Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
billyball

Canterbury Park Early P4 Sun 6/16/2013

The Equibase chart says that it paid $4,996.50 for a $1 wager on a 3 of 4 payoff---so they are saying nobody had 4 winners --- the chart in DRF also shows this 3/4 pay off---The pool total was 5,810---the first leg a MSW for Mn bred 2yo's was won by track owner Curt Sampsons "CHAIRMAN CROOKS" the 5 horse at even money---second leg went to $17 #8 "AMBASSADOR OF WAR"----will explain later about this leg----third leg went to 8/5 favorite #11 "SWIFT PROGRESS"----back to the second leg when the #8 won I though great because I went 5 deep and the 8 was one of my picks---when I looked at the ticket though I see I used 7 instead of the 8 by mistake---not the first time I have done that----after the 3rd leg when Swift Progress who I had used wins by a nose I am really beating myself up because I would be 4 deep in final leg if I did not f***up----I wrote down the willpays and did notice some 3/4 payoffs but 8 or 9 of the entries including the #6 HUMAN ERASER who was the winner showed a payoff--I have $2408 as the number on the 6---the tv I was looking at was kind of blurry but that's what I saw and wrote down---I did not use the Eraser on my ticket so I let it go that I would of lost anyway time to move on---Then last night when I looked at the charts at see the 3/4 payoff I go WHAT---that can not be possible---my 4 deep ticket would have 4 winners if I did not make the mistake---the more I think that only two other tickets on the 12 horses in leg 4 had the even money 7-1 and 8-5 alive to the 4th leg seems impossible---then I look at my program again and see what I wrote down---got to be a mistake----called Canterbury and they said yes paid on 3/4----so now am beating myself up again---can anybody tell me what they think----thanks---billyball

k
billyball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
foodog8

That is a mistake in the Equibase chart(s). Equibase charts show both early and late P4s paid 3/4 but that is wrong. In the early P4, there were two winning $.50 ticketsthat paid $2498. The pool size was $5810.

My friend had four horses to cash the P4 in race 4, but not the winner (the 6 horse), so obviously if it had paid 3/4 it would have been a lot less than $2400.

The Cby person you spoke with was just reading back to you the same bad information from the chart that you were seeing.
foodog8 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
billyball

thanks----I can sleep now after you confirmed what I was thinking---just did not seem like that could be true----
billyball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply