Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-24-2017, 11:35 PM   #31
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Come on man. Are you really going to argue that Hollywood has been a liberal playground for a long time?
I didn't argue. I gave you a short list of names. But no doubt, there are no shortage of liberals in Hollywood or the nfl

Speaking of the nfl. SI did a piece on former nfl and nba players a few years go. Most are dead broke by age 35. I have as much desire to hear about the political views of a financial illiterate as I would of one of my kids in chess class.

You need to understand this much about the nfl fan backlash... People aren't turning off teevees because of players opinions. It's that we aren't interested in their opinion. Now that OUR message isn't being received (keep your politics,to,yourself), we've tuned them out. Dig it?. I think you can
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 11:38 PM   #32
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I posted in another thread that "there is too much freedom in this freaking country", and I was gang-tackled by many of the "freedom-lovers" here...who were quick to remind me of the importance of our "constitutional right of expressing our opinions...now matter HOW unpopular those opinions may be". And now...these same "freedom-loving" members of this site are seeking to "retaliate" against the exact same "unpopular opinion expressions" that they were defending only a few weeks ago.

I guess the Neo-Nazis are allowed to express their "unpopular opinions"...but the football players aren't.
Not apples to apples. No one agreed with many of the thoughts of white supremacists, only their right to protest as legally permitted. They didn't come into our homes under the guise of a ball game and then give the Nazi salute during the playing of the national anthem. I'm fairly sure that would create a similar uproar as disrespecting our country and military is doing now.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #33
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
The football players are "free" to make any political statement that they want...and the customers are "free" to take their business wherever they please. There is "Freedom" for ALL.

If the "employers" are supporting the decisions of their "employees"...then the customers cannot infringe on the "constitutional rights" of those "employees". All the customers can do is keep their money in their pockets.
You post much too freely for me.....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I didn't argue. I gave you a short list of names. But no doubt, there are no shortage of liberals in Hollywood or the nfl

Speaking of the nfl. SI did a piece on former nfl and nba players a few years go. Most are dead broke by age 35. I have as much desire to hear about the political views of a financial illiterate as I would of one of my kids in chess class.

You need to understand this much about the nfl fan backlash... People aren't turning off teevees because of players opinions. It's that we aren't interested in their opinion. Now that OUR message isn't being received (keep your politics,to,yourself), we've tuned them out. Dig it?. I think you can
Now we are getting somewhere. Let's attach our net-worth numbers to our political statements then. I bet that will silence things up around here.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:40 PM   #35
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You post much too freely for me.....
Just expressing my "constitutional right", bud...
Old 09-24-2017, 11:43 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Not apples to apples. No one agreed with many of the thoughts of white supremacists, only their right to protest as legally permitted. They didn't come into our homes under the guise of a ball game and then give the Nazi salute during the playing of the national anthem. I'm fairly sure that would create a similar uproar as disrespecting our country and military is doing now.
The football players don't "come to your home". You ALLOW them in...and then you complain. Turn off your TV...just as you were advising people to "ignore the Neo-Nazis".
Old 09-24-2017, 11:46 PM   #37
ElKabong

Quote:
Now we are getting somewhere. Let's attach our net-worth numbers to our political statements then. I bet that will silence things up around here.
Most people I come across that are financially secure make good decisions in life. It's how most of them get to where they are.

Those that throw away millions are usually human dumpster fires since they earned their first paycheck, or long before. Again, I'm not interested in a political statement from such an entertainer.

It's an individual's choice, many are choosing to watch something other than the nfl
Old 09-24-2017, 11:52 PM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
The football players are "free" to make any political statement that they want...and the customers are "free" to take their business wherever they please. There is "Freedom" for ALL.

If the "employers" are supporting the decisions of their "employees"...then the customers cannot infringe on the "constitutional rights" of those "employees". All the customers can do is keep their money in their pockets.
But there is a time and "proper" place for everything. They are working when on the field. They are part of the show. This is the rule being enforced in NASCAR. The show is the show. Always been that way in NASCAR.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:56 PM   #39
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The show is the show.
Hopefully your quote sinks in to some on here....

It's what most people that are turned off have been saying. Political views given while on the job? Proceed at your own risk. Natalie Maines wished she had a mulligan on that....

Last edited by ElKabong; 09-24-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #40
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Most people I come across that are financially secure make good decisions in life. It's how most of them get to where they are.

Those that throw away millions are usually human dumpster fires since they earned their first paycheck, or long before. Again, I'm not interested in a political statement from such an entertainer.

It's an individual's choice, many are choosing to watch something other than the nfl
I am not interested in the political statements of ANY entertainer. But that doesn't mean that the entertainers shouldn't be free to make peaceful political statements, without suffering career-threatening repercussions. When you told me in another thread that my "there is too much freedom in this freaking country" comment was an "idiotic"...what sort of "freedoms" did you think you were DEFENDING? Only the ones that you AGREE with?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:58 PM   #41
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
The football players don't "come to your home". You ALLOW them in...and then you complain. Turn off your TV...just as you were advising people to "ignore the Neo-Nazis".
I did just that. However, I'm sure that despite your words you understand the difference between a few dozen people rallying on some street somewhere and the NFL and their tens of millions of fans/viewers who may just want to enjoy a game.

Remember this is the same NFL that wouldn't allow the show of solidarity for fallen police, and let convicted felon dog killer Vick play for them, so being in our face with controversial issues has been going on awhile. Most of us haven't heard the words of some skinhead in years until Charlottesville happened.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:00 AM   #42
ElKabong

Quote:
I am not interested in the political statements of ANY entertainer.
"Damn, negro. That's all you had to say!"
- Samuel L Jackson, Pulp Fiction
Old 09-25-2017, 12:01 AM   #43
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
But there is a time and "proper" place for everything. They are working when on the field. They are part of the show. This is the rule being enforced in NASCAR. The show is the show. Always been that way in NASCAR.
I was never a NASCAR fan but I may have to give them a try. Much respect.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #44
thaskalos

Quote:
The whole point of living in a "Free Society" is that you can't decide which is the "proper time and place" for someone else. Yes...the players are "working" when they are on the field. But the "workers" have their "constitutional rights" too...no matter WHAT the "customers" may think.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-25-2017 at 12:04 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 12:06 AM   #45
ElKabong

Quote:
The whole point of living in a "Free Society" is that you can't decide which is the "proper time and place" for someone else. Yes...the players are "working" when they are on the field. But the "workers" have their "constitutional rights" too...no matter WHAT the "customers" may think.
The customers aren't prisoners of the nfl. Free to walk away, that's what is happening