Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-28-2016, 07:37 PM   #16
ronsmac

[QUOTE=lansdale]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac

Olajuwon was great, but the 93-94 Rockets was the worst team ever to win an NBA championship - the 94-95 edition with Drexler was somewhat better, but the team they beat in the Finals was an inexperienced Shaq/Penny Magic. I don't think it's much of a reach to think that the Bulls with prime (31/32) Jordan would have won both of these championships. But we'll never know.
It's hard to improve upon a sweep. The Rockets were money in both those playoff runs.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #17
Valuist

How about Kobe? He basically has held his team hostage the past few seasons, at a maximum contract, while he's a HUGE liability on the floor.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2016, 09:36 AM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
How about Kobe? He basically has held his team hostage the past few seasons, at a maximum contract, while he's a HUGE liability on the floor.
I don't blame Kobe for taking the money. I blame the Lakers for actually paying him the money. They should have let him walk.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #19
Valuist

It's obvious the Lakers problems won't end when Kobe retires. What a mess that situation is.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #20
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
It's obvious the Lakers problems won't end when Kobe retires. What a mess that situation is.
Either Russell has an extremely poor decision-making process or he has no decision-making process. Either is very, very bad. Not sure how you get to turning on a tape recorder. Talk about arrested development. I don't care whether you are 19 or 25. You're being paid to be a professional, and many on counting on you to be one. Learn your craft on and off the court.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #21
magwell

It's time for a few people to eat some crow as Lebron has again proven he's the "best there ever was" and the true MVP of the NBA .......
Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 AM   #22
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
Is he the most narcissistic superstar of any team sport in recent decades? Maybe Terrell Owens, but he wasn't the face of the sport. He comes across as manipulative, and pulls power plays against coaches and teammates where ever he goes. Spends lots of time instigating buzz about his future, and then goes into a frenzy to deny said rumors.

He seems the most unhappy superstar I've ever seen in a team sport.
Could not agree more. His post game "all about me interview" was so hard to endure....did he really say that in the past few years he wondered "why me?". Yeah, gotta be tough to be you Lebron....ugh.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #23
parlay

I don't watch much NBA anymore. As an old washed up, very short, basketball player i had to watch this series.I could care less about the personalities and what they say. I don't watch the interviews or read the sports news. I am in my 59th year and have watched alot of good BB. LBJ is in my estimation one of the greats. Yes, it is irritating sometimes when he decides he wants to be the show, but he can also be an incredible team player. I think he stands above the crowd.
parlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #24
ronsmac

He's been famous since 10th or 11th grade and as a Sr.his games were on Espn nearly every week. There's never been a 16 or 17 yr old under that type of scrutiny. All without a father and a mother who didn't seem to always do a great job raising him. To achieve the heights he has with so many haters and doubters is one of the greatest stories in sports history. Like he said he was supposed to be a statistic. I'd love to see him retire and go out on top but he still has a few good years left.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #25
RXB

Won't comment on players whose prime came before 1980 but since then Jordan and James are a level above anybody else.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 01:33 PM   #26
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't blame Kobe for taking the money. I blame the Lakers for actually paying him the money. They should have let him walk.
Why would they let there ticket money walk? Kobe sells out the place! Lakers tickets cost a lot of money! I get 3 tickets for 5 games per year from one of my best friends for free. He's had season tickets for over 30 years. 3 tickets @ $225 per ticket in the 6th row across from the players and a $25 parking pass x 41 home games! They knew that they weren't going to win, but having Kobe would keep the place packed if he was healthy. When he didn't play the games were not sold out.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #27
Robert Fischer
clean money

Haven't had the time or interest to watch much of the finals, but the NBA seemed to do a good job with this one. Entertaining series, went 7 games, had a social media event w/ Ayesha Curry, and all the LeBron investments paid out one final time.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:42 PM   #28
Thebart

Is there a Statute of Limitations on LaBron's One Stupid Mistake?

I think most people agree that Labron handled his departure from Cleveland to Miami like a total jerk. Of course, Jim Gray the interviewer on "The Decision" also could be said to have been a jerk to have hosted such a hyped hunk-of-junk program.

But now its seven years later. He came back to Cleveland and did exactly what he set out to do. He won an NBA title. Period, end of discussion. Amidst it all he is a model citizen, never a hint of trashy off-court antics that have plagued so many superstars.

If he's a tad full of himself, I can live with that. Superstar athletes who are a tad cocky wouldn't even be "Breaking News." on CNN. He strikes me as a pretty good guy on and off the court. If he brought a title to my horrible Knicks, I can say that I'd be cheering like the folks in Cleveland are doing
today.

The Labron Hate at this point is so far off base it seems based on a lot of other factors having nothing to do with his on or off court behavior.

Last edited by Thebart; 06-20-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Thebart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #29
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Amazing to me how GS just fell apart.

I have a great disdain for the city of Cleveland. So I wasn't really invested in either team.

The entire area is a Dem stronghold that is mis-managed. I own property about a half hour south of cleveland. Now that they have won, I'm going to raise the rent............😂😜
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #30
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebart
I think most people agree that Labron handled his departure from Cleveland to Miami like a total jerk. Of course, Jim Gray the interviewer on "The Decision" also could be said to have been a jerk to have hosted such a hyped hunk-of-junk program.

But now its seven years later. He came back to Cleveland and did exactly what he set out to do. He won an NBA title. Period, end of discussion. Amidst it all he is a model citizen, never a hint of trashy off-court antics that have plagued so many superstars.

If he's a tad full of himself, I can live with that. Superstar athletes who are a tad cocky wouldn't even be "Breaking News." on CNN. He strikes me as a pretty good guy on and off the court. If he brought a title to my horrible Knicks, I can say that I'd be cheering like the folks in Cleveland are doing
today.

The Labron Hate at this point is so far off base it seems based on a lot of other factors having nothing to do with his on or off court behavior.
Where I live there are two groups of LeBron haters. The first group love Kobe. Instead of embracing both it was always a competition and the more Lebron accomplished the more reasons to find holes in his game. After last night two of my Kobe friends relented slightly. These people tend to be in their late 20s to mid 30s. The second group are Jordan lovers and were offended when Lebron started getting comparisons to MJ at such a young age. No matter that LeBron has a more all around game and can do more things on the court. They'll always say MJ has 6 rings so he's better. They tend to be my age and up to their 50s. So know matter what Lebron does they'll knock him because it threatens their heroes. I can't speak for the other hate guys like skip bayless have for LeBron. It's something more personal there. It doesn't matter what LeBron does he always finds fault. Lebron just led both teams in pts reb ass steals and blocks and skip still trashes him.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: