Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:19 PM   #1426
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So they deny American jobs.
Screw Ford.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #1427
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Trump has history and the importance of the moment on his side. And a huge majority of American citizens as well.

Any retaliatory tariffs by the EU aimed at the USA will actually result in a very big YAWN when all is said and done.
An approval rating of 38% does not constitute a huge majority.

From Feb. 25:

Quote:
Two polls released Sunday reveal President Trump's approval rating is at its lowest point since his inauguration in January 2017 as the country reignites its debate over gun control reform.

Only 38 percent of people surveyed by USA Today and Suffolk University's Political Research Center approve of Trump's job performance a year into his presidency, while 60 percent disapprove of his leadership of his administration.

CNN's survey, put in the field by SSRS, found 35 percent back Trump's job performance, whereas 58 percent do not.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tw...rticle/2649998

And retaliatory tariffs by the EU were a big factor in Bush's cancellation of his steel tariffs.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:28 PM   #1428
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Except most of those cars are already manufactured here...

Just like our domestics made outside of the US that compete there.

This isn't a "hate Trump" thing as much as its bad economic policy. Nobody agrees his view on trade. Why is he suddenly warming up to TPP? Because he was wrong.

What proof do you have that what Trump is doing is bad policy -- and no links to trade associations for members of the Chamber of Commerce. And no huff and puff articles and interviews made for and by loser and corrupt GOP politicians -- Kasich, Lindsay, Bush, Rove, Romney, Ryan -- these same bunch of prostitutes that sold out the American worker.

I gave you and others examples on how much the price rise in a $25,000 car will be because of the increased steel tariff. Truly dollars when compared to the sticker price ... and you know this but refuse to acknowledge it or give a counter point. Same with clocker. I was responding to him and he didn't comment.

I also mentioned the hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs lost since 1977 and 1992 ... and the tens of thousands of manufacturing plants closed due to free trade... what a joke and a lie you are pushing. US trade deficits have accelerated since the 1970 and you say Trump is a dope and 'free' trade is good.

Facts and sound thinking have a funny way in clearing the deck of disingenuous chatter and silly and naive opinions.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #1429
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
An approval rating of 38% does not constitute a huge majority.

From Feb. 25:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tw...rticle/2649998

And retaliatory tariffs by the EU were a big factor in Bush's cancellation of his steel tariffs.
What was the party-affiliation and ideological breakdown of those polled??

I don't have the time today but I am willing to bet any poll where there is less than 34 per cent of the respondents who identify themselves as right of center or Republican is a phony poll.

Most polls by ABC/Huff Post/NBC/Wash Post/any college poll... have consistently polled only 25 and less per cent GOP or conservative respondents.

But when all is said and done ... who cares what polls are cited.

The EU tariffs vs. USA is a joke. A 'trade war' meme that the anti-Trump knuckleheads are pushing is a bigger joke. It won't happen, and if it does, I'll still put my money on Trump and the USA against the bankers, the EU trash, the Communist Chinese, the media, Hollywood generates and others.

Trump has history on his side and he will win again, as always.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:47 PM   #1430
riskman

Quote:
What proof do you have that what Trump is doing is bad policy -- and no links to trade associations for members of the Chamber of Commerce. And no huff and puff articles and interviews made for and by loser and corrupt GOP politicians -- Kasich, Lindsay, Bush, Rove, Romney, Ryan -- these same bunch of prostitutes that sold out the American worker.

I gave you and others examples on how much the price rise in a $25,000 car will be because of the increased steel tariff. Truly dollars when compared to the sticker price ... and you know this but refuse to acknowledge it or give a counter point. Same with clocker. I was responding to him and he didn't comment.

I also mentioned the hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs lost since 1977 and 1992 ... and the tens of thousands of manufacturing plants closed due to free trade... what a joke and a lie you are pushing. US trade deficits have accelerated since the 1970 and you say Trump is a dope and 'free' trade is good.

Facts and sound thinking have a funny way in clearing the deck of disingenuous chatter and silly and naive opinions.
The fact that almost no one in Congress was consulted, and few people in the administration outside the Commerce Department knew that the decision was coming, is an indictment on the administration. Trump gave virtually no
explanation for his action other than the rhetoric he spewed during his campaighn for the WH.
Trump could be right here, but it appears that he did not seriously discuss this with his cabinet or other advisors.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #1431
Clocker

Quote:
Most polls by ABC/Huff Post/NBC/Wash Post/any college poll... have consistently polled only 25 and less per cent GOP or conservative respondents.
Perhaps because that is the percentage of Americans who identify as Republicans?

http://news.gallup.com/poll/188096/d...ical-lows.aspx

Quote:
But when all is said and done ... who cares what polls are cited.
You are the one that raised the issue.
Old 03-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #1432
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskman View Post
Trump could be right here, but it appears that he did not seriously discuss this with his cabinet or other advisors.
Trump is evolving beyond those mundane restraints.

Quote:
In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China’s President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn’t mind making such a maneuver himself.

“He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great,” Trump said. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day.”
https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2...nt-wants-next/
Old 03-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #1433
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
FTFY
Yeah, I thought he had NO shot to win...ok bud

I didn't think he was going to win. Never said he had no shot. Big difference.

In fact, YEARS ago I said he had a chance back when BIGMACK was here and people were laughing him off way back when...remember that guy, Bigmack...he hasn't been here in FOREVER and I was telling BM he was wrong about Trump BACK THEN.

Should I go find the thread?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-04-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #1434
fast4522

Reckless is right:

"Trump has history on his side and he will win again, as always."

He plays the news outlets and YOU globalists perfectly, got your panties in a twist with this just as his next move is about to cold cock you when you do not see it coming. You folks deserve no better, I think you need a tune to go with it.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #1435
elysiantraveller

Quote:

You've provided zero facts. No one has in support of this.

We have cited dozens of sources from trade organizations to Adam Smith to Milton Friedman to any study ever conducted on the issue.

You on the other hand have provided nothing. Not historical. Not economic. Nothing to support this position because to anyone who's taken econ101 it makes no sense.

Where is your proof this will bring jobs back? Not anecdotes please but actual studies this has worked because it hasn't...

You conveniently ignore the fact that 70%+ of manufacturing jobs are lost to automation. The remainder to cheaper labor markets. The net benefit is cheaper goods and more dollars to spend to the average American citizen.

Finally if Trump is to go ahead with these boneheaded tariffs... to use YOUR OWN ARTICLE what's to stop companies like Daimler, BMW, and BE to simply circumvent the steel tariff by simply closing down American manufacturing plants costing Americans jobs?

Answer that.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-04-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #1436
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
In fairness I would argue that the selection of Trump as nominee and election to President is proof the Republican party is dead.
And you tell people like me to get a grip...funny stuff man.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:09 PM   #1437
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And you tell people like me to get a grip...funny stuff man.
I could have phrased it differently but as we used to identify it... yes its dead or dying.

Do you remember when the party cared about fiscal responsibility and smaller government?

I do.

But I've been a Republican longer than Trump sooo....

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-04-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #1438
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
I could have phrased it differently but as we used to identify it... yes its dead or dying.

Do you remember when the party cared about fiscal responsibility and smaller government?

I do.

But I've been a Republican longer than Trump sooo....
Oh my!!!!!!! Republican party dying lol. Next you'll tell us a black man will never be POTUS.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #1439
fast4522

Quote:

Finally if Trump is to go ahead with these boneheaded tariffs... to use YOUR OWN ARTICLE what's to stop companies like Daimler, BMW, and BE to simply circumvent the steel tariff by simply closing down American manufacturing plants costing Americans jobs?

Answer that.
Just watch them cave in, without access to our economy Europe will burn like a tinderbox.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #1440
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Oh my!!!!!!! Republican party dying lol. Next you'll tell us a black man will never be POTUS.
You guys keep feigning shock and trying to be funny while doing nothing to refute my point that the party has abandoned some of its old tentpoles.

It's shows a lot of you really have nothing of substance to say.

When is the last time Fox has showed the debt clock?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-04-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: