Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #16
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Classic Empire had reason to quit in the Preakness. He had to confront the Derby champion early in the midst of a fast pace, and then hold off the closers.

Getting tired at shorter distances doesn't always mean the horse can't win going longer. If that were true, Palace Malice wouldn't have gone from fading in the Kentucky Derby to winning the Belmont.
Tire at 6 win at 7. One of the oldest angles in the book
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2017, 07:30 PM   #17
Fightingirish51195

Will be rooting for classic empire, but won't bet at under 2-1 and there's a good chance he will be. Horse is a fighter I'll say that much. Cat thief was too. His mothers father.

I'm giving a serious look at Irish War Cry. Think he's in for a big big performance.

Tapwrit has a chance

I like that horse twisted Tom. He keeps running. Butttt his begets a concern. He needs to improve on those
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #18
Quesmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Has any horse run in the Derby and Preakness, not having won, to come back and win in the Belmont?

I can't recall this ever happening. I think it's another reason why I'm loving tossing Classic Empire in this upcoming gem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
Bet Twice in 87
Easy Goer in 1989 did it too.
Quesmark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #19
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesmark View Post
Yes sir, similar to my thoughts on the two who ran in all 3, but won the Preakness and Belmont: Afleet Alex and Point Given.

My point is that these are historically great horses.

I'm not buying Classic Empire is even close to these. Can anyone even make the case?

I'll eat my words if he wins, forget odds. I find this one of the easier tosses in recent history. If 2-1, you'd have to be a damn fool to bet that horse.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #20
menifee

You cannot bet CE because of the price. Could he win the race, sure. But I don't give him a high chance to do so. I actually think this Belmont could set up for a bomb. CE will get bet. Epicharis will get bet. Irish War Cry will get bet. I don't like any of those.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 04:26 PM   #21
Longshot

Quote:
Has any horse run in the Derby and Preakness, not having won, to come back and win in the Belmont?

I can't recall this ever happening. I think it's another reason why I'm loving tossing Classic Empire in this upcoming gem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
Bet Twice in 87

Add Victory Gallop in 1998 to he list of horses that hit the board in both the Derby and Preakness and then won the Belmont.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #22
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
1963 -Amberoid , I think he ran in all 3 ,and won the Belmont.

Old 06-06-2017, 12:29 PM   #23
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Quote:
Add Victory Gallop in 1998 to he list of horses that hit the board in both the Derby and Preakness and then won the Belmont.
Not that I'm looking for reasons to make it harder for CE, but again, Victory Gallop was 2nd-2nd-won.

Amberoid 1966 Wood winner, finished 7th Derby, 3rd Preakness, won the Belmont. That's a good counter-example, also 11 starters too in the Belmont --- but happened 50 years ago.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #24
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post
You cannot bet CE because of the price. Could he win the race, sure. But I don't give him a high chance to do so. I actually think this Belmont could set up for a bomb. CE will get bet. Epicharis will get bet. Irish War Cry will get bet. I don't like any of those.
This is what I'm stressing the most: I would require a minimum of 5-1 to even think about Classic Empire. Given that's a 16.6% chance to win, and that lots of people will be betting him, it's a no brainer toss.

I find the latter two far more interesting; guessing their odds will also be interesting. I'm suspecting they'll be bet more than I'm expecting ...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: