Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
Diagoras
Apprentice

Fire and Fury

Half way thru..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...FAk7PTfLiJOxM1
Diagoras is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
woodtoo

Any truths yet?
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Any truths yet?
Of course. Author admits that all therein is not true. What shocking news!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mits-not-all-/
Old 01-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
chadk66

will go down are the biggest flop of a hit piece in history when will these people learn
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #5
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

The book should be listed on Amazon as "political satire" .
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 10:09 AM   #6
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
will go down are the biggest flop of a hit piece in history when will these people learn
Maybe, but he probably has already made enough to retire in North Dakota.

I can wait a few months and get one for $5
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
boxcar

And just watch how this author's admission gets swept under the rug by the mainstream media. And just imagine that someone wrote a "tell-all" expose about that anointed Kenyan president we recently had (his name escapes me at the moment but I'm sure someone will remember) and the author admitted that not everything he wrote about his majesty was true. That kind of admission would be the ongoing headline in all the mainstream media for weeks. Maybe even months so that the author would be thoroughly discredited. And how the media would do this is by asking the question, "Well, since we know that some things are falsehoods, how can we believe anything? Why should anyone believe anything? How do we know the rest of it isn't pure horse manure, also?"
Old 01-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
It depends what you mean by flop. In terms of book sales, it is likely to be one of the biggest selling books of all time. It has likely already sold millions of copies worldwide. The book that the president tried to stop from being released. In terms of credibility, truth, and accurate depiction of the Trump White House, it could well be a flop. If nothing else I did get some good ideas from what I have heard so far. Example: Locking myself in my room at 6:30pm with a bag of McDonald's and television. Why is this a bad thing!?
Old 01-06-2018, 12:36 PM   #9
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And just watch how this author's admission gets swept under the rug by the mainstream media.
You mean like the women being paid off to come forward and lie about Trump? This is sorta typical of cable news like CNN & MSNBC, but I'm kind of surprised at the major networks how they've behaved. They're no better and its sickening. What's really sickening is they know they're showcasing their biased butts and don't give a f**k. ... UGH!!!!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
RunForTheRoses

It sort of reminds me of this book which didn't get as much hype because *everybody* hates Trump:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BE64MLC...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

It’s amateur hour at the White House. So says New York Times bestselling author Edward Klein in his new political exposé The Amateur. Tapping into the public’s growing sentiment that President Obama is in over his head, The Amateur argues that Obama’s toxic combination of incompetence and arrogance have run our nation and his presidency off the rails. “Obama was both completely inexperienced and ideologically far to the left of Americans when he entered the White House,” says Klein. “And he was s...
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #11
RunForTheRoses

From the Amazon link above, LOL:

Praise for The Amateur

The Amateur is the best book I’ve read on how Barack Obama is wrecking our country. I urge everyone who cares about America to read Edward Klein’s eye-opening book.”
Donald J. Trump, world-famous businessman, owner and host of the hit NBC TV shows The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice, and bestselling author of many titles, including Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #12
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Maybe, but he probably has already made enough to retire in North Dakota.

I can wait a few months and get one for $5
actually not a cheap place to retire to
Old 01-06-2018, 02:34 PM   #13
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
It depends what you mean by flop. In terms of book sales, it is likely to be one of the biggest selling books of all time. It has likely already sold millions of copies worldwide. The book that the president tried to stop from being released. In terms of credibility, truth, and accurate depiction of the Trump White House, it could well be a flop. If nothing else I did get some good ideas from what I have heard so far. Example: Locking myself in my room at 6:30pm with a bag of McDonald's and television. Why is this a bad thing!?
I'd be amazed if that is the case. There hasn't been a liberal favored book with any amount of sales sold in the past decade.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #14
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
actually not a cheap place to retire to
But those North Dakota beachfront properties are worth every penny

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #15
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Of course. Author admits that all therein is not true. What shocking news!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mits-not-all-/
That isn't what he said.

In any case the reaction by the administration, and Trump, leads me to believe that some of its pretty true. What parts I have no idea.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply