Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-26-2019, 01:52 AM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

G1 Pegasus World Cup Invitational Turf

A bit lost in the shuffle is the ridiculous G1 $7 Million 1 3/16th Mile turf race leading into the Pegasus Classic.

While running for a purse of $7 Million, there may not be more than a couple of legit G1 Turf horses in here and a race that could add to a crazy late P3, P4, P5.

Magic Wand: Shipper from the ever dangerous Aidan O'Brien barn ran a bit a clunker in her first ever on American soil. Then again, that was the BC Filly & Mare Turf and Sister Charlie is pretty damn good. Can't dismiss in here.

Yoshida: Come last summer, connections looked to take a shot at the BC Classic last year. A solid romp in the Woodward looked like a good starting point, and a relatively decent 4th in the Classic was decent enough. Now he gets back to turf which is supposedly his preferred surface. This lightly raced 5YO is the wildcard of all wildcards. An impossible toss in horizontals or verticals and has to be considered in any wager.

Channel Maker: Graded Stakes racing veteran has but 4 wins in 21 career races. 0 for 2 on the board here, and ML 12/1 seems a bit low. When he isn't bet, he doesn't show up either. A must tote board watch, and likely non-contender.

Aerolite: Shipper from Japan gets arguably the best turf rider in the states in the irons. 9 for 13 in the Ex across the pond and across another pond. Dangerous. May well be the one to beat. 8/1 ML isn't going to be anywhere near the price here.

Next Shares: The BC Turf Mile was a disaster, but he recovered nicely in the G2 San Gabriel with a solid win against decent company. This is a somewhat step up in class again, but he should more than contend with these. 1 for 1 at the track, this is a very interesting likely price.

Fahan Mura: This front running mare gets a real test running against the boys here. Distance is merely the first question amid a number of other questions. Doesn't look like she is near good enough to contend with most if not all of these.

Bricks and Mortar: Fan favorite has done little wrong other than beating legit G1/2/3 Stakes level horses. Peer in Yoshida has gotten the best of this one 2 out of 3 times in 3 of his last 4. Chad Brown/Irad Ortiz will take a lot of money. Could crazily end up as the post time favorite.

Delta Prince: Coming in off a 7F dirt sprint at The Dump, this 6YO ends up here with Lafranco Dettori in the irons. Not sure this one can get 8 1/2 panels much less 9+ offered here. This is your WTF entry of the race.

Catapult: Ran his eyeballs out in the BC Mile back in November. The newly christened 6YO is in the best form of his career. Still don't think he is good enough, and will look towards many others to beat him.

Dubby Dubbie: Put a saddle on my back, and I might be able to beat this one. Simply doesn't belong in here.

SUMMARY: This looks to be a great race to get a price in late Doubles, and horizontal picks across the board. I'm full in on using the in any a number of tickets.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 01-26-2019 at 01:53 AM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 02:56 AM   #2
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
A bit lost in the shuffle is the ridiculous G1 $7 Million 1 3/16th Mile turf race leading into the Pegasus Classic.

While running for a purse of $7 Million, there may not be more than a couple of legit G1 Turf horses in here and a race that could add to a crazy late P3, P4, P5.

Magic Wand: Shipper from the ever dangerous Aidan O'Brien barn ran a bit a clunker in her first ever on American soil. Then again, that was the BC Filly & Mare Turf and Sister Charlie is pretty damn good. Can't dismiss in here.

Yoshida: Come last summer, connections looked to take a shot at the BC Classic last year. A solid romp in the Woodward looked like a good starting point, and a relatively decent 4th in the Classic was decent enough. Now he gets back to turf which is supposedly his preferred surface. This lightly raced 5YO is the wildcard of all wildcards. An impossible toss in horizontals or verticals and has to be considered in any wager.

Channel Maker: Graded Stakes racing veteran has but 4 wins in 21 career races. 0 for 2 on the board here, and ML 12/1 seems a bit low. When he isn't bet, he doesn't show up either. A must tote board watch, and likely non-contender.

Aerolite: Shipper from Japan gets arguably the best turf rider in the states in the irons. 9 for 13 in the Ex across the pond and across another pond. Dangerous. May well be the one to beat. 8/1 ML isn't going to be anywhere near the price here.

Next Shares: The BC Turf Mile was a disaster, but he recovered nicely in the G2 San Gabriel with a solid win against decent company. This is a somewhat step up in class again, but he should more than contend with these. 1 for 1 at the track, this is a very interesting likely price.

Fahan Mura: This front running mare gets a real test running against the boys here. Distance is merely the first question amid a number of other questions. Doesn't look like she is near good enough to contend with most if not all of these.

Bricks and Mortar: Fan favorite has done little wrong other than beating legit G1/2/3 Stakes level horses. Peer in Yoshida has gotten the best of this one 2 out of 3 times in 3 of his last 4. Chad Brown/Irad Ortiz will take a lot of money. Could crazily end up as the post time favorite.

Delta Prince: Coming in off a 7F dirt sprint at The Dump, this 6YO ends up here with Lafranco Dettori in the irons. Not sure this one can get 8 1/2 panels much less 9+ offered here. This is your WTF entry of the race.

Catapult: Ran his eyeballs out in the BC Mile back in November. The newly christened 6YO is in the best form of his career. Still don't think he is good enough, and will look towards many others to beat him.

Dubby Dubbie: Put a saddle on my back, and I might be able to beat this one. Simply doesn't belong in here.

SUMMARY: This looks to be a great race to get a price in late Doubles, and horizontal picks across the board. I'm full in on using the in any a number of tickets.
1- Interesting with the giant weight break but not sure style fits the race. O’Brien doesn’t have good numbers in the states in non BC races
2- Mott 0 for 22 dirt to turf off 2-4 month layoff...I’ll let Yoshida beat me
3- I’m a fan of Channel Maker but there is other speed in the race and I would have liked to see this one stay on Lasix instead of the weight break...toss
4-The weight break is appealing and I’ll be honest I don’t know how strong the Japan races were she was in but she was only one for five last year and isn’t exactly a win machine.
5- I don’t think there is a lot separating this one from the shorter price contenders. I think distance is the question mark.
6- Maybe she can bottom them out at a gigantic price??!
7- I think this one goes favorite. I’m a huge fan of the owner/trainer combo. He should get a perfect trip. My second pick.
8- Should get some nice pace to run into but distance is the question mark. Your comment above makes me want to make this my selection!! But I won’t.
9- BC mile was excellent and I don’t think there is a distance limitation. This horse has quite a kick and if I’m giving instructions I’m telling the rider to follow Bricks and Mortar and hopefully get the final run. I’m hoping I get the morning line price or better.
10- Big effort last time and taking a shot. I’d be surprised but if the horse improves off the last effort he is interesting.
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 08:32 AM   #3
sammy the sage

Love both of ya'll's analysis...will be keying 4 & 5 with a bit of 1/7/9 as well...everyone might want run from the 4/5 now...the WEIGHT might be a bit too much now...

It will be a yielding turf by the way...pretty sure...continued showers off & on all day...
Old 01-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #4
jimmyb

I think it's Bricks and Mortors race to lose. Only question marks I have is Irad on a closer. Seen many horses go gate to wire at GP on the lawn. Think Irad is better suited to front runners. Of the speed, I think Delta Prince has a legit shot.

Exacta box
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #5
Alwaysonpoint36
loose on the lead

and to get loose up top and never look back
Old 01-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

= These are some prices (with the being the shortest price here), who I'm guessing may find themselves in that second level behind a loose ... If that pace scenario plays out, and the condition of the turf is favorable to forwardly placed runners, could see these guys getting the run of the race...

Without 'guessing', the Channel Maker still stands on his own merits from the above group.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
bello
Veteran

3 races 3 front runners near the rail so far.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 12:51 PM   #8
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post
3 races 3 front runners near the rail so far.

Yep.

Pure conveyor belt thus far.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #9
bello
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Yep.

Pure conveyor belt thus far.
Now 4 in a row...Even a first time Mott horse jogs on the moving sidewalk
Old 01-26-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Hidden Scroll

Were those fractions legit?

Looked like he rode the bias, but the raw fractions were impressive.

Cool pedigree as well.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post
Now 4 in a row...Even a first time Mott horse jogs on the moving sidewalk

1st wager if the day and have everything other than the 50 length winner.

Early speed gonna be overbet now.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #12
bello
Veteran

Ha, tough to find Mott firster. I wnet with the 3 sprinter speed but didn't get the lead. Sometimes it is tough to even find the speed.

4 and 7 are logical speed here but one of them will take back, likely the 7 who stalked well last race
Old 01-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #13
bello
Veteran

Upon further review, i am just going with the #4 to win. Starting from the rail now he should beat the gate and keep everyone else outside of him. Castellano is smart enough to maneuver to the rail in the short field and is the main threat. But he is way overbet IMO
Old 01-26-2019, 02:19 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yoshida

Old 01-26-2019, 04:57 PM   #15
098poi

Win ,
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply