Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-16-2019, 11:23 AM   #1
Julz

Blacked Eyed Susan

Does anyone have pp’s??
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #2
delsully
Veteran

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/brisw...9/summary.html
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 12:45 PM   #3
Julz

Thanks so much!
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
jay68802

Off Topic 8/1: Like another in here, was last seen getting beat by Always Shopping in the Gazelle. Earned a career best figure in a race that was really slow up front. Out.

Ulele 15/1: Winner in last set a solid pace and hung on. Did beat a next out winner also. That runner would be 15/1 here also. Out.

Our Super Freak 20/1: Love the name, and needs to be in lesser competition. Do not see it at all. Out.

Always Shopping 4/1: Winner of Gazelle at 4/1. With 2 wins at the distance and solid connections will get bet, but not by me. Not completely out of the question. Fringe player.

Cookie Dough 3/1: Yes Cookie Dough is good. The horse that beat this one in her last would be favored here. Contender for sure, but drifted in and out in the last one and the odds will not be there. Pass.

Sweet Diane 15/1: Ran third to another in here and can improve on that. Gets a new trainer and jockey. Gets the short trip around the track. Trainer does well first time out and at 15/1 warrants a play for sure. Contender.

Point of Honor 5/2: Favorite in the morning line, deserves that honor. At her best can win here. Looks like the last was a prep for this and should be ready to fire. Contender.

Brill 5/1: Has seen Bellefina and Mother Mother, and ran respectably against those two. Distance is a question with this one, so you need all of the 5/1, and probably more to play. Contender.

Las Setas 15/1: Outside draw only means that this one will not get cute. Lone speed is dangerous any where and this one fought back and won when headed. Has the guts to hang on here, and with the others not seeing the pace that this one can set, is the Pick.

Black Eyed Susan / Preakness Double: /
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #5
Immortal6

will get a race with some pace and should have a good setup. Looks tough to beat here imo. Pry be 2-1 post time... try for some value with a tri

over

Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Box exactas, bet top two highest odds 1w3p
Old 05-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #7
GaryG
Unreconstructed

OFF TOPIC
Old 05-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #8
bobphilo

Exacta box: Cookie Dough, Point of Honor, Brill.
I know I'm a chalk eating weasel here but the odds are acceptable here.

Glad I was able to leave out Always Shopping who's dam Stopchargingmaria was named after the wimpy owner who was unable to stop his wife from running up wis credit card with her shopping.

Last edited by bobphilo; 05-17-2019 at 04:50 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 04:42 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
OFF TOPIC
Now that is a hunch play!
Old 05-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #10
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
will get a race with some pace and should have a good setup. Looks tough to beat here imo. Pry be 2-1 post time... try for some value with a tri

over

Ulele was my second toss after the
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 04:56 PM   #11
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post

over

Good solid pick.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190517_155356.jpg (140.9 KB, 26 views)
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #12
coachv30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Good solid pick.
I'm throwing out the derby and liking that

Good Luck Jay!!
Old 05-17-2019, 05:57 PM   #13
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Good solid pick.
Nice!

Just a little tip, I would recommend not posting images of the coded section of a mutual ticket until after you cash it. These things are super-easy to forge and cash.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #14
bobphilo

Sad how Congrats Gal collapsed and died shortly after finishing the race. The vet was correct in saying it was probably a cardiovascular event, commonly incorrectly called a heart attack Horses do get heart attacks as defined in humans as a complete blockage of a Coronary Artery. Horse's Coronary Arteries are so huge they do not get blocked. The cardiovascular event that is the most common in horses is a rupture of the Aorta coming right out of the heart. People can get them too. Death is almost immediate and inevitable .
One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed is to see a horse stagger it's last few painful steps before collapsing while trying to finish a race at Aqueduct after this happened to him.
R.I.P. brave runners
Old 05-17-2019, 06:32 PM   #15
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Sad how Congrats Gal collapsed and died shortly after finishing the race. The vet was correct in saying it was probably a cardiovascular event, commonly incorrectly called a heart attack Horses do get heart attacks as defined in humans as a complete blockage of a Coronary Artery. Horse's Coronary Arteries are so huge they do not get blocked. The cardiovascular event that is the most common in horses is a rupture of the Aorta coming right out of the heart. People can get them too. Death is almost immediate and inevitable .
One of the saddest things I've ever witnessed is to see a horse stagger it's last few painful steps before collapsing while trying to finish a race at Aqueduct after this happened to him.
R.I.P. brave runners
Correction. Congrats Girl went down in the Miss Preakness Stakes earlier, Not the Black Eyed Susan as this seemed to imply. Wrong thread. My bad.