Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-19-2024, 12:57 PM   #16
OntheRail

Quote:
Even if this is 100% real, someone committed a crime to get that bag to the congressman. Stealing property worth over $1,000 belonging to the United States Military is frowned open and can get you 10 years in prison
Then again he could of got that bag off the US liquidation auction site and it still had the invoice in the box... then again it could of been in the scrap bin... we don't know and he did not say.

As to the final cost you are assuming it went in a straight line from maker to mechanic. When in fact it could of passed thru several "handlers" each adding to the price as it runs up the line. All we do know is we got screwed and the paper pusher did not blink an eye.
Old 04-19-2024, 01:08 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

In this day and age...if a Republican makes a very public claim and it's wrong, they get fact-checked up the ass in about 3 seconds.

The very fact that nobody has posted a link disproving his claim makes me think he's right on the money.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:02 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
In this day and age...if a Republican makes a very public claim and it's wrong, they get fact-checked up the ass in about 3 seconds.

The very fact that nobody has posted a link disproving his claim makes me think he's right on the money.

I am not used to insults from Republicans around here, thanks. Taking the congressman's word for it over mine is either a huge insult or you think I did not present a strong enough case. Maybe you should fact check my claims.
I said those parts were turned not stamped. I said most people believe titanium is a difficult metal to machine efficiently, not done by low skilled High School dropouts like Waltz implied. I said Waltz should not be in possession of those parts. He is talking out his ass constantly with the only thing I cannot disprove right now is the $90k. Why would he lie or misinform on 6 items and tell the truth on one?

I have already reached out to someone who might have some investigation tips or insider knowledge. That is if what I remember 12 years and 12 concussions ago was correct. I posted the Daily Mail link in a thread on a liberal cesspool site that this guy has been posting in asking if their is an ex Federal Procurement Officer on that website.

You are not listening to me, the cost of those parts is not like looking up a 30 ct flat of eggs at your local grocery store, you either need a good amount of information, and government clearance or government clearance and days, weeks, or months of time scanning DOD site solicitation and procurement lists, while making some lucky guesses.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2024, 02:39 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Then again he could of got that bag off the US liquidation auction site and it still had the invoice in the box... then again it could of been in the scrap bin... we don't know and he did not say.

As to the final cost you are assuming it went in a straight line from maker to mechanic. When in fact it could of passed thru several "handlers" each adding to the price as it runs up the line. All we do know is we got screwed and the paper pusher did not blink an eye.

Keep throwing shots as I do the Ali shuffle while creating a mirage. I pulled my old solicitations and paperwork to get you the exact terminology or to refresh my memory. I guess I might have to move it to my office desk. It is kept in an antique writing desk I moved in a closet while I seal the footings in my bedroom, it was against a wall I have opened up.

The last time the Government accepted paper invoices for small business DOD contracts was probably around the time right before Andrew Beyer sold his figures to the Racing Form.

I just looked that up missed by 4 years.

On 21 May 1997 Moving to a Paper-free Contracting Process. The Department of Defense (DoD) Wide Area Workflow (WAWF) began as a Paperless Contracting prototype application to eliminate paper from the Receipt/Acceptance and Invoice/Payment process of the DoD contracting life cycle. If there was a bill in the box those parts were over 25 years old.

The contracts Federal Supply Class 2840 parts and the like are sold under maybe be stored and moved to a handful of government facilities, but the government pays for them through direct solicitations. If someone was playing middleman and some do try they are still bidding against against manufacturers that can go direct. The middleman sold to the government because the machine shop did not want the packing and paperwork hassles.

So when I went direct I got the manufacturing costs and the indirect costs. If you involve the middle man he takes the indirect costs the shop sells to him at less than what I sell to Uncle Sam for. Uncle Sam pays $20 a part delivered no matter how many times the pie is sliced.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 04-19-2024 at 02:50 PM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2024, 02:58 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am not used to insults from Republicans around here, thanks. Taking the congressman's word for it over mine is either a huge insult or you think I did not present a strong enough case. Maybe you should fact check my claims.
I said those parts were turned not stamped. I said most people believe titanium is a difficult metal to machine efficiently, not done by low skilled High School dropouts like Waltz implied. I said Waltz should not be in possession of those parts. He is talking out his ass constantly with the only thing I cannot disprove right now is the $90k. Why would he lie or misinform on 6 items and tell the truth on one?

I have already reached out to someone who might have some investigation tips or insider knowledge. That is if what I remember 12 years and 12 concussions ago was correct. I posted the Daily Mail link in a thread on a liberal cesspool site that this guy has been posting in asking if their is an ex Federal Procurement Officer on that website.

You are not listening to me, the cost of those parts is not like looking up a 30 ct flat of eggs at your local grocery store, you either need a good amount of information, and government clearance or government clearance and days, weeks, or months of time scanning DOD site solicitation and procurement lists, while making some lucky guesses.
Insult? How is it an insult? What are you, 5?

Now THAT'S an insult...I think

All I asked was for someone to show me the claim that they paid $90,000 for that bag IS NOT TRUE.

That hasn't happened yet...to my knowledge.

And you yourself say it's nowhere near worth $90,000...that's all I wanted from you...thanks