Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-10-2024, 05:49 PM   #1
PalaceOfFortLarned

The Masters

Masters week.

Who ya' got?

Taking some shots with Viktor Hovland, Tony Finau, Will Zalatoris, and Sahith Theegala.

Weather will be a factor the first couple of days as it will be wet and windy, so long hitters should have an advantage.

Good to see Tiger playing, but hard to see him being any kind of factor with the conditions the first couple of days. He'll have to play well just to make the cut methinks.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 07:24 AM   #2
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

My picks are pretty chalky. An exacta part wheel, with Scheffler, Rahm, and Koepka on the top line; those three with Hideki, Rory, Cantlay, and Clark in the place spot.

I was fortunate enough to see a practice round there a few years ago. It is truly hallowed ground.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0138.jpg (242.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0111.jpg (361.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by rastajenk; 04-11-2024 at 07:29 AM.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 07:27 AM   #3
1st time lasix

Odds on Scottie Sheffield were too low at sports book for the favorite. I played four players…. Cam Young, Xander Shaefflie, Corey Connors, and Victor Hovland. Although I didn’t use him… I hope Spieth is in the mix. Fun to watch him spray it around and then get the ball in the hole like a wizard. Reminds me of Seve.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 12:43 PM   #4
ElKabong

Scheffler or Rahm are who I'm pulling for. Hovland, if I had to wager
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 01:13 PM   #5
Bustin Stones

Look out for Niemann. He's a blossoming talent.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 01:58 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Are you guys actually betting golf or just making predictions? I don't follow it much any more since I can no longer play.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 08:57 PM   #7
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I'm just making picks. I don't know if you can bet exactas in golf; probably somewhere, but I'm not looking for that kind of action.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 09:07 PM   #8
1st time lasix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Are you guys actually betting golf or just making predictions? I don't follow it much any more since I can no longer play.
I always bet the four majors… sports book 📖⛳️
Old 04-11-2024, 10:36 PM   #9
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Yes, getting 35/1 to 50/1 on my 4 players.

A simple $50 per player is a very small risk for some added excitement for my 3rd favorite sporting event of every year.

I catch a winner, just means more firing power for my Kentucky Derby winner.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2024, 11:59 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Yes, getting 35/1 to 50/1 on my 4 players.

A simple $50 per player is a very small risk for some added excitement for my 3rd favorite sporting event of every year.

I catch a winner, just means more firing power for my Kentucky Derby winner.

I think I bet golf all of twice and I was on an out of control compulsive live in game betting frenzy. I was betting one of those secondary football leagues on TV games, total act of stupidity with my slow internet I do know the TV is behind real time, but Fan Duel gives you real time. My couple bets won but they were the opposite of yours. I forgot who but I bet on guys to win that started Sunday with a decent lead. Cashed a couple -250 bets.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:52 AM   #11
1st time lasix

After first round… all four of my long shots are even or better. ( That means they are inside top thirty). . Lots of golf to play ….but the odds-on chalk favorite - Scottie Sheffler is truly a “ powerful machine”. ⛳️ Playing very dominate golf.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st time lasix View Post
After first round… all four of my long shots are even or better. ( That means they are inside top thirty). . Lots of golf to play ….but the odds-on chalk favorite - Scottie Sheffler is truly a “ powerful machine”. ⛳️ Playing very dominate golf.

He was +130 on Fan Duel at the end of yesterday's round. Since I don't follow golf these days looks like all the names familiar to me are long shots.
I am aware Tiger is old and battered, he was +9000, at 6 strokes back. I don't think he will win anything of note any more. I can't believe he even plays after having his spine fused, after I had that operation, I shot an 81 at an easy course and gave my clubs to a cheap ass friend at the age of 38.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:59 AM   #13
Bustin Stones

Makes you feel good about your own game when you see Spieth take a 9.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:10 AM   #14
Bustin Stones

Scheffler might be withdrawing as he's expecting his wife to go into labor at any time.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:41 AM   #15
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
Scheffler might be withdrawing as he's expecting his wife to go into labor at any time.
He'll never admit it but he'll regret that the rest of his life down the road. I hope he stays and wins. Many yrs down the road he'll look back at this different perhaps

His life, his decision.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 04-12-2024 at 11:53 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply