Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 10-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #826
maliksealy210

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I'll make this plain and simple; when there's a steward's inquiry, the bettors should be able to watch on TV monitors, via live track feed, the same exact replay portions as the stewards are watching, replaying and discussing.

In addition, all conversations with jockeys and stewards should be heard via the same TV monitors or broadcast on the track's overhead PA system.

These 2 solutions will, in fact, remove all doubt as to the true situation involving all participants, and will remove the "cloud" of suspicion involving the final decision/result. All I'm looking for is transparency, after all, it's OUR money that's being discussed here....
Indiana Grand does this right in some regards. They switch to a "stewards view" replay where you even see them rewinding and watching the same spots over and over. The closest I've seen to audio is Canterberry's post race feature they put on their website where they sit the stewards in a room and have them explain why they dq'd a horse (or in one recent example why they ruled a race a "no contest").

The push for HD in-house would help the stewards so much across all jurisdictions. Although, I do know how much it costs and for some smaller tracks its equivalent to a whole months worth of handle.
maliksealy210 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2015, 06:42 PM   #827
Stillriledup
Veteran

No inquiry on the 2 in the 5th at DMR for destroying the 3 at the start?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2015, 03:04 AM   #828
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
No inquiry on the 2 in the 5th at DMR for destroying the 3 at the start?
I wondered about that myself.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #829
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete
I wondered about that myself.
I don't wonder much about the incompetence of the DMR stewards. This was blatant interference, the bothered horse clipped heels, if that horse goes down, Theres a DQ, but it's the same incident, why should the culprit get rewarded because the jock on the bothered horse didnt fall off? It's random when they decide to take action, no consistency.

Last edited by Stillriledup; 11-06-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #830
Stillriledup
Veteran

Shaky DQ at Churchill race 2. The 2nd place finisher was never going by, the winner was full of run. The 2pf even galloped out a bit winded, he wasnt going past, tough call if you had the physical winner.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #831
Redhook206

Delta Downs DQ costs me 10k

Delta Nov13 Race 3. $5 tri box 1,2,5,7,10. Maybe my worst beat of my career!!
Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #832
Redhook206

Delta race8

Delta race8 declared a non race after track had trouble get the starting gate off the ****ing track! Can't make this shit up! What a dump!!
Old 11-14-2015, 01:29 AM   #833
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhook206
Delta race8 declared a non race after track had trouble get the starting gate off the ****ing track! Can't make this shit up! What a dump!!
And, you know what they did to make everyone whole for their error? They paid the winning bettors out of their own pocket and refunded all the losers.

No, wait, check that, they didnt do what I said above, they just took the cash from the winners (minus their initial investment of course) and gave it to the losers
Old 11-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #834
Redhook206

Delta DQ Stung me

Delta race3. Nov 13. $5 tri box

Objection by unplaced against cost me a huge ticket.

Any opinions?
Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #835
ultracapper

Can you post a link to the replay?
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 11:37 AM   #836
Redhook206

No idea how to post it here.
Replays are on their site. Deltadownsracing.com. Nov13, race 3.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #837
ultracapper

Ouch!! 7/16ths pole the 5 definitely came down on the 2. However, the 2 really wasn't going anywhere as after the incident, the jock actually tried to get back into the race, and the horse just wasn't good enough this day to make an impression. If the 2 would not have been effected there, I still doubt it would have been part of the placing. No doubt the 5 would have finished ahead of the 2.

I know in SoCal, the horse comes down if the stewards feel the effected horse was cost THE CHANCE at a better placing. I believe other jurisdictions may have different criteria. I'm no steward, and don't feel qualified to make a determination on this one, but I am a gambler, and if I had that 5 on my ticket, I'd be a bit pissed off about that takedown, and I'm usually pretty honest when I get taken down. I got popped about a month ago on a 14-1 at Santa Anita, being dropped from 1st to 3rd, but I had to admit that the stewards had no choice.

It's obvious what the stewards saw, but the ultimate result probably wasn't effected at all. Moved the 2 up to 5th. The 2 wasn't going to pay anybody anyhow, even if it hadn't been interfered with. Considering you had that 100-1 fantasy on your ticket, this one has to hurt, even more so because the supporters of the #2 got exactly what they should have anyway, nothing.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #838
Redhook206

Totally agree with your opinion. It seems like you could have a DQ in just about every race if you call it that tight.

Still in shock!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #839
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Race 4 today at Del Mar - start of the pick 6.

4/5 taken down, 19-1 put up. Evidence that odds don't matter (which I think is true).

Looked a bit ticky tack to me, with the running up almost directly into the back end of the . Could see the argument either way.

If it's a Breeder's Cup race, the stays up.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #840
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
Race 4 today at Del Mar - start of the pick 6.

4/5 taken down, 19-1 put up. Evidence that odds don't matter (which I think is true).

Looked a bit ticky tack to me, with the running up almost directly into the back end of the . Could see the argument either way.

If it's a Breeder's Cup race, the stays up.
I gotta be a bit critical here of you HW because if you are critical of a DQ like ths, it makes the really ticky tack ones look like people complain on every DQ, it's important to not complain on every DQ. While in a no DQ life nothing comes down, this one was hard to justify it staying up under the current system of judging.