Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-28-2017, 09:59 PM   #31
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I have to point out that you added the word hoax above.
This story actually proves CNN's integrity. They even said that there is no proof the story is untrue. They retracted it because those in charge of it did not follow established procedures such as having more than one source, using fact checkers and other normal editorial procedures.

Not following established journalistic procedures -- -- was not the reason CNN retracted the story nor why they fired the staffers responsible for it. There were two reasons, actually. (1) Anthony Scaramucci threatened to sue for $100 million; (2) there's a mega merger deal in the offing, CNN/Time-Warner and ATT.

CNN cannot have this bad publicity, plus have all its 'journalists' and executives dragged in front of a court in the discovery phase of the trial, at the least.

Expect Jeff Zucker to be fired before year's end if not by July 4, mark my words.

CNN and integrity: a contradiction of terms.

Definition of the word hoax, thanks to Merriman-Webster:

hoax-- transitive verb; to trick into believing or accepting as genuine something false and often preposterous.

Again, say: CNN and then say: integrity... and then:

Last edited by reckless; 06-28-2017 at 10:01 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 12:33 AM   #32
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
hahahahaha

You spent an entire day and this is your comeback? This story seems to have taken all the wind from your sails Stinks.
Sorry my response wasn't up to par, Tucker. It's just that it's so hard to find fault with Donny Boy.

Pick an icon.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:57 AM   #33
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Not following established journalistic procedures -- -- was not the reason CNN retracted the story nor why they fired the staffers responsible for it. There were two reasons, actually. (1) Anthony Scaramucci threatened to sue for $100 million; (2) there's a mega merger deal in the offing, CNN/Time-Warner and ATT. :
Yes it was. Anyone can threaten to sue. Scaramucci had as much chance to prevail in that suit as I do to win the pole vault at the next Olympics.

I hope CNN goes back, vets the story properly and publishes.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:39 AM   #34
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Yes it was. Anyone can threaten to sue. Scaramucci had as much chance to prevail in that suit as I do to win the pole vault at the next Olympics.

I hope CNN goes back, vets the story properly and publishes.
You diehards on the far left are in such denial that nothing will ever motivate change in your beliefs. Even when evidence of wrongdoing dangles in your face you disregard it and continue grasping for excuses. People like you and Rachel Marrow either just don't care or understand how foolish you've come to look. Those like Marrow at the professional level shouldn't be allowed to work serving the public. They're a definite menace to society.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 05:59 AM   #35
incoming

'When your political believes replace your religious believes you're in deep do-do. Reality becomes a little fuzzy and your moral compass goes on tilt.

Last edited by incoming; 06-29-2017 at 06:03 AM.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #36
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
'When your political believes replace your religious believes you're in deep do-do. Reality becomes a little fuzzy and your moral compass goes on tilt.
The left has no morals. I don't want to paint w a broad brush because I know there are morally sound left wingers. But they hitch their wagon to a party that is largely Godless. Most moral beliefs come from the original religious tenets etc.

I really didn't think about this much until the Dem convention where God was boo'ed. That was a pure unmasked clear view of the party without a PR rep or PC filter. I was stunned. I'm not an overly religious person but this public display shocked me. I don't get shocked often but I thought it quite revealing.

This same party is also vociferous in its defense of abortion and all that entails. This in my mind is the closest thing we have to a physical manifestation of evil in our society. Finding a moral balance in both these examples is very hard.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #37
Clocker

Getting back to relevant, honest and serious political reporting, CNN publishes an in-depth analysis of Obama's improving style choices in jeans.

I guess that's pretty much the upper limit on their range of competence.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/politics/obama-dad-jeans/index.html?sr=twpol062817obama-dad-jeans0847PMStoryLink&linkId=39211546
Old 06-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #38
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Getting back to relevant, honest and serious political reporting, CNN publishes an in-depth analysis of Obama's improving style choices in jeans.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/28/politics/obama-dad-jeans/index.html?sr=twpol062817obama-dad-jeans0847PMStoryLink&linkId=39211546
WOW Setting bar too high!!
woodtoo is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #39
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The left has no morals. I don't want to paint w a broad brush because I know there are morally sound left wingers. But they hitch their wagon to a party that is largely Godless. Most moral beliefs come from the original religious tenets etc.

I really didn't think about this much until the Dem convention where God was boo'ed. That was a pure unmasked clear view of the party without a PR rep or PC filter. I was stunned. I'm not an overly religious person but this public display shocked me. I don't get shocked often but I thought it quite revealing.

This same party is also vociferous in its defense of abortion and all that entails. This in my mind is the closest thing we have to a physical manifestation of evil in our society. Finding a moral balance in both these examples is very hard.
It's thinking like this that will doom our great nation. That's always been the problem with the right. They are always right and the "other side" is immoral, corrupt, Godless, and always wrong.

I believe in God.

I don't believe in abortion.

I've got news for those on the right. You live in glass houses and it would wise not to throw too many stones.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #40
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

Your good sense of humor is always refreshing...
Old 06-29-2017, 02:11 PM   #41
incoming

Quote:

I think the Democrat Party that JFK presented would be a much more improved version than the New Democrat Party...except the Marilyn part.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:35 PM   #42
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
It's thinking like this that will doom our great nation. That's always been the problem with the right. They are always right and the "other side" is immoral, corrupt, Godless, and always wrong.

I believe in God.

I don't believe in abortion.

I've got news for those on the right. You live in glass houses and it would wise not to throw too many stones.
He said there are exceptions (though one needn't point out there are always exceptions).
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #43
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
He said there are exceptions (though one needn't point out there are always exceptions).
He said it, but does he really believe it? If you dehumanize the other side, you can treat it however you like and not feel guilty. And I am not just talking about liberals. I'm talking about poor people; I'm talking about people of a different religion;I'm talking about people of color.

HEY, I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING COOL.
This site now corrects spelling errors or typos.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:17 PM   #44
davew

Quote:
CNN is single handidly being put out of business by the Prez

It's freaking beautiful to behold.......
Not really, the prez is just adding to their obstruction narrative. As long as there is 'progress' to be made, and liberals finding marginalized groups that need more attention and freedoms, there will be an audience for CNN's brand.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-29-2017, 04:31 PM   #45
mostpost

Quote:

I really didn't think about this much until the Dem convention where God was boo'ed.
You make it really difficult to respond to you without being insulting, but I will try. Did you actually see this live or just read about it in one of your many insane right wing blogs?

The convention was voting on changes to the platform. One of those changes was to insert the word God in places it had been left out. (Why it was left out, I do not know, but they were correcting the oversight.) The other change was to insert a plank supporting the establishment of Jerusalem as capital of Israel-definitely controversial.

Instead of two separate resolutions, the Dems combined them. So people who may have voted for one, but not the other were forced into a take it or leave it position. To complicate matters, they were trying to determine by voice vote if they had a 2/3 majority.

Clearly they did not, yet the chair ruled they did. The boos were actually for this not against God. They also could have been from those who oppose Jerusalem as the capital of Israel-for very good reasons.

If memory serves, and it does, there is an opening prayer and a closing prayer each night of the convention. Were there boos then? Saying that God was booed at the Democratic convention is just ridiculous. Yet, let an alt right website make such a claim and the Republican sheep will bleat it out ad nauseum.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: