Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-15-2017, 10:03 AM   #46
Bill Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How are you going to go through 20 tracks in one day?
I only do dirt races and then there have to be enough starters in the race.

I scan the summary at the bottom of the Brisnet ultimate pp's with comments and only go up every once in a while to check just one data point on typically just one horse.

That's how I can do 20 tracks in 2.5 hours.

Remember, I said 2.5 hours is as fast as humanly possible as I can do it. A good three hours would far more be likely for me to do 20 tracks.

It's damn hard work (at least for me - I'm 64).

Best,

Bill C
Bill Cullen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 01:28 PM   #47
oughtoh

I am lucky to do 2 tracks in 3 hours. I will be your age this year. About these rebates from ADW's that everyone talks about. Who give these rebates and how much do you have to bet to get them?
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 01:33 PM   #48
Bill Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I am lucky to do 2 tracks in 3 hours. I will be your age this year. About these rebates from ADW's that everyone talks about. Who give these rebates and how much do you have to bet to get them?
Twinspires.com gives rebates but beyond that I don't know much about them
Old 06-15-2017, 01:43 PM   #49
oughtoh

I have them but haven't used them since my information got hacked from them a few years ago.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #50
betovernetcapper

I looked up the possibilities of a 30% spot play. Over the course of 1000 races you can expect to have one losing streak of 19 ( ) and one winning streak of 6

One feature of having a 30% win rate is that you have a 70% lose rate. That's a lot of horses and on the plus side a lot of data. Is there any common thread among that 70% that would allow you to cut them from your spot play & maintain the 30% (+) & $1.2 ROI? Not all spot plays or software programs preform equally well at all tracks. If your red boarding reveals that it does poorly at a particular track, drop it & your win% automatically goes up.

Currently your spot play gives you 3.5 bets a week. If you bet $200 on @, you should have a net profit of $140. The good news here is that you can automatically drop those tracks with very small handles. If the win pool is $600 & you bet $200 your 7-2 shot becomes odds on. A software program I was using was showing very good results at either Sunland or a least a track with the name Sun in it. I started to play and noticed the most I could bet was between $5 & $10 without changing the odds. At any rate if you drop the tiny tracks that can't accommodate your bets, your probably down to 10 or 12 tracks which would make life easier.

In terms of betting, there are spot plays that produce positive results in the place & show categories. Because you have a 70% loss rate, it might be helpful if you could break even with a place bet as insurance. Take a look at your last few hundred races and see what the effect would be.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #51
green80

just curious, how many race sample was that +20% roi from?
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2017, 05:52 PM   #52
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cullen View Post
... I might be wrong but i think this one might well hold up.

The "XYZ" system did 2 years ago but I received a ton of criticism (mostly private) because I specifically hadn't declared an odds filter up front.

Two 100-race samples with ROI's of 33% and -3% and people called the system a failure.

I didn't make any claims for that system at all but folks called it a failure.

I'd like those people to declare their criteria of successes or failure upfront like I did with the system's predictions.

There. I said it.

OK, kid, you're just human.

Be well everyone.

Bill C
I know it's difficult to ignore some people because I know some have really pissed me off.

Sounds like you were satisfied with the results of your samples. So, if their criticism isn't constructive criticism then as someone previously and eloquently stated just f' em.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2017, 03:34 PM   #53
Bill Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper View Post
Currently your spot play gives you 3.5 bets a week.
It's way more than 3.5 plays a week. There were five plays yesterday and maybe as many as 10 today .
Old 06-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #54
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cullen View Post
It's way more than 3.5 plays a week. There were five plays yesterday and maybe as many as 10 today .
Wow that's quite a lot. Were it me & I was sure this would continue to work, I'd start out with flat bets and bankroll that would cover 19 consecutive losses.
When the bankroll increased enough to cover 19 consecutive loses at a larger bet size, I'd increase the bet.

Example bankroll $475 bet $25, when the bankroll reaches $950, make the bet $50 then when it reaches $1475 increase the bet to $75 and at $1900, the bet would be $100 and so on.

This is not an exciting betting method but if your data is correct it should work. One nice feature is that your increasing the bet size in proportion to your bankroll at a pace that should be comfortable enough to avoid chocking.

Will be interested in hearing how your plays produce. Good Luck.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 06-16-2017, 10:27 PM   #55
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

"One nice feature is that you're increasing the bet size in proportion to your bankroll at a pace that should be comfortable enough to avoid "chocking".

Is that an actual word----or a typo? If it's not it could be....such as "You bet so much you're chalking"

A verb meaning to turn your 4-1 shot to chalk, by over-betting = "chalking"

Think I'll go down to the courthouse and register that term--you'll have to pay me to use it again.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 06-16-2017 at 10:30 PM.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #56
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
"One nice feature is that you're increasing the bet size in proportion to your bankroll at a pace that should be comfortable enough to avoid "chocking".

Is that an actual word----or a typo? If it's not it could be....such as "You bet so much you're chalking"

A verb meaning to turn your 4-1 shot to chalk, by over-betting = "chalking"

Think I'll go down to the courthouse and register that term--you'll have to pay me to use it again.
My bad. Meant to say choking. Surprisingly there is such a word and it has something to do with preventing the forward motion of a vehicle using a ( you guessed it ) chock.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:04 PM   #57
betovernetcapper

Not to go off topic, but I just checked eBAY & there are 4821 chocks on auction. Who knew?

Old 06-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #58
Bill Cullen

Quote:
Wow that's quite a lot. Were it me & I was sure this would continue to work, I'd start out with flat bets and bankroll that would cover 19 consecutive losses.
When the bankroll increased enough to cover 19 consecutive loses at a larger bet size, I'd increase the bet.

Example bankroll $475 bet $25, when the bankroll reaches $950, make the bet $50 then when it reaches $1475 increase the bet to $75 and at $1900, the bet would be $100 and so on.

This is not an exciting betting method but if your data is correct it should work. One nice feature is that your increasing the bet size in proportion to your bankroll at a pace that should be comfortable enough to avoid chocking.

Will be interested in hearing how your plays produce. Good Luck.
I'll have to give your betting strategy some serious thought.

Many thanks for sharing.

Bill C
Old 06-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #59
traynor

Quote:
My bad. Meant to say choking. Surprisingly there is such a word and it has something to do with preventing the forward motion of a vehicle using a ( you guessed it ) chock.
It also has a meaning similar to "choking"--as in two blocks jammed against one another to the point that no further movement is possible (alternately called "chockablock" or "chocked tight"). Common rigging and boating term, with a lot of variations.
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply