Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #16
Clocker

Here is one common sense solution we are not going to see tried in California.

Quote:
So — what new gun laws or regulations would actually prevent mass shootings?

There is one possibility, but the left will not allow us to try it: namely, allowing teachers to carry guns.

Last year, five largely rural California school districts adopted policies to allow teachers with concealed carry permits to bring their weapons on campus, so that they could respond to any active shooting situation that might arise, and — more likely — deter one from happening.

In response, the Democrat-dominated California legislature passed, and Governor Jerry Brown signed, a law to “delete the authority of a school district superintendent, his or her designee, or equivalent school authority to provide written permission for a person to possess a firearm within a school zone.”

We will never know if the districts’ policy would have helped prevent shoot shootings because California Democrats never gave it a chance.
http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...ass-shootings/
Old 02-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #17
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

I am not for teachers and guns, I think we need to have them do what they do best and if mediocre get rid of some. Granted any teacher who thinks of his or her kids first as a natural safety officer I can not say enough for. Like you say some things will never be because of liberal and union beliefs. Having said that every community has members who already have a valid LTC for CCW, any variation of volunteer or back to work program would go very well but would be opposed to death by the unions. Go to any large gun club you will find dozens of volunteer's who are range/safety officers who are the most structured yet friendliest around. Just like the church 10 % of the same people do all the work all the time for free. My only objection to armed anything inside the school campus is the union will skyrocket cost and delver well I will let you guess what I am thinking.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 03:56 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

California is enabling shooters, plain and simple.

What you call a gun-free zone in a school

The KILL BOX.

Post and tweets or memes you guys want, to but gun free zones are STUPID ideas. They ensure a shooter will be allowed ample time to carry out his mission.

Might as well call them brain-free zones.
Or is the liberal corner?