Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #25276
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
So demons are saved too?
I don't believe Paul mentioned anything about demons to the jailer. You do know where to go to find the passage, right?
Old 07-22-2016, 06:16 PM   #25277
boxcar

Quote:
You keep saying that. I told you I am not going to create the wheel. The Scriptural references are contained in the sources I gave you.
Your sources have as much credibility as Hillary Clinton. I don't want to read third party interpretations. I want to know from you where in scripture is a third level of priesthood sanctioned. Chapter and verse. That's all you have to give. Then I'll read and interpret your "proof text(s)".
Old 07-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #25278
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
All I said is repent and believe the gospel You're the one the one, you deceiver, who added the "prosperity" component.
I referenced Joel O. That is what he told me. Or how about the reformed preacher I quoted you about once saved always saved and his lifestyle didn't matter.

What makes your version of the Gospel truer than theirs? That is why I doubt you tell people to repent and believe the Gospel and I highly doubt you just tell people to believe on Jesus.

I don't understand why you are afraid to tell me what you tell people to do to be saved.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 06:19 PM   #25279
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I don't believe Paul mentioned anything about demons to the jailer. You do know where to go to find the passage, right?
Acts 16:30.

I have to leave.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 06:28 PM   #25280
boxcar

Quote:
I referenced Joel O. That is what he told me.
So, did you believe him?

Quote:
Or how about the reformed preacher I quoted you about once saved always saved and his lifestyle didn't matter.
Did you believe him, too?

Quote:
What makes your version of the Gospel truer than theirs? That is why I doubt you tell people to repent and believe the Gospel and I highly doubt you just tell people to believe on Jesus.
Why do you doubt me? Isn't this what scripture teaches?

I don't understand why you are afraid to tell me what you tell people to do to be saved.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-22-2016, 06:32 PM   #25281
boxcar

Quote:
Acts 16:30.
Bravo! Very good. I'm so proud of you. Now...do you believe what Paul and Silas told the jailer in the very next verse?

Quote:
I have to leave.
Actually, I think you have taken leave of your senses a long time ago.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #25282
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Why do you doubt me? Isn't this what scripture teaches?
Because boxcar the people I referenced say to repent and believe the Gospel too. Did you miss the whole point I made? Apparently you did.
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 07:18 PM   #25283
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Bravo! Very good. I'm so proud of you. Now...do you believe what Paul and Silas told the jailer in the very next verse?

Actually, I think you have taken leave of your senses a long time ago.
Yes, I believe and they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

So what does that have to do with you. You are not Apostle Paul are you? If you are not Apostle Paul how do I know you speak the word of the Lord?

So apparently there is more to being saved than just believing on Lord Jesus.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
James 2:19
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 08:01 PM   #25284
boxcar

Quote:
Because boxcar the people I referenced say to repent and believe the Gospel too. Did you miss the whole point I made? Apparently you did.
No that is not what you said. You praised Joel because he preached you the prosperity gospel. Then you referenced another guy who said, "once saved, always saved".
Old 07-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #25285
boxcar

Quote:
Yes, I believe and they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

So what does that have to do with you. You are not Apostle Paul are you? If you are not Apostle Paul how do I know you speak the word of the Lord?

So apparently there is more to being saved than just believing on Lord Jesus.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
James 2:19
Oh there is. I've stated what real biblical faith is numerous times. Once again (and file this away where you can easily access it in the future): True faith is believing God. It's believing God's Word. It's believing what He has revealed. Adam Eve did not believe God; and therefore, they sinned. They chose instead to believe the serpent -- just as you and the pope and countless other professing Christians have believed the evil one's lie about evolution.

As it is written: "Abraham believed God and it was reckoned unto him as righteousness" (Rom 4:3; Gal 3:6; Jas 2:23).

Jesus also said, "Truly, truly I say to you, he who hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life..." (Jn 5:24).

So...many professing Christians have nothing more than the faith of demons, for many profess to "believe in Jesus" but believe virtually nothing he has said in his Word. Such faith is spurious at best.

Hope this clears up your confusion.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:43 PM   #25286
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
No that is not what you said. You praised Joel because he preached you the prosperity gospel. Then you referenced another guy who said, "once saved, always saved".
This is what I said:

Quote:
I repent and I believe in the Gospel, especially the prosperity Gospel, so then I am saved according to your stance. Praise Joel O. he saved me according to boxcar.
I used that as an example of why I don't believe that you only tell people to repent and believe in the Gospel, when you evangelize. I sarcastically said praise Joel, because according to you the way you evangelize, he saved me.

Quote:
Furthermore, In a subsequent post I said:What makes your version of the Gospel truer than theirs? That is why I doubt you tell people to repent and believe the Gospel and I highly doubt you just tell people to believe on Jesus.
Understand now?
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 PM   #25287
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Oh there is. I've stated what real biblical faith is numerous times. Once again (and file this away where you can easily access it in the future): True faith is believing God. It's believing God's Word. It's believing what He has revealed. Adam Eve did not believe God; and therefore, they sinned. They chose instead to believe the serpent -- just as you and the pope and countless other professing Christians have believed the evil one's lie about evolution.

As it is written: "Abraham believed God and it was reckoned unto him as righteousness" (Rom 4:3; Gal 3:6; Jas 2:23).

Jesus also said, "Truly, truly I say to you, he who hears my word and believes Him who sent me has eternal life..." (Jn 5:24).

So...many professing Christians have nothing more than the faith of demons, for many profess to "believe in Jesus" but believe virtually nothing he has said in his Word. Such faith is spurious at best.

Hope this clears up your confusion.
I did not ask you what true faith is or is not. I did not ask you if Adam believed or did not believe God. I did not ask you if evolution is true.

I asked a very simple straight forward question. Do I need to love God to become saved? A question you never answered. You have been talking about every thing except what I asked you.

So far you have told me repent and believe the Gospel. So do preachers like Joel O. However, you tell me they are wrong. You also told me to have Apostle Paul to speak to me, which is what he did with his jailer. You told me about justification, etc.

Why are you avoiding giving a straight forward simple answer to a simple question? Is it too difficult for you to type either "yes or "no"?
George Washington
Old 07-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #25288
boxcar

Quote:
I did not ask you what true faith is or is not. I did not ask you if Adam believed or did not believe God. I did not ask you if evolution is true.

I asked a very simple straight forward question. Do I need to love God to become saved? A question you never answered. You have been talking about every thing except what I asked you.

So far you have told me repent and believe the Gospel. So do preachers like Joel O. However, you tell me they are wrong. You also told me to have Apostle Paul to speak to me, which is what he did with his jailer. You told me about justification, etc.

Why are you avoiding giving a straight forward simple answer to a simple question? Is it too difficult for you to type either "yes or "no"?
You said you doubted that I share the real gospel with people when I tell them that they must repent of their sins and believe the gospel message. You then quoted Jas 2:19 to me betraying your confusion about the true nature of faith. After all, the demons "believe in God" and yet will be condemned for all eternity. I helped you out by citing several passages which teach that true faith embraces all God's truth. True faith believes God. Believes his revelation. So...do you think you have true, biblical faith?

And I answered your dumb question about love and faith. Genuine faith always works through love. Since regeneration precedes faith and repentance and the Holy Spirit is love, then all regenerated saints have the the love of God within them which enables them, in turn, to love God and exercise saving faith. I bet you don't know that the Pharisees didn't believe in Jesus because they didn't have the love of God in them, do you?

Anything else you're confused about?
Old 07-22-2016, 10:08 PM   #25289
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Yeah boxcar, I am confused at your reluctance to give a straight forward yes or no answer.

Quote:
You said you doubted that I share the real gospel with people when I tell them that they must repent of their sins and believe the gospel message
I did not say that. I said:
Quote:
That is why I doubt you tell people to repent and believe the Gospel and I highly doubt you just tell people to believe on Jesus.
Quote:
You then quoted Jas 2:19 to me betraying your confusion about the true nature of faith. After all, the demons "believe in God" and yet will be condemned for all eternity.
I quoted Jas 2:19 as a response to your question about what Apostle Paul said to the prison guard. The quote showed there has to be more than a belief on Jesus. Which you admitted.

Quote:
I helped you out by citing several passages which teach that true faith embraces all God's truth. True faith believes God. Believes his revelation. So...do you think you have true, biblical faith?
I did not ask you about faith, so no you did not help me or anyone else who wants to know if they have to love God in order to be saved. Stay focused on the actual question I asked.

Quote:
then all regenerated saints have the the love of God within them which enables them, in turn, to love God and exercise saving faith.
Okay lets run with this for now. When does this regeneration take place? Are these people regenerated before or after they are saved? More importantly do they have to love God before they are regenerated?
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 07-22-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #25290
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

boxcar,

Since I have not received an responsive relevant answer from you, I researched it on my own. According to Calvinism, the theology you supposedly embrace, the answer is no to my question. Now I understand why you were reluctant to answer my question.

According to Calvinism a person must be regenerated before even receiving the gift of faith.

A man is not regenerated because he has first believed in Christ, but he believes in Christ because has been regenerated (Pink, The Sovereignty of God).

Calvinists put the new birth before faith, since they believe that spiritually dead humans cannot exercise faith and, therefore, need to be born again before they can believe (Olson, Beyond Calvinism and Arminianism, 39).

Reformed theologians … place regeneration before faith, pointing out that the Holy Spirit must bring new life before the sinner can by God’s enabling exercise faith and accept Jesus Christ (Killen, “Regeneration,” 1449).

The Reformers taught not only that regeneration does precede faith but also that it must precede faith. Because of the moral bondage of the unregenerate sinner, he cannot have faith until he is changed internally by the operative, monergistic work of the Holy Spirit. Faith is regeneration’s fruit, not its cause
(Sproul, Willing to Believe, 23).

After a person is regenerated, that person cooperates by exercising faith and trust. But the first step is the work of God and of God alone.

The reason we do not cooperate with regenerating grace before it acts upon us and in us is because we can- not. We cannot because we are spiritually dead. We can no more assist the Holy Spirit in the quickening of our souls to spiritual life than Lazarus could help Jesus raise him for the dead.
(R. C. Sproul, “Regeneration Precedes Faith”).

Now my question to you are you in agreement with the above position?
George Washington
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: