Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #16
cardinalsfan

I believe RPM started out with best intentions but then found out it is easier and faster to quickly produce shoddy software and then promote it well. Kind of like Norris Strauss (Gemini Press, and a dozen other companies who's names I can't remember). Funny thing, Strauss also sold a few legit methods among the garbage he produced.
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #17
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsfan
I believe RPM started out with best intentions but then found out it is easier and faster to quickly produce shoddy software and then promote it well. Kind of like Norris Strauss (Gemini Press, and a dozen other companies who's names I can't remember). Funny thing, Strauss also sold a few legit methods among the garbage he produced.
They say that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". The tip-off for me is how many different "winning systems" the system mill is shelling out. If I see a catalog filled with "winning systems"...then I quickly put it in the circular file, where it belongs.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:45 PM   #18
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I was a good customer of RPM many years ago...and I even talked to Dave Powers once on the phone. I recall him telling me that Clint Tracy was the finest horseplayer he had ever seen. They spent a lot of time together...he told me.
Ol' Dave spent a lot of time with Clint, did he?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 07:37 AM   #19
cardinalsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
They say that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". The tip-off for me is how many different "winning systems" the system mill is shelling out. If I see a catalog filled with "winning systems"...then I quickly put it in the circular file, where it belongs.

Good point!
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #20
upthecreek

RPM Flyer

Got this one in the mail yesterday
http://rpmhandicappinggiant.com/jon-...bankroll-plan/

Only going to sell 250 copies of the book and 150 software program's-yea right Theyll sell 1000 if they can
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 11:01 AM   #21
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Have you stopped promoting your wares (other than on the website) Pandy?

I haven't advertised since a post card mailing I did three years ago. I may do another mailing, though, not sure. It can be cost prohibitive. My mailing list is only 2,000, which isn't bad.

Since I post free picks and live tests of my new methods on my website, it's effective and inexpensive marketing...The power of the internet.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #22
cbp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I haven't advertised since a post card mailing I did three years ago. I may do another mailing, though, not sure. It can be cost prohibitive. My mailing list is only 2,000, which isn't bad.

Since I post free picks and live tests of my new methods on my website, it's effective and inexpensive marketing...The power of the internet.
So, you're not a winning player, yet others (at least 2000) are willing to pay you to teach them how to win?
cbp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #23
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
So, you're not a winning player, yet others (at least 2000) are willing to pay you to teach them how to win?

I've been betting horses for over 40 years and I've shown a profit over that time, so I think that's pretty good. But the proof is always there on my website. Right now the latest method I'm LIVE testing has produced an ROI of $2.44 on $2 win bets with 24% winners. And as I tweak it the results have actually improved, 7 wins in last 24 picks with these prices $44.10, $25.20, $24.80, $14.60, $10.00, $3.40, $3.20. I bet all of them and I also had the $255 exacta that was also given out for free on the website. Let's see your live picks. I'd like to see if you can show a 44% profit.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #24
cbp
Veteran

If you're winning, then why are you hawking? One would think after 40 years winning would be enough and you wouldn't have to prove yourself to anyone.

I've posted a ton of bombs. I don't need to prove anything to anyone.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #25
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
If you're winning, then why are you hawking? One would think after 40 years winning would be enough and you wouldn't have to prove yourself to anyone.

I've posted a ton of bombs. I don't need to prove anything to anyone.

I'm a racing journalist, have been since my early twenties. I've done radio, television, seminars, and, of course, writing, reporting, editing, and publishing. It's fun, I like it, I think I'm pretty good at it. I'm not a professional gambler, never intended to be. I bet everyday and I like helping others get more enjoyment out of handicapping and betting horses. Handicapping is an evolving art, as you may know. You always have to prove yourself.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

He's posted plenty of bombs...didn't you hear him?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #27
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:

The reason I asked if you were still promoting your wares, Pandy....I've mentioned a few times I use the Bris Summary as a major part of my handicapping. As you know I've purchased your software (bleh) and your Pace Spot Play Paper&Pencil method (love it). I didn't even know you had a Bris Summary Method----Why? Because ya don't advertise the dang thing! I had to stumble upon it 6-7 weeks ago to purchase it.
Enough out of me LOL. Do your job, Pandy. Hire CBP to beat up dead-beats that don't wanna pay up. I'll be your Marketing Dir. Give the nice P.A. man his remittance for advertising, for the love of God have that Al Gore website updated, and I will be glad to mention how I'm NOT using the Bris Summary, and Not using your Consistent Number Method, to Not hit winners.
Good day sir!
-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #28
cbp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
He's posted plenty of bombs...didn't you hear him?
You've witnessed quite a few of them. And, I didn't need CJ to get an opinion.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:06 PM   #29
cbp
Veteran

Quote:
I'm a racing journalist, have been since my early twenties. I've done radio, television, seminars, and, of course, writing, reporting, editing, and publishing. It's fun, I like it, I think I'm pretty good at it. I'm not a professional gambler, never intended to be. I bet everyday and I like helping others get more enjoyment out of handicapping and betting horses. Handicapping is an evolving art, as you may know. You always have to prove yourself.
I don't know, with the exceptions of AWS, smaller fields and a lot more exotics, the game plays pretty much the same for me as it did in the 80's.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #30
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
... It's fun, I like it, I think I'm pretty good at it. I'm not a professional gambler, never intended to be. I bet everyday and I like helping others get more enjoyment out of handicapping and betting horses. Handicapping is an evolving art, as you may know. You always have to prove yourself.

People don't understand this aspect of handicapping and betting horses or gambling in general.

I'm wondering what cbp's problem really is?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: