Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 05:27 PM   #2806
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
If God is infinite and the universe does not require an infinite, where where is all that unused power going to? Perhaps into an infinite number of parallel universes, as string theory suggests.
Quote:
Have you ever heard of “string theory”?

Vibration, such as what happens in vibrating strings, may be at the heart of all matter and energy. Many physicists see the theory as the perfect solution for unifying the gravitational mechanics of astronomy with the quantum mechanics of electrons and other subatomic particles – one of the great unsolved problems in physics – because their different mathematics resolve into one.

The implication from string theory is that the underlying unity of matter is energetic “vibration”. At the root of all things is “oscillation”. The difference between the subatomic particles – between quarks, electrons, neutrinos, muons, bosons and gluons, for example – is simply the frequency at which they vibrate, as little loops of string would vibrate. Protons and neutrons in an atomic nucleus are simply composites of those subatomic particles......................................... .................................................. ......

Since the Bible says that “…the worlds were prepared by the word of God” (Hebrews 11:3), we see emerging an amazing truth as we allow Scripture to illuminate science. God’s spoken thought waves have transmitted and established a physical Universe which at its most fundamental level may be governed by vibratory waves as if coming from little loops of string. If vibrations are the foundation of physical reality, then no wonder that spiritual truth transcends physical truth! No wonder the preached word of God is the vehicle which connects us to a transforming “new birth” in Christ (Romans 10:13-17). And no wonder music resonates so much with the hearts of mankind and why corporate worship can be such a blessing.

string theory2Why all the energy bound up in atomic building blocks of matter is stable and doesn’t blow apart is itself a continuing puzzle to physicists – and begs an immaterial, even spiritual explanation. “When you consider all of the physical forces at work in matter, even in something as simple as a glass of water, it’s sort of miraculous that everything doesn’t just collapse and then, releasing huge amounts of energy, blow up,” says Elliott H. Lieb, mathematical physicist at Princeton University.
FIND OUT HOW 'STRING THEORY' POINTS TO OUR CREATOR!

http://www.creationmoments.com/conte...ts-our-creator
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 06-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #2807
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Quote me chapter and verse in scripture that teaches this!
John 3:16
Old 06-28-2017, 10:36 PM   #2808
thaskalos

Quote:
Quote me chapter and verse in scripture that teaches this!
The gospel tale about the "repentant thief". And he didn't even "repent"...or ask for "forgiveness". Merely acknowledging that Jesus was wrongfully assassinated got a lifelong criminal into HEAVEN. How can you beat a sweet deal like that?

Encouraged by this particular Christian tale...the murderous Roman Emperor Constantine gave confession and received communion on his deathbed...so he could similarly benefit from Christianity's lax rules pertaining to gaining admittance into the "heavenly Kingdom".

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-28-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:49 AM   #2809
Actor
Librocubicularist

Medicine Show

Remember Carter's Little Liver Pills?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter...le_Liver_Pills

Carter's Little Liver Pills were supposed to cure several things, mainly biliousness (thus the word Liver in the name, which the government forced them to remove). They were also supposed to cure headaches but in reality they were just a laxative. Today the active ingredient is found in Fleet's Enemas.

Christianity is like a pharmaceutical company that has a drug that doesn't cure anything, so they invent a disease to fit. They sell you their pill by convincing you that you have this fictitious disease (original sin) but in reality their pill (substitutionary punishment) is a placebo. Religion makes some people (boxcar) feel good but it's a placebo effect. They refuse to critically examine the claims because they are hooked on the placebo effect.

Back in the fifties there was a running gag in all the media. A vacuum cleaner salesman (played by Daffy Duck or Groucho Marx) come to the door and demonstrates how well his vacuum cleans your carpet. He brings along his own little bag of dirt for the purpose, usually ruining the carpet.

Christianity is like the salesman. They have nothing to offer so they bring their own dirt.

Quote:
Which other religion offers salvation by grace through faith alone?
Translation: "Let me sell you some Carter's Little Liver Pills, spiritual variety."
Old 06-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #2810
hcap

Quote:
Actually, God is NEEDED because he sustains this universe as we speak. What you really meant to say is that no deity is wanted. At least there are atheists out there who are honest enough to admit this... but you're not one of them.
i SAID EXACTLY WHAT i MEANT. You are woefully ignorant of non-literal non-biblical religions which do not require a deity. Read the page I linked.

And while your at it enroll in a community college and take remedial science and math courses. History is something else to consider.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #2811
HalvOnHorseracing

One test of whether or not there is a God should be, if you were a superstitious, ignorant (relative to current man) ancient man living in a simple agrarian society with rulers who were absolute monarchs, and you were going to "make up" a god, would he look like the god of the Christian bible?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:47 AM   #2812
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The gospel tale about the "repentant thief". And he didn't even "repent"...or ask for "forgiveness". Merely acknowledging that Jesus was wrongfully assassinated got a lifelong criminal into HEAVEN. How can you beat a sweet deal like that?

Encouraged by this particular Christian tale...
Quote:
the murderous Roman Emperor Constantine
gave confession and received communion on his deathbed...so he could similarly benefit from Christianity's lax rules pertaining to gaining admittance into the "heavenly Kingdom".
Wait a minute, they told me this guy was a Saint.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg constantine_4x6.jpg (58.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Hank; 06-29-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:19 AM   #2813
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
John 3:16
What does God's love for his elect among Jews and Gentiles have to do with the topic?
Old 06-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #2814
boxcar

Quote:

Encouraged by this particular Christian tale...the murderous Roman Emperor Constantine gave confession and received communion on his deathbed...so he could similarly benefit from Christianity's lax rules pertaining to gaining admittance into the "heavenly Kingdom".
The repentant thief did repent because he acknowledged his own sinfulness, had saving knowledge of who the sinless Christ was and recognized Christ's authority by asking him to remember him when Christ entered paradise. In short, that thief did everything you refuse to do!
Old 06-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #2815
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
i SAID EXACTLY WHAT i MEANT. You are woefully ignorant of non-literal non-biblical religions which do not require a deity. Read the page I linked.

And while your at it enroll in a community college and take remedial science and math courses. History is something else to consider.
Yes...and implicit in all those non-deity religions is the exaltation of man to the level of a god. And this is precisely why you love the eastern, self-help, do-it-yourself religions. People like yourself never need God; for you are your own god, answering only to yourself.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #2816
hcap

Quote:
Yes...and implicit in all those non-deity religions is the exaltation of man to the level of a god. And this is precisely why you love the eastern, self-help, do-it-yourself religions. People like yourself never need God; for you are your own god, answering only to yourself.
Beats answering to a self righteous hypocrite who knows NOTHING of anything while claiming to know more than anyone else. You are imcapable of having a rational honest conversation.

Of course you cannot understand why others do not believe your crap. You bury your mind in it totally.

Bye by.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:49 PM   #2817
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Wait a minute, they told me this guy was a Saint.
Not only a saint...but an "isapostolos"...which means, "equal to the apostles". As I said...Christianity's rules are pretty lax about such things.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #2818
thaskalos

Quote:
I agree again. It's much more convenient to choose a do-nothing religion like Christianity. Just believe...and you are in.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #2819
Light
Veteran

What our simple minded friend never understands is that even though an external God or Christ may forgive you for your sins, there is also a God within you in the form of your own consciousness that wants to take responsibility for actions that hurt others. Christ may forgive you but can you forgive yourself? The two Gods (internal and external are one) and unless they BOTH concur, then that individual has work to do.

Some NDE's say they realized they chose this life to make up for something that never sat well with their own consciousness even though Christ forgave them. That ultimately it is us who decides our own type of punishment.

As an example, in the movie Gandhi:

Nahari: I'm going to Hell! I killed a child! I smashed his head against a wall.
Gandhi: Why?
Nahari: Because they killed my son! The Muslims killed my son!
Gandhi: I know a way out of Hell. Find a child, a child whose mother and father were killed and raise him as your own. Only be sure that he is a Muslim and that you raise him as one.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #2820
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
I agree again. It's much more convenient to choose a do-nothing religion like Christianity. Just believe...and you are in.
And you can be a combination Adolf Hitler-Bernie Madoff and repent on your death bed and you are in. Lot of latitude there.
Closed Thread