Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yes, but, good luck proving this:

"with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

Without the above, there is no Logan Act violation.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #62
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
Why are they lying or misleading about the Russian Connection? First Flynn and now Sessions? What are they hiding?
Yes what are they trying to hide... I mean the Dem's are fanning the flame on a damp pile of leaves... to create smoke... lots of smoke.

What are they trying to hide... what are they afraid the NEW Administration and AG will find as the swamp drains.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #63
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
What about the quote provided from Pomeo?
The quote is fictitious. Google " “I don’t want to give too much information but we can say at this point multiple indictments are a virtual certainty”.

Tell me how many hits you get. I got zero.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #64
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
There is a law against it. Mukasey even referenced it. It's called the Logan Act.
1. The Logan Act is so weak that no one has ever been prosecuted with it since 1793.

2. Mukasey clearly stated NO LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN.
If the Trump campaign wanted to collude with the Russians every day about Hillary Clinton, no law would be broken.

You just don't get it, and never will.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #65
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Yes what are they trying to hide... I mean the Dem's are fanning the flame on a damp pile of leaves... to create smoke... lots of smoke.

What are they trying to hide... what are they afraid the NEW Administration and AG will find as the swamp drains.
They will soon be putting out the fire with gasoline, only to find it blowing up right where it should.
Russia,Russia, Russia it is against the law to speak or look towards Russia
but fine for slick willy to meet the Attorney General on a tarmac.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #66
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yes, but, good luck proving this:

"with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

Without the above, there is no Logan Act violation.
You certainly won't prove it if you don't have an investigation. That's what an investigation is for. And you won't prove it if the only purpose of your investigation is to prove that no investigation is needed.

If there is a violation, there are plenty of ways to prove it.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:47 PM   #67
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
1. The Logan Act is so weak that no one has ever been prosecuted with it since 1793.
Since it was passed in 1799, that is probably not true. In fact only one person has been indicted and none prosecuted. That does not mean no one can be prosecuted.

2. Mukasey clearly stated NO LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN.
What he said was, "Where is the crime?" Which ignores the fact that you need an investigation to determine if there is a crime and which law has been broken.

Then he said that colluding with Russia to find dirt on Hillary Clinton was not a crime. Which may be true, or may not. The crime comes in using that information to influence the results of the election.

If the Trump campaign wanted to collude with the Russians every day about Hillary Clinton, no law would be broken.

You just don't get it, and never will.
You are right, I don't get it and I never will. I don't get the idiocy you post here, and I never will. Which makes me feel real good about myself.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #68
boxcar

Quote:
You certainly won't prove it if you don't have an investigation. That's what an investigation is for. And you won't prove it if the only purpose of your investigation is to prove that no investigation is needed.

I'm amazed that you have abandoned your ex-anointed Muslim-in-Chief. On his watch -- when he was still our fearless leader -- Obama denied any hacking of the election.. No Conspiracy. No evidence that the Ruskies tampered with the votes, etc.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...otes-election/
Old 03-02-2017, 02:47 PM   #69
MargieRose

Quote:
What is pathetic is that you have to ask that question. The perpetrator of that website believes that the Boston Marathon Bombing and Sandy Hook were false flag operations and and that the Pulse nightclub shootings in Orlando were carried out by the CIA. The whole thing is made up including the quotes from Pompeo.
So you say, but I demand an investigation...we MUST get to the bottom of this!

Trump should be "impeached;" Sessions must "resign;" and on and on and on...Dems grasping for a lifeline at every turn. I see..."Rats in a barrel and the hunger is starting to get overwhelming."

At this point, I don't give a rat's ass about what Russia may or may not have tried to do, regarding the election or anything else. If they were in any way able to hack into our cyber systems, it is the fault of our own Homeland Security...fix the vulnerabilities and MOVE ON! I'm very much more concerned with getting on with the domestic business of our government. Dems must STOP the self-serving, fabricated delays!! This not government for either of the parties; this is government FOR THE PEOPLE...get it straight!!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #70
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
So you say, but I demand an investigation...we MUST get to the bottom of this!

Trump should be "impeached;" Sessions must "resign;" and on and on and on...Dems grasping for a lifeline at every turn. I see..."Rats in a barrel and the hunger is starting to get overwhelming."

At this point, I don't give a rat's ass about what Russia may or may not have tried to do, regarding the election or anything else. If they were in any way able to hack into our cyber systems, it is the fault of our own Homeland Security...fix the vulnerabilities and MOVE ON! I'm very much more concerned with getting on with the domestic business of our government. Dems must STOP the self-serving, fabricated delays!! This not government for either of the parties; this is government FOR THE PEOPLE...get it straight!!
Not "At this point". When you mean "at no point" did or do you give a rat's ass if Russia influenced a US presidential election. Because you got what you wanted? Because the ends justify the means?

I guess you think of yourself as a real Breitbart/FOX News American patriot.

Pathetic.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:38 PM   #71
davew

Quote:

What good is an investigation if all the dim witnesses 'plead the fifth'.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #72
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Not "At this point". When you mean "at no point" did or do you give a rat's ass if Russia influenced a US presidential election. Because you got what you wanted? Because the ends justify the means?

It's the Democrats way...

I guess you think of yourself as a real Breitbart/FOX News American patriot.

Pathetic.
The Dem's pulled out so much crap and threw it at the wall... anything to win... including torpedoing Sanders.

They hate the fact that the FACTS of their doing, anything to win, ends justifies the means... was outed. And have lost their minds.

Now the Dem's sound like Tattoo of Fantasy Island... but instead of pointing and yelling De Plane... De Plane. They are runnin' around pointing and yelling Da Russians... Da Russians.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #73
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
What good is an investigation if all the dim witnesses 'plead the fifth'.
Maybe if they drink a fifth Mosty will read their lips. He is so much smarter
than everyone.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #74
HalvOnHorseracing

Whatever you believe about the Russians influence on the recent election, their efforts are not likely a one off. Once they gain a foothold, whatever dirty tricks they have in their arsenal will only escalate. That's their usual MO, if you believe places like Ukraine.

The issue for some people is who said what to whom and when two months ago. My issue is, how do we stop the Russians from interfering in our business in the future. They will be opportunistic and they won't worry about our party politics.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2017, 04:31 PM   #75
woodtoo

The real reason for going after Sessions is he is digging up dirt that bad people want remaining quiet. Heads are about to roll inside Deep State(swamp).
Over 1500 pedophiles have been arrested since Pres. Trump was elected and before Sessions confirmation. Pres. Trump has mentioned the horrific
sex trafficking going on, the DHS released an ad video on Feb.4 showing a man walking in front of a pizza place (sign). This video is on Youtube titled
DHS Human Trafficking Video.
A cornered animal will do anything for survival, that is what is on display here.
A last gasp to remain. Period.
This has nothing to do with Russia or Russians.

Last edited by woodtoo; 03-02-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: