Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:16 PM   #1426
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
So after the 3rd at Saratoga safe to say a jockey can do pretty much whatever he wants on the NYRA circuit?
In my opinion, it has been that way for awhile. The stewards, with their lack of action will eventually get a jockey hurt or even worse.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 04:22 PM   #1427
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron View Post
In my opinion, it has been that way for awhile. The stewards, with their lack of action will eventually get a jockey hurt or even worse.
I agree, just hadn't seen it happen like that at the start any time recently.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2017, 04:36 PM   #1428
aaron

Quote:
I agree, just hadn't seen it happen like that at the start any time recently.
There was a race at Belmont where a horse took out 3 horses at the start and went wire to wire at about 15-1.I had a the exacta which was about 250-300. I remember thinking, am I going to get taken down on a foul, that they never call. Fortunately for me, they let the result stand, but it was an foul and should have come down.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:50 PM   #1429
aaron

CJ- I don't remember the horses name, but Joe Parker's horse won and David Don's horse as second.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:03 PM   #1430
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron View Post
CJ- I don't remember the horses name, but Joe Parker's horse won and David Don's horse as second.
If you can look at the 3rd race on 6/3/17 at Belmont. The winning horse was Buckwellspent. The 2nd horse was Lyrical Miracle.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:43 PM   #1431
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
So after the 3rd at Saratoga safe to say a jockey can do pretty much whatever he wants on the NYRA circuit?
The stewards don't seem to have any defined rules or understanding of what merits a DQ.

They seem to take trivial details into consideration such as whether the jockey or the horse caused the trouble, or whether or not the jockey who got fouled stops riding...

That's one reason you see the reigns being held up(as if pulling toward the rail) at the start in race 3, and we see the token whipping(as if whipping away from the horse they are intentionally herding).

Meanwhile, the victim gets rewarded for acting and punished for trying to win.

A foul is a foul. Leave out 'intent', leave out the reaction of the victim... This is a horse racing judgment, not a court of law for humans...

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 07-31-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #1432
picojim

Finger Lakes 1st ...really?!?!
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #1433
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Saratoga 6th, the 5 hits the 11's back end around the turn causing her to lose stride momentarily. 5 wins with 11 3rd by neck and stewards make no change.

What do you have to do exactly to get DQ'd?

On another note...I'd love to know what changed in the Linda Rice barn. She's Dutrowesque for 8 months now.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #1434
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Saratoga 6th, the 5 hits the 11's back end around the turn causing her to lose stride momentarily. 5 wins with 11 3rd by neck and stewards make no change.

On another note...I'd love to know what changed in the Linda Rice barn. She's Dutrowesque for 8 months now.
Real money paid, but FAKE RESULTS....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #1435
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Its ok, they fined Irad 3k for wiping out the field at the break the other day after not taking any action on the inquiry. I'm sure he'll be eating ramen for a few weeks after that steep penalty.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #1436
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:

I was heated after that one. Some years they call it if someone gets breathed on..........this year everything goes. Hannahs Smile got the worst of it but I had the Avery Maeve on top. No action taken.......the took the out for a hot dog. The race ended by about a nose and neck and they have the nerve to say that move didn't cost a thing? That's a freaking joke and a disservice to the public. Admit, I had the to win, she fit my turf speed profile.......but c'mon, what do you have to do to get a call?
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 PM   #1437
Track Phantom

EVD R8 - 8/3/17

Why do stewards do this? They DQ'd the winner for coming over on the runner-up but the infraction happened after the race was decided (in the final 50 yards). The runner-up, had he been caught for 2nd, should have been moved up. But he was never going to be the winner. So, apparently every horse player understands this is not warranted but they penalize the players anyway.

Seriously, it's shit like this that make me want to just forget this game.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:15 PM   #1438
thaskalos

The unscrupulousness of the trainers, coupled with the incompetence of the jockeys and the stewards...make it seem as if the horseplayer is battling a 50% takeout in this game.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #1439
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Gotta be a DQ here in 5th at Del Mar, right?
Old 08-09-2017, 07:15 PM   #1440
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Gotta be a DQ here in 5th at Del Mar, right?

So you can knock a horse off stride by bumping it and end up only defeating said horse by a nose and that's okay!

I give up