Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-03-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
John

Kerry gave congratulations to President Bush on victory

Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:31:40 -0500

Dear John,

Earlier today I spoke to President Bush, and offered him and Laura our congratulations on their victory. We had a good conversation, and we talked about the danger of division in our country and the need, the desperate need, for unity for finding the common ground, coming together. Today, I hope that we can begin the healing.

In America, it is vital that every vote counts, and that every vote be counted. But the outcome should be decided by voters, not a protracted legal process. I would not give up this fight if there was a chance that we would prevail. But it is now clear that even when all the provisional ballots are counted, which they will be, there won't be enough outstanding votes for our campaign to be able to win Ohio. And therefore, we cannot win this election.

It was a privilege and a gift to spend two years traveling this country, coming to know so many of you. I wish I could just wrap you in my arms and embrace each and every one of you individually all across this nation. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

To all of you, my volunteers and online supporters, all across this country who gave so much of themselves, thank you. Thanks to William Field, a six-year-old who collected $680, a quarter and a dollar at a time selling bracelets during the summer to help change America. Thanks to Michael Benson from Florida who I spied in a rope line holding a container of money. It turned out he raided his piggy bank and wanted to contribute. And thanks to Alana Wexler, who at 11 years old and started Kids for Kerry.

I thank all of you, who took time to travel, time off from work, and their own vacation time to work in states far and wide. You braved the hot days of summer and the cold days of the fall and the winter to knock on doors because you were determined to open the doors of opportunity to all Americans. You worked your hearts out, and I say, don't lose faith. What you did made a difference, and building on itself, we will go on to make a difference another day. I promise you, that time will come -- the election will come when your work and your ballots will change the world, and it's worth fighting for.

I'm proud of what we stood for in this campaign, and of what we accomplished. When we began, no one thought it was possible to even make this a close race, but we stood for real change, change that would make a real difference in the life of our nation, the lives of our families, and we defined that choice to America. I'll never forget the wonderful people who came to our rallies, who stood in our rope lines, who put their hopes in our hands, who invested in each and every one of us. I saw in them the truth that America is not only great, but it is good.

So here -- with a grateful heart, I leave this campaign with a prayer that has even greater meaning to me now that I've come to know our vast country so much better and that prayer is very simple: God bless America.

Thank you,

John Kerry
Old 11-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #2
Secretariat

Class in defeat.

Many Dem's wanted him to fight on, and challenge the Diebold errors in Florida, the provisional ballot mess in Ohio, and the absentees not counted in Broward, but the man stood up, made a simple and classy speech like you posted John.

Unfortunately, now we are really going to get what the people seem to want.....God forbid.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2004, 11:20 PM   #3
sq764
EIG

Quote:
Originally posted by Secretariat
Class in defeat.

Many Dem's wanted him to fight on, and challenge the Diebold errors in Florida, the provisional ballot mess in Ohio, and the absentees not counted in Broward, but the man stood up, made a simple and classy speech like you posted John.

Unfortunately, now we are really going to get what the people seem to want.....God forbid.

I really saw class last night at 2:40 am when freakshow Edwards made his 25 second speech and fist pump.. WHY??? That would have been the classy time to concede..
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2004, 11:26 PM   #4
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

......kid probably raised that cash selling E at the Bruce Springsteen concert.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2004, 11:36 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
To make that statement is Un-American. The will of the people has been recorded. You would deny it? You are not an American.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:39 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Class in defeat.

Unfortunately (for you), Bush won Florida quite convincingly this time around (close to 400,000 votes), making the petty stuff meaningless.

STRIKE THREE --- YOU'RE OUT
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2004, 12:34 AM   #7
kenwoodallpromos

it is vital that every vote counts, and that every vote be counted

Why Kerry lost:
He and Edwards are stuck in 2000. Edwards implied Repubs are racists.
Kerry lost because God made it rain in Ohio and Kerry supporters did not want to stand out in the rain hours to stop a draft that congress already voted against.
Kerry never apologized for war atrocities. He tried to get christians voting against Bush with the lesbian thing.
The young did not support Kerry. Christians including Catholics supported Bush.
30-44 yr olds went for Bush big; He helped 1st time home buyers.
We know about the Repub gains.
Demos main problenm with aids to Africa: hoime buying help; stem cell research; drugs. schools is not enough spending.
Pelosi said today Christians voting for Bush vioplated separation of church and state.
Gore and Kerry should both have beat the moron easily but the Demos are to screwed up.
There is only 1 Demo who can beat the Repubs in 2008- Zoe Miller.