

Either we'll start a fund to pay you to do it or I have a nephew that needs a job. Again, thanks, and sorry for your loss.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-10-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #44
foregoforever

Quote:
Perhaps you could post his email address so that we can all give him the recognition that he craves.
foregoforever is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #45
Trotman
Veteran

This just sucks, Jeff Mende has ruined it for all of us.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-10-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Trotman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply