Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #1141
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Sorry to hear this, hopefully there will be a way you can save it.
Thanks!
Old 03-17-2020, 08:02 AM   #1142
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Louisiana closes all restaurants and bars as of midnight tonight.
All we can do is delivery and To Go orders.
Trying to keep my staff working but the front of the house is gonna take a huge financial hit.
I'll be rotating them working the phones and doing carry out & delivery orders.
This will last until around April 13
We worked it out, my front of the house guys will be better off on unemployment. I have too many to rotate. My to-go business is a very small portion of my revenue. I’m hoping my employees will come back .......two years ago I closed for a six week remodel and farmed many of my guys out to other like franchises and only 1 didn’t come back.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/ho...9RPG4cfAZIIFqA
Old 03-17-2020, 08:45 AM   #1143
RunForTheRoses

This seems insane to me on many levels:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/corona...t-is-possible/

De Blasio also said he expects the city’s bars and restaurants to be closed “for months” except for takeout and deliveries. He put the timeline through June or “longer.”

De Blasio called on the federal government to “bail out the American people” so they have money for basics like medicine, food and housing.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #1144
bettheoverlay

I just got back from Paneras. They have a order screen outside (and online ordering) and they bring you your order to the sidewalk. The manager was there and he said they are hoping they’ll be allowed to stay open and have enough business to do so. Being 70+ I prefer to rely on food to go rather than the crowded grocery stores.

I’ve been skeptical of draconian measures but after a sleepless night looking at the data governors and the federal government are seeing, I don’t think they have any choice. I live in retirement apartments where the average age is 80 and I expect they will at some point make us get our food delivered.

I confess I would rather have any President in my lifetime (back to Truman)other than the one we’ve got but even he’s beginning to look a bit humbled. If he would just stop the babbling, the bragging, the blaming. It will be interesting to see if he is capable of trying to be the President of the whole country, I won’t be expecting FDR like inspiration and reassurance though.

My parents generation got through two world wars, the flu pandemic, the stock market collapse, the great depression all within 30 years. We’ve been lucky. For the next few months we need to put partison bickering aside and stick together.

Last edited by bettheoverlay; 03-17-2020 at 09:10 AM.
bettheoverlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 AM   #1145
davew

maybe you should start? (with stopping the partisan bickering)

I confess I would rather have any President in my lifetime (back to Truman)other than the one we’ve got but even he’s beginning to look a bit humbled. If he would just stop the babbling, the bragging, the blaming. It will be interesting to see if he is capable of trying to be the President of the whole country, I won’t be expecting FDR like inspiration and reassurance though.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #1146
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Life is tough.....

Old 03-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #1147
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
maybe you should start? (with stopping the partisan bickering)
Exactly, Trump was sober and realistic yesterday. Let's all hope he, the House and the Senate can all come together to cushion this economic blow. I think they will.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 11:57 AM   #1148
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettheoverlay View Post
I just got back from Paneras. They have a order screen outside (and online ordering) and they bring you your order to the sidewalk. The manager was there and he said they are hoping they’ll be allowed to stay open and have enough business to do so. Being 70+ I prefer to rely on food to go rather than the crowded grocery stores.

I’ve been skeptical of draconian measures but after a sleepless night looking at the data governors and the federal government are seeing, I don’t think they have any choice. I live in retirement apartments where the average age is 80 and I expect they will at some point make us get our food delivered.

My parents generation got through two world wars, the flu pandemic, the stock market collapse, the great depression all within 30 years. We’ve been lucky. For the next few months we need to put partison bickering aside and stick together.
So, why didn't you? Typical Lib preaching...do as I say, not as I do.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #1149
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Angry Workers to Pay for Colleagues' Sick Leave During Coronavirus Pandemic

Jeff Bezos is one of the world’s richest people. But employees at Whole Foods – which Bezos owns – got some grim news late last week. The Whole Foods CEO suggested employees could donate their paid time off (PTO) to their sick coworkers. In other words, the company refuses to cover paid medical leave for employees who catch the coronavirus.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-wants-workers
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #1150
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Jeff Bezos is one of the world’s richest people. But employees at Whole Foods – which Bezos owns – got some grim news late last week. The Whole Foods CEO suggested employees could donate their paid time off (PTO) to their sick coworkers. In other words, the company refuses to cover paid medical leave for employees who catch the coronavirus.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...-wants-workers
Disgraceful.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:43 PM   #1151
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Saw a guy in NY last night who owns a bar&grill.
He said all his waitstaff who were not working would be welcome to meals from the place every day as long as they were out of work.

Nice gesture. Wish I had caught the name of the place.

A lot of people are rising to the occasion.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #1152
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettheoverlay View Post
For the next few months we need to put partison bickering aside ....
...Ain't never gonna happen !

Last edited by jk3521; 03-17-2020 at 12:50 PM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 12:59 PM   #1153
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I wish I had a drive thru. Noon today laying off about 40-45 people.

I have an option to opt out of my franchise over the next ten days (just happen to be renewal time) so I am going to be looking at things hard.

I think my wife is going to want to stick it out though. I don’t think I’ll go bankrupt (depends how long this lasts) but I’ll be clawing my way through......business wise.
I think your story is one that is going to resonate for a lot of small business owners without a very large credit line to float a bunch of salary for a few months.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2020, 01:21 PM   #1154
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
ONE health care worker infected, time to shut down all hospitals and send everyone home, there could be lawsuits.
No one of any importance (Dem or Rep) has proposed closing hospitals. If a hospital became widely infected, like the nursing home in Washington state, I suppose it could happen.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:51 PM   #1155
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Louisiana closes all restaurants and bars as of midnight tonight.
All we can do is delivery and To Go orders.
Trying to keep my staff working but the front of the house is gonna take a huge financial hit.
I'll be rotating them working the phones and doing carry out & delivery orders.
This will last until around April 13
Wishing the best for you, POT.

Mule & Ralph, same to you guys
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply