Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #16
Robert Fischer
clean money

Gormley - seems to be training very well.

Irap - also continuing to train very well.

Tapwrit - I haven't heard anything. He seems to be very logical if all is well.

Timeline - I'm guessing that Brown will opt to run Take Your Guns (4th Peter Pan), and give his 1st stringers (Timeline, Cloud Computing) a break for summer.

Thunder Snow - haven't heard anything definitive, guessing he's off the trail

as Julz mentioned
Epicharis
Senior investment
Lookin at Lee
^^^ heard these are 100%

Classic Empire(rest?)
Practical Joke(Dwyer Stakes?)
^^ heard these are less likely 'possibles'

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 05-22-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #17
CincyHorseplayer

The 2014 Belmont trifecta was my last major score in a TC race so I am ready for this year's version! Can't say who I like just yet but with this mediocrity IMO of a crop this should be a good betting race. I didn't bet a dime on the Preakness. Ready to dive in here. Love the Belmont anyway. There should be more 12f dirt races. I detest 9f.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #18
handyman1968

Leaning towards the Japanese horse atm. They know how to travel and what race to target. Say all you want about their failure to win the Arc but they've been close many times which cannot be said of the other major racing jurisdictions.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #19
Julz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post

Timeline - I'm guessing that Brown will opt to run Take Your Guns (4th Peter Pan), and give his 1st stringers (Timeline, Cloud Computing) a break for summer.

as Julz mentioned
Epicharis
Senior investment
Lookin at Lee
^^^ heard these are 100%

Classic Empire(rest?)
I read earlier today that timeline was being pointed to the Haskell.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 05:54 PM   #20
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
That sounds right.

It's rare that a major trainer will run a Grade 1 stakes horse (especially a prospect like Timeline) in the Belmont Stakes.

Unless there's a triple crown on the line or something, most of these guys would prefer to rest their 1st stringers up, run them in something along the lines of Haskell, Travers, (possibly a prep), Breeders Cup.

Trainer Chad Brown had a quote: “He doesn’t strike me as a mile-and-a-half horse, but I’m not going to declare him out of the (Belmont Stakes). I’ll discuss that with Mr. Farish, but that wasn’t really my plan going in here. We’re still in the developmental stage with this horse.”

Maybe Timeline really doesn't strike Brown as a 12F horse, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown were very confident in Timeline's ability to run 12 Furlongs. My gut says he simply wants to develop the horse properly.

Haskell could shape up to be quite a race. Timeline... Irish War Cry is a NJ connected horse and makes a lot of sense. The Haskell also seems like the type of spot that Pletcher would bring back Always Dreaming (although he may duck, if too many stars are pointed there).

Belmont - add Multiplier to the 'probables' list. I hadn't noticed that Multiplier had traffic issues in the Preakness. They will run if the horse is well.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #21
Julz

Quote:

as Julz mentioned
Epicharis
Senior investment
Lookin at Lee
^^^ heard these are 100%

Classic Empire(rest?)
Old 05-22-2017, 06:19 PM   #22
Julz

Quote:
That sounds right.

It's rare that a major trainer will run a Grade 1 stakes horse (especially a prospect like Timeline) in the Belmont Stakes.

Unless there's a triple crown on the line or something, most of these guys would prefer to rest their 1st stringers up, run them in something along the lines of Haskell, Travers, (possibly a prep), Breeders Cup.

Trainer Chad Brown had a quote: “He doesn’t strike me as a mile-and-a-half horse, but I’m not going to declare him out of the (Belmont Stakes). I’ll discuss that with Mr. Farish, but that wasn’t really my plan going in here. We’re still in the developmental stage with this horse.”

Maybe Timeline really doesn't strike Brown as a 12F horse, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brown were very confident in Timeline's ability to run 12 Furlongs. My gut says he simply wants to develop the horse properly.

Haskell could shape up to be quite a race. Timeline... Irish War Cry is a NJ connected horse and makes a lot of sense. The Haskell also seems like the type of spot that Pletcher would bring back Always Dreaming (although he may duck, if too many stars are pointed there).

Belmont - add Multiplier to the 'probables' list. I hadn't noticed that Multiplier had traffic issues in the Preakness. They will run if the horse is well.
That makes a lot of sense, but I was always of the thought that the Peter Pan was a prep for the Belmont, so I assumed that timeline would be pointed there, however you clarified.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:58 PM   #23
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Biscuit View Post
You like Classic Empire after he could not get the shorter Preakness distance than the Derby ??

His pedigree must be yelling distance ?

What's your angle bro ?

Thank you for your input ....
They're probably not going 23 and 46 to start off the Belmont Stakes, so it should be fine.

Put Classic Empire on the flank of the leader or somewhere close. If the half goes in 48-49-ish, he should be good for the entire trip and inherit the lead as the others get tired.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #24
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Biscuit View Post
You like Classic Empire after he could not get the shorter Preakness distance than the Derby ??

His pedigree must be yelling distance ?
Classic Empire is by a stallion who has produced one Belmont Stakes winner already and who was himself sired by a Belmont Stakes winner (Empire Maker).

On the bottom side, if you go back to the 4th dam, then you open a whole can of stamina as the family includes champion 3yo filly Revidere who won the 12f CCA Oaks and placed at 3 against older males in the 12f Jockey Club Gold Cup, Boldnesian-a Santa Anita Derby winner who was the paternal grandsire of Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew; Dinner in Rio and Wing Out-both grass stayers, and Princessnesian who beat males in the Hollywood Gold Cup in 1:59+ and figures prominently in the pedigree of top racehorse and sire Harlan's Holiday.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #25
Julz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Classic Empire is by a stallion who has produced one Belmont Stakes winner already and who was himself sired by a Belmont Stakes winner (Empire Maker).

On the bottom side, if you go back to the 4th dam, then you open a whole can of stamina as the family includes champion 3yo filly Revidere who won the 12f CCA Oaks and placed at 3 against older males in the 12f Jockey Club Gold Cup, Boldnesian-a Santa Anita Derby winner who was the paternal grandsire of Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew; Dinner in Rio and Wing Out-both grass stayers, and Princessnesian who beat males in the Hollywood Gold Cup in 1:59+ and figures prominently in the pedigree of top racehorse and sire Harlan's Holiday.
That was a great analysis. Are you able to do the same for the bottom of senior investment. I'm starting to like some things in his pedigree, however I'm unable to break it down as you did above.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #26
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
That was a great analysis. Are you able to do the same for the bottom of senior investment. I'm starting to like some things in his pedigree, however I'm unable to break it down as you did above.
Senior Investment's bottom side isn't noted for its blacktype. In fact, the dam Plaid was probably the best horse from the female line and she was a multiple 2-turn stakes winner in the midwest.

However, the bottom side is notable for its longevity. Like Plaid herself, there are countless descendants from that line that made 30-40 starts and sometimes more. There isn't surprising a lot of black type though, even though it appears that the Jackson's (of Barbaro fame) and Jan and Mace Siegel controlled the family.

As far as stamina goes, you won't find bluer blood than that of the sire Discreetly Mine, a Derby also ran that was reformed as a sprinter late in his 3yo. His close relatives Discreet Cat and Awesome Maria were also middle distance types but when you have classic producers like Weekend Surprise, Up The Flagpole, and Numbered Account along with more recent top broodmares like Pretty Discreet and Prospectors Delite, you have to have some stamina hidden away. His dam won the 10f Alabama in the slop.

Also, the broodmare sire Deputy Commander, a late developing 3yo, took the Travers and was 2nd to Skip Away's smashing effort in the 1997 BC Classic. His dam was the top turf mare Anka Germania, who beat the streaking turf champion Sunshine Forever in the 12f Sword Dancer. Deputy Commander also sired Ten Most Wanted, who was a sharp 2nd in Empire Maker's Belmont win.

Last edited by Spalding No!; 05-22-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #27
Julz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Senior Investment's bottom side isn't noted for its blacktype. In fact, the dam Plaid was probably the best horse from the female line and she was a multiple 2-turn stakes winner in the midwest.

However, the bottom side is notable for its longevity. Like Plaid herself, there are countless descendants from that line that made 30-40 starts and sometimes more. There isn't surprising a lot of black type though, even though it appears that the Jackson's (of Barbaro fame) and Jan and Mace Siegel controlled the family.

As far as stamina goes, you won't find bluer blood than that of the sire Discreetly Mine, a Derby also ran that was reformed as a sprinter late in his 3yo. His close relatives Discreet Cat and Awesome Maria were also middle distance types but when you have classic producers like Weekend Surprise, Up The Flagpole, and Numbered Account along with more recent top broodmares like Pretty Discreet and Prospectors Delite, you have to have some stamina hidden away. His dam won the 10f Alabama in the slop.

Also, the broodmare sire Deputy Commander, a late developing 3yo, took the Travers and was 2nd to Skip Away's smashing effort in the 1997 BC Classic. His dam was the top turf mare Anka Germania, who beat the streaking turf champion Sunshine Forever in the 12f Sword Dancer. Deputy Commander also sired Ten Most Wanted, who was a sharp 2nd in Empire Maker's Belmont win.
That was awesome. Thanks for taking the time to research for me. I don't know how you guys do it. Best of luck.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #28
Mc990

Tapwrit makes as much sense as any in here.
Mc990 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #29
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Take Your Guns (4th Peter Pan)
Looks like Brown is leaning toward Twisted Tom. (I have no idea whether that preference is mutually exclusive of Take Your Guns).

Twisted Tom ran a nice race in the Federico Tesio.

Race shaping up to be a handicapping challenge.

Have to hope that Classic Empire runs.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #30
Big Peps

Read today that Hollywood Handsome trained by Dallas Stewart, Fipke Owner/Breeder is a possibility.
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply