Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-03-2018, 11:27 PM   #226
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
You do realize the tax money being handed out to people with jobs is tax money that cannot be spent on people without jobs who really need the money more.

Are we really supposed to be celebrating Robin Hood in reverse?
Let me put this another way. Donny Boy and the rest of the GOP took desperately needed federal tax revenue that previously benefitted those in need and decided to hand it out to like candy on Halloween.

Are we all supposed to be happy that the GOP is re-distributing money in a manner that benefits the least needy the most and then works it's way down economic ladder to the guy on minimum wage - especially if the boss feels like sharing the company's new found surplus?

Still don't get it? Try this:

Handing out household money to your kids that was used in prior months to pay the bills is not some kind of an achievement. It's pathetic and irresponsible.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:04 AM   #227
Clocker

Quote:

Are we all supposed to be happy that the GOP is re-distributing money in a manner that benefits the least needy the most and then works it's way down economic ladder to the guy on minimum wage - especially if the boss feels like sharing the company's new found surplus?
Letting people and companies keep more of the money that they earn is redistribution?

Is Orwell's "1984" the training manual given out to new IRS employees?

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Your money is Ours
Old 02-04-2018, 02:18 AM   #228
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Letting people and companies keep more of the money that they earn is redistribution?

Is Orwell's "1984" the training manual given out to new IRS employees?

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Your money is Ours
As much as I dislike being a party pooper on the eve of the Eagles first Super Bowl victory, handing out money may be a great way to buy votes but somebody is going to pay down the line and it's not going to be you and me.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:29 AM   #229
fast4522

The folks working the overtime will now have incentive because their check will have much better take home pay instead of feeling all those extra hours worked went to the federal tax. There is no gold watch after putting 30 years into a company anymore, you need to make what you can while the job that you do is still in demand. Moving to a more merit based immigration our country will be better off having less perks for those who were not born here. Stinks can take his money redistribution ideas with him when it is his turn.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2018, 04:50 AM   #230
davew

Quote:
As much as I dislike being a party pooper on the eve of the Eagles first Super Bowl victory, handing out money may be a great way to buy votes but somebody is going to pay down the line and it's not going to be you and me.
Of course handing out money is good for votes, the dims probably get more than 2/3rds of theirs for it. I can't wait until Mark Zuckerberg becomes president and gives everyone on the country $20K per year as a living wage.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2018, 10:04 AM   #231
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yeah, right.
Can't wait until we all get "zucked!"
Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #232
delayjf

Quote:
benefitted those in need and decided to hand it out to like candy on Halloween.
Those in need, including the millions of illegal aliens coming into this country with their hands out. California is racking in billions in extra income due to the President Trump's economic policies. I'm sure all the illegals will get theirs.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2018, 11:38 AM   #233
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #234
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #235
davew

thank goodness FanDanbot exposes the TRUTH
Old 02-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #236
Clocker

Quote:
Letting people keep more of the money that they earn is handing out money? By that "logic", everything we earn belongs to the IRS, and they hand out some of it so we can live on it, like an allowance.

I'm sure that comports with your indoctrination at the IRS, but that is not reality. All wealth is created by the private sector, period. The government takes as much as it can get away with, spends some of it for the common good, and redistributes the rest.
Old 02-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #237
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.multichannel.com/news/cab...um-wage/417902

Republicans give 15 hr minimum wage
Old 02-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #238
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
http://www.multichannel.com/news/cab...um-wage/417902

Republicans give 15 hr minimum wage
I don't know, JR...you should check with Auntie Nancy to see if this beats having welfare bunnies contribute to the economy with their piddly welfare checks, foods stamps, etc.. Maybe you can get her to run some numbers for you....
Old 02-04-2018, 04:12 PM   #239
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
And it gets worse than this! I heard from the grapevine that Exxon is cutting wages because the tax cut profits aren't enough. Time to buy stock, Fanny...
Old 02-04-2018, 04:34 PM   #240
davew

Quote:

Yes, the people who do not want to work should get the most, so they can party and have more kids. They should have more free time to protest businesses, register voters, and block traffic on freeways ...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: