Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
smartybadger

Partymanners' YouTube Account Suspended?

Why? He has the best library of racing videos on the internet and now we have no way of accessing them. Anyone have any idea what happened here? Must be copyright infraction...very unfortunate.
smartybadger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
KirisClown

It was shut down due to one person.. that person has a profile on here and has posted on this forum.

It's a shame as thousands of videos were lost, I must have answered about a 100 emails yesterday and last night about what happened.. I could re-upload any or all of them, but the enthusiasm has been dulled for the time being..
KirisClown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I wonder if that person has the guts to come here and tell us why he did this.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #4
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
....I went there just this morning...wanted to refresh my memory on a few races...
this is criminal...this sucks big time...and I would love to know how just one person could screw things up for thousands of folks...

cj...I doubt this person has the b***s to come forward and explain...why, why, why...me thinks someone needs to make him/her an offer he/she can't refuse

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirisClown
It was shut down due to one person.. that person has a profile on here and has posted on this forum.

It's a shame as thousands of videos were lost, I must have answered about a 100 emails yesterday and last night about what happened.. I could re-upload any or all of them, but the enthusiasm has been dulled for the time being..
That is a shame. Your site helped promote horse racing. Are you not allowed to mention publicly who cause your site to go down?

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
That is a shame. Your site helped promote horse racing. Are you not allowed to mention publicly who cause your site to go down?
Inquiring minds want to know!!

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
BetCrazyGirl

Bah, that totally sucks. I have viewed some of those videos when I was becomming a fan of the sport and discovered racing videos on youtube.
BetCrazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
bigmack

Quote:

What was the reason for the shutdown?
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #9
letswastemoney

Could you tell us why the person wanted your profile shut down, even if you can't tell us who it was? I'd like to know the reason at least.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I am so angered by this, it isn't even funny. It would be one thing if the tracks themselves or whomever claimed to own the copyright were the ones doing the complaining, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

I just came across this article while doing a search on Partymanners...I don't recall ever seeing a link to this NY Times blog piece posted here...it's a great read, and it shows that Mr. Conti has excellent taste, as he and I share an all-time favorite horse...Holy Bull.

http://therail.blogs.nytimes.com/200...tal-historian/
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
Ian Meyers

Quote:
That sucks. I really enjoyed your videos. I think you should name names. Let he or she tells us what their issue was.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Grits

I would hate to feel, in my life, with all that I, or any of us have to do daily, or are responsible for each day, THIS would be a priority . . . . .

I'm never pleased when I read someone telling another, "get a life", but, absolutely, this individual really does have some serious problems with their abundance of free time, their jealousy, their self esteem, or whatever fueled their need to destroy something worked on so diligently, and appreciated by so many.

Pathetic, comes to mind.

I'm sorry this was lost for fans. And for Kiri's Clown.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #13
Citation1947

Yep, im pissed too. First Bryan's account was closed a couple weeks ago and now Partymanners. I had about 150 races from these two guys saved. Sorry PM, I know you spent a lot of your time doing this for us horseman and race fans. You could always be counted on to have videos up within minutes of the actual race or when we got home from work.

Anyone have some cement?
Citation1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #14
KirisClown

This is pretty much he entire story, written speedily for those interested in it..

A few years ago I started a YouTube channel to pretty much show fans races they had no way of seeing anymore. Past greats like Holy Bull, Cigar, Skip Away etc.. It steadily built up over time.. by the time it was shut down the other day it had well over 2000 race videos.. and the channel had about 5 million views.

Some time in 2008 the individual who had my channel shut down contacted me and said he had many past stakes races on video, recorded on vhs mainly from replay shows and wanted to know if Id like to add them to my channel.. Naturally i said yes..

Everything moved along smoothly until an article about me was written and appeared in the Sunday NY Times sports section.. Once this individual read it he was extremely upset that he was not written about too.. something I had no control over. The author who wrote it was interested in the story behind my channel and what motivated me to do it.. I managed to smooth things out with him though after adding a "special thank you" notice on my channel devoted to him.. so we continued...

Fast Forward a few months to September, to me receiving an email from the upset individual.. demanding that I thank him even more and show more appreciation than I've shown, or he would "pull the plug" on the whole operation.. He continued on, as if he was speaking to a naughty 5yr old.. I wouldn't have any of it and I told him he was taking the fun out of doing it and I no longer wanted to work with him.. I was not doing it for recognition where it seems that was his only intent.

Fast forward again to Thursday night and my channel being shut down.. I received notifications that he claims to own Easy Goer's race videos from Aqueduct, Belmont, Saratoga etc.. He even claims to own the video of Fusaichi Pegasus winning the Kentucky Derby, somehow he convinced YouTube that he personally owns the copyright to the races.

He apparently has worked in different areas of racing before.. but from this experience it appears he is nothing more than any enemy of the sport..
KirisClown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 PM   #15
bigmack

An interesting post from the blog cited by PA

bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: