Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #31
SoCaGambler

No need to be sorry. I am happy to wait my turn. The program I was referring to is your program (HHX 2.1.) I just realized that it’s your program and not Handi’s. They look similar to an old fart like me.
I don’t know anything about programming and just amazed at what you and Handi have been able to accomplish and to share your hard work I am grateful. It has given me hours of fun.

Thank you so much
SoCaGambler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #32
headhawg
crusty old guy

2.1 is the latest version of HHX. And as I mentioned, Handi's version went in a different direction because he wanted to add new features pretty quickly and we didn't have time to team up. (I would just slow him down, frankly.) Truthfully I can't remember if any of his versions had the csv option. Rest assured that HHXv3 will have it and some other improvements. My goal is to get the initial version out, wait for some feedback, and then build it up from there. I really thought that I would have had the initial release done by now, but I ran into some coding difficulty and had to take a break. Knowing that people are still using HHX does motivate me to get the new one done, though. I guess that means that coding is on the agenda for this weekend.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
Fingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaGambler
The older version gave the option to run a csv printout after running all the races on the card. Is is possible to run in this update?

Thanks in advance, Chuck
Quote:
headhawg

Chuck,

Sorry that I missed your post. What older version were you referring to? I know that there might be a little confusion for users as Handi is developing one version of Handifast and I am working on (when I can) the HHX version which is primarily the same but with some different features. Handi has produced way more versions than I have so if it's one of his you might consider sending him a PM. He would be more familiar with his own stuff, but I could try to answer once I know which older version has the csv stuff.

HH
I believe HandifastHHXv21.exe gave that option when exiting.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2012, 06:53 AM   #34
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

Hi guys. I'm using version MT-6. Is there much of a difference between it and the latest version? I'm seeing excellent results at Delmar using a factor hit list by distance and handicapping each race using individual weight based on the hit list by distance
redeye007 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #35
headhawg
crusty old guy

red,

I don't know for sure but I would guess that the calculations are the same for both versions and should result in the same horse rankings. Handi posted some release notes for MT-8 in this thread: Handifast Release Notes
Old 07-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #36
redeye007
Bet small...win BIG!

Thanks for the feedback HH. Handifast made easy work of the 10th at Del Mar yesterday. cold trifecta
redeye007 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #37
PMDIC

Download

Where can i download handifast? Thanks, Phil
PMDIC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #38
pilot12321

Located in post#1 paceadvantage posted it.
Wayne
pilot12321 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #39
PMDIC

Download

I cannot open or save the files. I get a message that my browser is blocking it. How can i fix that? Thanks for the reply,Phil
Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #40
headhawg
crusty old guy

You really shouldn't have any trouble downloading it. If you are using Internet Explorer a bar appears that has a message that tells you that IE has blocked the download. Just click on the bar and select the Download File option. If you're still not able to download there must be some other program (like a firewall or antivirus) that's preventing the download.

I just tried and can download with either IE or Firefox.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #41
PMDIC

keep getting error message:cannot locate vvm31w.dll
Old 12-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #42
headhawg
crusty old guy

Phil,

I just downloaded the zip file from post #1 and extracted it. The file is definitely in there as Handifast MT-8 worked for me just now. Try to download it again, extract it to one folder with an unzip program (I use 7-zip), and double-click the Handifast MT-8.exe file to run.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #43
hitbids

Handifast Files

What files does Handifast use in the handicapping process?
hitbids is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #44
headhawg
crusty old guy

Bris drf and mcp. It could possibly work with the JCapper jcp files, but I don't know that it will for sure. I am not exactly sure of the jcp field format.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #45
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
Bris drf and mcp. It could possibly work with the JCapper jcp files, but I don't know that it will for sure. I am not exactly sure of the jcp field format.
I you change the jcp to drf it will work.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: