Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #1
lefty359

Pandy's Newest

Anybody have Pandy's newest software? Think it's called Speed Pace. If so, do you like it?
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
lefty359

Power Pace

I got it wrong. It's called Power Pace and has 4 great reviews on Amazon.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
headhawg
crusty old guy

To answer your question directly, yes I like it. Do I think it's the key to the mint? No. I use it in conjunction with other things but it's definitely part of all of my handicapping. If you don't have access to other pace numbers like TimeForm or RDSS the book is worth the cost, not only for the "systems", but it also includes a program to do the PowerPace calculations.

I should also add that the software/system is not a black box. Don't expect to play the best "figure" horse and win. Used properly, it's a very nice tool to add to a handicapper's arsenal.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 10:16 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dittos - I have it and like it.
I use the ideas right from the book without the software as well.
It is a good tool, like HH says.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:34 AM   #5
hracingplyr

Power Pace

I have it. Very good program. I use it for spot plays and use it in conjunction with how a particular track is playing.

Bob
hracingplyr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 08:56 PM   #6
Stevecsd

I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have integrated with the other software I use and it has helped me a lot.
Stevecsd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #7
lefty359

Thanks, guys. I just ordered it. After sixty some odds yrs of betting horses I know there's no black box.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:48 PM   #8
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I got it wrong. It's called Power Pace and has 4 great reviews on Amazon.
And none of the four is a verified purchase, meaning that none of the four reviewers bought it from Amazon, but all four people found their way to Amazon, found the listing for the book, and left a review for it.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2018, 08:41 PM   #9
lefty359

Handicapping Without software

Does anybody that has find it fairly easy to use it without the software?
Old 01-29-2018, 07:06 AM   #10
pandy

Hey guys, thank you all for the good reviews. Power Pace has been well received. To answer your question, Lefty, in the book, I do go into detail about how to think differently when handicapping route races. I also cover sprints, but the stuff about route race handicapping is something that helped me a lot, and people who bought the book have remarked about it. Basically, it's trying to hone in on horses that are within striking distance of the leader at the quarter pole, and can finish. You do not need to use the software (which works with Bris single data files and other files) to get good use of the info in the book. The book also has a section about using Timeform early/late pace figures in a similar way to the Power Pace figures.

Last edited by pandy; 01-29-2018 at 07:08 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2018, 05:06 PM   #11
lefty359

Ordered It

Pandy, I called you on the phone last Friday and ordered it. Looking forward for its arrival.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:16 AM   #12
biggestal99

Ordered it, got it, used it. Good solid meat and potatos handicapping. Straight forward and a good read. Thanks pandy

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #13
pandy

Thanks Allan.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #14
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete View Post
And none of the four is a verified purchase, meaning that none of the four reviewers bought it from Amazon, but all four people found their way to Amazon, found the listing for the book, and left a review for it.
Amazon is not selling the book, Pandy is as an Amazon Marketplace participant. If you buy the book on Amazon, Amazon charges your account, takes a commission, and forwards the order to the seller.

If you looks at the details, Pandy has been given feedback by 155 people who bought from him through Amazon, with a 96% positive rating.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #15
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Amazon is not selling the book, Pandy is as an Amazon Marketplace participant. If you buy the book on Amazon, Amazon charges your account, takes a commission, and forwards the order to the seller.

If you looks at the details, Pandy has been given feedback by 155 people who bought from him through Amazon, with a 96% positive rating.
Just for the record, I sell my books and systems on my own websites, as well as on Amazon and ebay. If you sell books you pretty much have to use Amazon because it is such a powerful marketplace.

As for the Amazon feedback rating, it's a little screwy compared to say, the feedback on ebay. For instance, I have over 1500 lifetime feedbacks on ebay dating back to 1997 and not a single negative. I was a power seller until they changed their protocol. But on Amazon, for some reason, some people get confused about what the feedback rating is, as compared to say, a review. A couple of people who wanted to give me a review that was less than four or five stars put it in the feedback instead. But the feedback in strictly about shipping, packaging, customer service, etc. It is entirely different than the reviews. If not for a few people who didn't understand the difference between a critical review of the book and a feedback review of the actual shipping, packaging, etc., I would have a near perfect feedback rating. I pride myself on customer service and I have a money back guarantee on all of my products.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: