Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #166
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
"Don't Stop Believin' "

No kiddin'!!!!

Where do I place my bets?
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2018, 06:19 PM   #167
lefty359

Trevor

Looks like Trevor Denman is Wrona's replacement at Santa Anita. Wonder if it's interim or for good. I thought he had retired...
lefty359 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2018, 06:31 PM   #168
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Looks like Trevor Denman is Wrona's replacement at Santa Anita. Wonder if it's interim or for good. I thought he had retired...
Ummm, no.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...rack-announcer
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2018, 01:42 AM   #169
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
He missed that by a mile
Old 11-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #170
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2018, 11:12 AM   #171
Andy Asaro

https://wiretowindow.wordpress.com/2...mpression=true

Excerpt:

Over the past few days racetrack announcers have been quite the “hot topic” on horse twitter. Here’s the review, Vic Stauffer aka @goofongheroof selling his picks. Michael Wrona aka @Michael_Wrona got unceremoniously fired from Santa Anita. Frank Mirahmadi aka @FrankMirahmadi getting the job at Santa Anita. Last night Jimmy McNerney aka @JimmyMcNerney was accused by Ed DeRosa of TwinSpires for betting on a horse in a race that he called.

Will start with Vic Stauffer, he’s currently the announcer at Oaklawn & does a few shifts weekly with TVG. Last week Vic decided to start selling his picks, first with a money back guarantee. That lasted all of one day. Horse twitter has taken Vic over the coals with his “brainstorm” I have no feelings on what he’s doing. I do wonder what his employers think of this. TVG has it’s talent posting tickets all day everyday at least Vic would most likely be playing those tickets. Unlike 95% of those that post them daily.

Michael Wrona this was a bitter pill for me & many to swallow. Michael had been the announcer at Santa Anita for the past two years & appeared to be doing a fantastic job. He went in last week to discuss a new contract & was let go. Worst part is Tim Ritvo had already made a deal with another announcer before telling Michael he was getting let go. Michael made the stunning announcement via twitter ahead of the press release sent out by Santa Anita. I do feel awful the way this was handled but it’s the way the Stronach Group does business.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:00 PM   #172
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
https://wiretowindow.wordpress.com/2...mpression=true

Excerpt:

Over the past few days racetrack announcers have been quite the “hot topic” on horse twitter. Here’s the review, Vic Stauffer aka @goofongheroof selling his picks. Michael Wrona aka @Michael_Wrona got unceremoniously fired from Santa Anita. Frank Mirahmadi aka @FrankMirahmadi getting the job at Santa Anita. Last night Jimmy McNerney aka @JimmyMcNerney was accused by Ed DeRosa of TwinSpires for betting on a horse in a race that he called.

Will start with Vic Stauffer, he’s currently the announcer at Oaklawn & does a few shifts weekly with TVG. Last week Vic decided to start selling his picks, first with a money back guarantee. That lasted all of one day. Horse twitter has taken Vic over the coals with his “brainstorm” I have no feelings on what he’s doing. I do wonder what his employers think of this. TVG has it’s talent posting tickets all day everyday at least Vic would most likely be playing those tickets. Unlike 95% of those that post them daily.

Michael Wrona this was a bitter pill for me & many to swallow. Michael had been the announcer at Santa Anita for the past two years & appeared to be doing a fantastic job. He went in last week to discuss a new contract & was let go. Worst part is Tim Ritvo had already made a deal with another announcer before telling Michael he was getting let go. Michael made the stunning announcement via twitter ahead of the press release sent out by Santa Anita. I do feel awful the way this was handled but it’s the way the Stronach Group does business.
Where would I be without having Andy's advice as to how to manage my career?
Old 11-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #173
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Where would I be without having Andy's advice as to how to manage my career?
I didn't write the blog. I don't have a blog.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #174
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I didn't write the blog. I don't have a blog.
I apologize. I told someone that and they said they were 100% sure you wrote it. My bad. Trust but verify.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:53 PM   #175
airford1

Vic who you like in the 5th at Del Mar Saturday?
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2018, 07:54 PM   #176
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
Vic who you like in the 5th at Del Mar Saturday?
My bad this is about Wrona.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:41 AM   #177
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
My bad this is about Wrona.
Could've just PMed the guy instead.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:52 AM   #178
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman179 View Post
Beulah Park came up with a number of initiatives to drum up business on a woeful product. There was the creation of America Tab, which later was bought by CDI and turned into twinspires.com, there was also the Beulah Twins and then the 25 cent Fortune 6, the first Jackpot wager in the Continental US (those three items not necessarily in chronological order).
America Tab the first ADW I ever used. Signed up with them just to be able to bet Beulah Park on Monday's and Tuesday's when the local simulcast wasn't available. Outstanding customer service even back then. Hated to see that track close up shop, seemed there was always some bias going on there, especially in the dead of winter.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #179
airford1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbullsnation View Post
Could've just PMed the guy instead.
Duh. Vic just started to offer his pic's and I respect his Skills little more than mine and opened the door to a free ad.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:29 AM   #180
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
America Tab the first ADW I ever used. Signed up with them just to be able to bet Beulah Park on Monday's and Tuesday's when the local simulcast wasn't available. Outstanding customer service even back then. Hated to see that track close up shop, seemed there was always some bias going on there, especially in the dead of winter.
Oh geez! A looooong long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I think my first internet ADW was with Youbet.com, then switched to America TAB when YB started getting crazy with wager fees. In fact, the twinspires.com pro interface resembles that of the old Youbet.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply