Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 03-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #31
The Hawk

I refuse to pay to bet. I'll spend the next three months trying to establish an out-of-state account, or set up an account with a friend outside of NJ. If that fails I will not be playing from home anymore, which means a big handle reduction, and I don't even think I'll miss it, with all that's going on in the game. This is the proverbial last straw.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #32
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
I refuse to pay to bet. I'll spend the next three months trying to establish an out-of-state account, or set up an account with a friend outside of NJ. If that fails I will not be playing from home anymore, which means a big handle reduction, and I don't even think I'll miss it, with all that's going on in the game. This is the proverbial last straw.
I Hear Ya
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #33
Tic-Tac

I guess you cant play .50 cents
Tic-Tac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #34
bucksboy

I can not get into my account WTF
bucksboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #35
fronti

I sent them an email yesterday about fees and they told me there will not be wagering fees. In the future there may be fees added for credit card deposits, but there still would be ways to deposit without a fee.
fronti is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #36
bucksboy

As far as fees go, according to the site it is free until june 1st. Then the
charges kick in. What a crock. I wonder why any number of ADW's did
not sue NJ. Doesn't this fall under some type of restriction of trade law?
Is it true that NJ residents can open a NYRA account?
bucksboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
lsosa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksboy
Is it true that NJ residents can open a NYRA account?
True. Opened one at Saratoga last year thanks to OTM Al. Unfortunately, you can't bet with it. I opened it to get the NYRA video feed which NJBETS did not have. Don't know if TVG has NYRA video now.

BTW, on the video, looks like TVG uses the browser's Windows Media Player plug in. NJBETS used to use this but then they switched to I think flash, which improved the reliability, very little buffering, and clearer video.

Now we're back to the same crap. The small and medium settings are too small for my eyes and the full screen setting is very blurry. In both cases, I can't make out saddle cloth numbers.

Also, I couldn't get any video for SAX's 11th race yesterday - the video feed button was un-clickable and the video menu all of a sudden showed no Santa Anita.

If I'm wrong on this or anyone has any workaround, let me know, because this sucks for me. I know there are issues with flash, although I loved it on NJBETS, but how about HTML5?
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #38
wonatthewire1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54
True. Opened one at Saratoga last year thanks to OTM Al. Unfortunately, you can't bet with it. I opened it to get the NYRA video feed which NJBETS did not have. Don't know if TVG has NYRA video now.

BTW, on the video, looks like TVG uses the browser's Windows Media Player plug in. NJBETS used to use this but then they switched to I think flash, which improved the reliability, very little buffering, and clearer video.

Now we're back to the same crap. The small and medium settings are too small for my eyes and the full screen setting is very blurry. In both cases, I can't make out saddle cloth numbers.

Also, I couldn't get any video for SAX's 11th race yesterday - the video feed button was un-clickable and the video menu all of a sudden showed no Santa Anita.

If I'm wrong on this or anyone has any workaround, let me know, because this sucks for me. I know there are issues with flash, although I loved it on NJBETS, but how about HTML5?

The video wouldn't load for Firefox, so I downloaded IE 10 and everything worked fine. There is a screen adjustment. I found the large setting to be pretty good as compared to the video feed from the old site.

If you click off of the site to a different tab, to view Equibase site for example, the video screen disappears to the task bar - that was a bit annoying. The video come back up when returning to the TVG site.

I do miss the ability to have 6 track odds open at the same time. But did find that choosing the "favorite tracks" allowed me to load them then click when I wanted to view the odds.

The June 1 deadline for free wagering sounds like it is a generic message, we'll see what happens as the time gets closer.
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #39
RunForTheRoses

For California racing you can sign up for free at calraing.com and stream video. NYRA is now available on TVG which is about the only good thing. I do agree that njbets streams were good in that they were smoother and you could make the whole screen the video.

Does anyone know how to withdraw money-is the only option a check in 3-5 business days or the betcash into checking account a little quicker? That really sucks, in the njbets system I could just go to the OTW or track and get my money ASAP.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #40
Mike_412

I can only vouch for deposits and withdrawals at the Meadowlands as I stopped in there yesterday. You have to go into the old guest services center on the 1st floor where they have the account wagering window. I was told you're able to withdraw cash up to $10,000 while cash deposits into your account are obviously instant. They have limited hours though. The piece of paper taped to the window stated they were closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Avalable hours are the following:

Thursday: 1:00 - 7:00

Friday and Saturday: 12:00 - 7:00

Sunday: 12:00 - 6:00

I asked the kid working there about wagering fees and he didn't know. He said he works for the Meadowlands and to contact TVG directly. TVG stated there wouldn't be any, but threw in "At this time." If there would be any fees, why put that section in our accounts that says fees waived until June 1st?

Last edited by Mike_412; 03-03-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Mike_412 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #41
bettheoverlay

Do other ADWs charge their customers for wagering and video streams?
bettheoverlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #42
otis0930

I see no where that you can partake in any TVG promotions like yesterday's Double Odds bet on the Big Cap, or any upcoming Derby promotions.

Does this mean we will also be shut out in Jersey when TVG holds their NHC contests?

My guess is they might be holding these off until they start charging us.
otis0930 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #43
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis0930
I see no where that you can partake in any TVG promotions like yesterday's Double Odds bet on the Big Cap, or any upcoming Derby promotions.

Try to register at this link. I think NJ residents can do this.

https://www.tvg.com/page/betthepreps

I don't see any of their promotions when I sign in, but I still think we can play them. Let's keep sharing the info here, if we find something.
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #44
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveouttasix
.TVG does not answer E-mails or answer the phone!
I find it hit or miss with emails and been on hold for 5 minutes at a time when trying to call.

best part of calling was when I tried a 4th time and after being on hold, the message said the office was closed.

Another funny email was when I told them you cannot update your phone number on-line, they emailed back and said to give them a number to call and then I could update it.

I have to say that their website is slick and the wager rewards will be small, but better then nothing. But as for customer service, they are lagging way behind 4njbets!
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #45
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettheoverlay
Do other ADWs charge their customers for wagering and video streams?

TVG is the only one that charges .25 per bet