Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #31
cbp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
People don't understand this aspect of handicapping and betting horses or gambling in general.

I'm wondering what cbp's problem really is?
Why would I have a problem? I encounter philanthropic non-winners daily. All the pro's are on this site selling good stuff. It's not enough that they win, they want their competitors to also win. Makes my heart feel good.
cbp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 PM   #32
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
Why would I have a problem? I encounter philanthropic non-winners daily. All the pro's are on this site selling good stuff. It's not enough that they win, they want their competitors to also win. Makes my heart feel good.
I'm just noticing your recent posts and I'm concluding you do have a problem which is coming out in them. You should get out more. Attend seminars, talk to other handicappers etc. and absorb what info these "pros" are trying to help others understand, things which aren't readily apparent to most. You don't have to buy into their stuff 100%. Form your own opinion and make your own evaluations. You're an adult (I think and hope?).

I look at it this way .... this is a difficult game and people are easily discouraged. They help others in order to keep them in the game by improving their knowledge base whether it's possible is up to the intelligence of the recipient not the intelligence of the "pros". I do have a problem with individuals who provide b.s. because they're intentionally trying to mislead for their own agenda.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #33
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
The reason I asked if you were still promoting your wares, Pandy....I've mentioned a few times I use the Bris Summary as a major part of my handicapping. As you know I've purchased your software (bleh) and your Pace Spot Play Paper&Pencil method (love it). I didn't even know you had a Bris Summary Method----Why? Because ya don't advertise the dang thing! I had to stumble upon it 6-7 weeks ago to purchase it.
Enough out of me LOL. Do your job, Pandy. Hire CBP to beat up dead-beats that don't wanna pay up. I'll be your Marketing Dir. Give the nice P.A. man his remittance for advertising, for the love of God have that Al Gore website updated, and I will be glad to mention how I'm NOT using the Bris Summary, and Not using your Consistent Number Method, to Not hit winners.
Good day sir!
-NCG
Thanks. Glad you don't like my stuff. LOL
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2015, 01:26 AM   #34
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
What ever happened to Mike Warren?

Mike Lasky, a.k.a. Warren found out that there was a bigger market in sports betting.

RPM seems to have 50 methods that hit a positive ROI of 40%+, while everybody else is struggling to break even. Enough said on them.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #35
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete
Mike Lasky, a.k.a. Warren found out that there was a bigger market in sports betting.

RPM seems to have 50 methods that hit a positive ROI of 40%+, while everybody else is struggling to break even. Enough said on them.
Warren is a phony, but probably made a lot of money. The scam some of these sports handicapping services use is they give out both sides of a game to say 100 suckers. Half of the people win, they call the winners and tell them that they have a lock coming up....but because it's a lock the price to get the pick is much higher.

I'm probably the only handicapping author who uses real stats and runs real time testing of my methods on my website.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #36
cardinalsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Warren is a phony, but probably made a lot of money. The scam some of these sports handicapping services use is they give out both sides of a game to say 100 suckers. Half of the people win, they call the winners and tell them that they have a lock coming up....but because it's a lock the price to get the pick is much higher.

I'm probably the only handicapping author who uses real stats and runs real time testing of my methods on my website.

You do have some legit items unlike the software mills like RPM.
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #37
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsfan
You do have some legit items unlike the software mills like RPM.

Thank you. There's a severe lack of integrity in so many businesses, and politics, it's unfortunate. My dad was a stockbroker and I remember when he was pressured at work because he refused to sell new bonds that were issued on Rockefeller Center to his customers. The bonds eventually went bust and everyone who purchased them lost their money. When his manager tried to pressure him to sell the bonds, my dad told him, "I sleep well at night. Do you?"
Old 10-15-2015, 10:57 AM   #38
dartman51

MIKE WARREN, wow!! There's a name I haven't heard in a while. I still have the first handicapping book I ever purchased, way back in 1980. Mike Warren's 'How To Rob Racetracks Legally....THE METHOD'.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #39
JimG

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
Mike Warren's 'How To Rob Racetracks Legally....THE METHOD'.
It should have been called How to Rob Horseplayers Legally. Then you open it up, it was one sentence long and says:

You bought this didn't you?
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #40
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
There's a severe lack of integrity in so many businesses, and politics, it's unfortunate. My dad was a stockbroker and I remember when he was pressured at work because he refused to sell new bonds that were issued on Rockefeller Center to his customers. The bonds eventually went bust and everyone who purchased them lost their money. When his manager tried to pressure him to sell the bonds, my dad told him, "I sleep well at night. Do you?"
I had an old friend who worked for Merrill Lynch when they had those commercials that said, "We make money the old fashion way... we earn it"

His finish for that sentence was: "... We steal it."
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #41
cardinalsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Thank you. There's a severe lack of integrity in so many businesses, and politics, it's unfortunate. My dad was a stockbroker and I remember when he was pressured at work because he refused to sell new bonds that were issued on Rockefeller Center to his customers. The bonds eventually went bust and everyone who purchased them lost their money. When his manager tried to pressure him to sell the bonds, my dad told him, "I sleep well at night. Do you?"

When a person puts out a handicapping product and advertises it honestly, that's all we can ask for. Then we can have more discussions about how the product works, different ways people use the product, etc.. When they produce products without integrity, we have discussions such as this one. You are right, integrity is key.
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2015, 09:46 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
You've witnessed quite a few of them. And, I didn't need CJ to get an opinion.
Jealous much?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #43
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsfan
When a person puts out a handicapping product and advertises it honestly, that's all we can ask for. Then we can have more discussions about how the product works, different ways people use the product, etc.. When they produce products without integrity, we have discussions such as this one. You are right, integrity is key.
The problem with advertisements, regarding the potential user/client, is that it's tough to determine the goal, or priority, of the creator (to help the user be more successful, or to simply make profit). And likewise, it's tough for the creator, in that he/she must somehow "prove" that the product has real value for the user/client. In other words --- words are just words, and mean little without substantiation. Another tough thing, for both, is the learning curve involved. The creator, naturally, knows all there is to know about the proper operation and usage of the product, while the user may not give the product a viable test or be unable to understand and grasp the operation and usage of the product, as it was intended by the creator. Almost invariably, the creator will be able to use the product more successfully than the average user. Does that mean the product is not viable, or does it mean that the user does not, or cannot, use the product as it was intended?

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #44
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
The "pros" you speak of here know that the only way to continue being successful is for the game to continue and thrive, meaning horse racing must be here in the future. Personally, the one thing I can do to help the game continue is to help those players who have not been particularly successful and may soon quit the game, become more successful players. By doing that, one does not diminish one's own success by sharing their methods/tools, one enhances the probability that the game will still be here in the future. Without the game, there can be no "pros".

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
If you're winning, then why are you hawking? One would think after 40 years winning would be enough and you wouldn't have to prove yourself to anyone.

I've posted a ton of bombs. I don't need to prove anything to anyone.
Believe me when I tell you, no one cares.