Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 06-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #1
Jess Hawsen Arown

40% chance of monsoon tonight at the Meadowlands

How many years of schooling and training do these meteorologists need to come up with those percentages? I have no training and I say with absolute authority that there is a 50% chance of thunderstorms tonight. Take THAT to the bank.

Nothing like 7 out of 10 trot races in the storm, plus 1 field of 2yo pacing fillies making their first lifetime start. How will they enjoy the rain in their faces?

These picks are based on a fast track with no 'I don't want to drive this truck in this rain' shipping scratches.

1--WALKS OF LIFE (4) will win easy if in the 2-hole. Should be in the 2-hole. Might lose if on the chooch and the fractions are too fast. Can also win off the pace. MR JULIAN (3), SEA VENTURE (5) other possible winners.
2--Smedshammer entry (1) gets two monster driver changes on both parts of the entry and will be tough to beat. Law Of Attraction (2A) was an easy winner if she got loose in the soft division last week. Worth a play at a big price. Beaten favorite Muscle High (3) was behind dull cover in last. A definite factor here.
3--They talk of this daughter of SOMEBEACHSOMEWHERE-RAINBOW BLUE aka, RAINBOW ROOM (2) as the second coming. Impressive in the qualifier, but so was ALL ON TOP HANOVER (5). The two Bittle horses, CLASSY CHRIS (7) and DARK FORCE (3) should offer value at first asking. These are all first time starter 2yo fillies.
4--ACHILLE DUHRAS (6) went offstride because Gingras tried to grab this green colt when he wanted to go on. I'm thinking Takter/Gingras will figure it out and keep him on stride for the win. YES MICKEY(1) raced tougher in the NJSS. But you have to be concerned about the three week layoff and the fact that Ake chose the weaker part of the entry. A scary proposition as the probable chalk. DEACON TONY (9) is on the improve.
5--TROLLEY (9) appears the best. VICTOR GIO (5) is tough when flat. CAN DO (6) with Gingras and HONOR AND SERVE (8) are longshots worth considering.
6--MARKET SHARE will be overbet because of his back class and his destruction of weaker fields in his last two starts. Will go with CUFFLINK HANOVER(5) and IN SECRET (6).
7--WAR CRY HALL (3) (12-1). Use with GOLD MEDAL SWAN (1) JACKS TO OPEN (2) and AGRESTORES COMET.
8--ISLAY N(7) is a weak top choice in a tough race. Use with 8.9.10 and 3,4,6 underneath, only.
9--TOSS CARTWRIGHT (10) (8-1) is an exciting key horse in the gimmicks. First time out of amateurs and picks up Gingras. Use with 1,2,9
10-Another tough race to finish the card. I have a megabomb to use mostly underneath. BETTER CALL SAUL (7) at 15-1. Might go off at 50-1. Use with 1,2,8,9.

Of course, who knows what will happen if the monsoons come. Don't forget, I am guaranteeing a 50% chance of that happening.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
sharkey11

your right on with the airheads on the weather they are mostly all hot air and will not go on the air with a stand good or bad . i rember a while back they caught a few of them buying futures on wheat ect. 6 months out lol they knew what was gonna happen that far out but not 6 hours out !
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: