Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-23-2023, 11:37 AM   #1
boxcar

Here Come the Mask Mandates...

COVID Mask Mandates Return

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_ap...m%2B%2BVJk8%3D

Another way to incite the public.
Old 08-23-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
Stevecsd2

What happened to follow the science? The science on masks & COVID prove that masks are almost worthless, unless you are wearing an N95 type mask.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 12:47 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
What happened to follow the science? The science on masks & COVID prove that masks are almost worthless, unless you are wearing an N95 type mask.
And even then...those masks must be fitted properly unto the face with great care in order to be effective.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:54 PM   #4
Al Gobbi

good luck trying to implement this broadly again when the general public already raised a fit last year, pretty much everyone has been maskless most of the time for the last 18 months, and you have a political election coming up next year with an unpopular president

also we've seen a summer increase in COVID cases every year around this time only for them to level off within a month

Last edited by Al Gobbi; 08-23-2023 at 01:56 PM.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 02:05 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Old 08-23-2023, 02:10 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And even then...those masks must be fitted properly unto the face with great care in order to be effective.

I seriously doubt you could keep one fitted properly for any length of time.
I have a bag of them somewhere, I wear them occasionally when using buffing wheels and the like, crap will get under them, better than nothing.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2023, 08:12 AM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
good luck trying to implement this broadly again when the general public already raised a fit last year, pretty much everyone has been maskless most of the time for the last 18 months, and you have a political election coming up next year with an unpopular president

also we've seen a summer increase in COVID cases every year around this time only for them to level off within a month
True enough but there's still plenty of gullibles out there. I'm already noticing more masked men out there...and women.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:13 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
True enough but there's still plenty of gullibles out there. I'm already noticing more masked men out there...and women.

Around here you can pretty much tell how an area votes by the percentage of masks. In the DC bedroom communities that are very strong left, damn near everyone had a mast on, before and after mandates. My favorite are the glove wearers. I saw a guy touch a bunch of things with gloves on in a store, including his change, then use the same gloves to each a bag of cookies.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:19 AM   #9
davew

Quote:
COME ON MAN, demon wit science is just propaganda to promote their cause. Remember how BLM riots (peaceful protests) were allowed during lockdown and yet church services were not?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2023, 12:03 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
COME ON MAN, demon wit science is just propaganda to promote their cause. Remember how BLM riots (peaceful protests) were allowed during lockdown and yet church services were not?

And not only that but many thousands of illegals were allowed to storm in without even being tested!
Old 08-24-2023, 03:15 PM   #11
ElKabong

Whatever this round of covid is, it's rough. On day 10 still non stop cough and blowing nose. Body aches. Fatigue.

Have a call into docs office, hoping for antibiotics or whatever. This isn't going away on its own
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2023, 03:35 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

That should be pretty obvious, and I definitely hate correcting people that vote like me, but if your wrong your wrong. The density of people in a church
is a lot higher than inside a business that is being looted. The average church I have been in is way too small to practice social distancing in unless you would only allow 15% capacity, and also all were welcome. How would you determine who would be allowed to attend services? In a typical store it is easy to stay 6 feet apart while looting, not so in a church.
Old 08-24-2023, 03:36 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Whatever this round of covid is, it's rough. On day 10 still non stop cough and blowing nose. Body aches. Fatigue.

Have a call into docs office, hoping for antibiotics or whatever. This isn't going away on its own

Damn, get well soon! Is this the first time you had any kind of Covid? If you had to rate your function level, what would it be? Still able to do everything but dragging ass? Working 4 hours a day instead of 8+?

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 08-24-2023 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2023, 03:40 PM   #14
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Damn, get well soon! Is this the first time you had any kind of Covid?
Had it many times, no biggie

I'm in my mid to late 60s, very good physical condition but if I had to go through this in my mid 70s it would be a big deal. Coughing non stop puts pressure on the heart and anyone in their mid 70s plus might struggle with this

Me, I'll be fine
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2023, 04:05 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

Get well soon, big guy. Will keep you in my prayer. Several people have come down with it in my church; all seemed to have recovered fairly quickly.