Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #151
46zilzal
velocitician

Then all that was AFTER the two years of my researching a toxicological problem in the in vivo alteration of Calcium metabolism in chronic lead poisoning

It was a current pressing problem, for, at that time, tetra-ethyl LEAD was still added to gasoline which came out the exhaust pipe as inorganic lead, lead acetate (Sugar of lead) was still in most paints and children (the most vulnerable to CNS toxicity) where still teething on old cribs painted with it, and there was not the care with discarding old batteries (most were in land fills leaking their content into the ground water).

FORTUNATELY organizations like the EPA (You know the one that the repugs want to GUT) emboldened lots of laws to stop this pollution by enlightening the population to the dangers of chronic heady metal exposures.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 02-21-2020 at 01:07 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #152
davew

46zilzal, you show west coast experience in both US and Canada, Are you still practicing now? if so what country?

How does the Canadian healthcare system work? Is it a hybrid where you can pay more and get stuff done now, rather than waiting in a queue? How about doctors, do they have max payments on services/procedures if paid by government?

What are your thoughts on democrat proposed 'medicare for all', which seems to me like nationalization of medical industry. Would doctors all get paid the same and have to work for the government? or are the little details not worked out yet.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #153
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
The first few years we shared classes read the same books...
It take much more than two years of school to become an MD. There is the 3rd and 4th year of medical school, licensing and decades of practicing as a "medical doctor".

An AS in Engineering Science is virtually the same as the first 2 years of a BS in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, chemical, computer) but they are not even close to the same when completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
One is NEVER a former anything, only retired one as too much blood sweat and tears went into that degree.
Except when you are no longer licensed to practice.

I've had two bad experiences with different "podiatrists", they were completely clueless regarding the two separate issues with my feet. I'll take an orthopedic surgeon over a podiatrist any day. The actual surgeon I went to said not to have surgery and resolved my problem in a week whereas the podiatrist was itching to start cutting and had no idea that the symptom was not the source of the problem.

If I had let the other podiatrist operate on the other problem, I would have had permanent limitations with my feet because she had "no idea" (her words) that joints could be repaired that way.

There is nothing wrong with being a podiatrist and you have put more effort into your education than I have mine, but you are constantly trying to impress everyone here with your medical knowledge and strongly imply that you are in fact a medical doctor when you are not. Give it a break.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2020, 08:37 AM   #154
sammy the sage

Got a typhoid Mary...can carry without getting sick....not good...at least that means an anti-vax can be created much I would think...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-r...235800707.html
Old 02-22-2020, 01:13 PM   #155
Marshall Bennett

If this virus was indeed created in a lab like some experts suggest, which left-wing dimwits are responsible?
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2020, 03:43 PM   #156
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
If this virus was indeed created in a lab like some experts suggest, which left-wing dimwits are responsible?
the ones crying about global warming, over population and earth carrying capacity?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #157
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
We learned another tidbit today, they lied about it starting in Wuhan food market. It was introduced to the market and from there it rapidly spread. Many believe in began in a level-4 biology lab near the market. Or Trump did it.
source:Global Times
Old 02-24-2020, 07:47 AM   #158
sammy the sage

Like I stated before...rulers always/never let a good disaster from gaining more power...such as 911 to allow tremendous more spying on the average citizen....I railed about then...cRATS said they would change it when they got power...they didn't...it got worse...again as predicted....so and so and so forth...PUKS did nothing either...said they would roll it back...

Anys...to todays current media induced casastrophe....as (P.A. Mike has shown)...China being praised...crazy

this is an interesting/disgusting possibility

https://www.yahoo.com/news/japan-sho...101008312.html

Which begs the question....what will Trump do???
Old 02-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #159
RunForTheRoses

Stock market down big on virus fears.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #160
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Stock market down big on virus fears.
Buy buy buy.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #161
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
We learned another tidbit today, they lied about it starting in Wuhan food market. It was introduced to the market and from there it rapidly spread. Many believe in began in a level-4 biology lab near the market. Or Trump did it.
source:Global Times
Trump will definitely share in the blame. He has his hands in everything.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #162
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Buy buy buy.

Allan
Gold & Bitcoin.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 01:17 PM   #163
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This virus scare isn't the only thing bringing the markets down.

If it is, we're in bigger trouble then I originally thought.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #164
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Buy buy buy.

Allan
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-l...rlines/3506436
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #165
Robert Fischer
clean money

'Feels' like the markets have finally reacted, after trying to pretend/fake that we don't have a significant virus outbreak, for a couple/few weeks, or whatever.

You can only fake it so long, and then you have to admit that production is a little behind in China, where it has been most significant, and that there are likely going to eventually be some more cases (and deaths) announced in various global locations, as well as the United States.

Doesn't mean that you should hoard supplies (although that would be a good example of a type of business to capitalize on some of the emotions like 'fear').

It does look like something that is going to have (and, is currently having) some economic impact.

disclaimer: I know next to nothing about the stock market, or the virus. Only common sense from casually following along, occasional news cycles.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 02-24-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: