Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

SA Race 1 Tri Pool 19,478 (Oct 29)

Yesterday's first race at Mountaineer, Tri Pool: 32,163

Yesterday's first race at Parx, Tri Pool: 23,149
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
ultracapper

I believe the pools at SA have been quite a drop from previous meets. I have no data, just observation, but I'll bet they're handle for this meet is going to be double digits down. It hasn't been a good meet from what I can see.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

BC week and they handle 19k on a tri in a state that has 40 million residents.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Word of caution to anyone betting the BC at SA this weekend.

If you're not on the actual lead, you might still win, but its something that i wouldn't bank on. If you lose an inch of ground, you might be up the track. Main track is incredibly speed favoring and might get more speed favoring when they scrape the track to the bone to create fast times like tracks usually do for "big days".

If your pick is not a front runner who is going to be on the lead, good luck, you're going to need it at this place.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
RunDustyRun

All the smart money is in the pick 5...especially in the first in SOCAL
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
lamboguy

they have no business having a trifecta or superfecta in a6 horse field. there is absolutely no good that can come out of betting trifecta's in 5+6 horse fields.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
TucsonGreyhound

The $100k Guaranteed DD is at $48k with 0 MTP
TucsonGreyhound is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound
`on another note, that was my favorite dog track of all times when i was out in Nevada.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound
They can have a 7 minute delay to make sure they get to 100k, but they can't have a 1 or 2 minute delay so they don't run exactly on top of NYRA.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #10
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Yesterday's first race at Mountaineer, Tri Pool: 32,163

Yesterday's first race at Parx, Tri Pool: 23,149
I was lurking in another thread similar to this one. So I did some quick checking. At SA, it seems those 1st race Tri pools are always small. Conversely, the DD pool on the first two races tends to be larger than the succeeding double pools. While the trip pools appear to be larger as the day goes on.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2014, 07:53 PM   #11
thespaah

Quote:
Word of caution to anyone betting the BC at SA this weekend.

If you're not on the actual lead, you might still win, but its something that i wouldn't bank on. If you lose an inch of ground, you might be up the track. Main track is incredibly speed favoring and might get more speed favoring when they scrape the track to the bone to create fast times like tracks usually do for "big days".

If your pick is not a front runner who is going to be on the lead, good luck, you're going to need it at this place.
Yeah...Why they do this is a mystery. I think it makes the racing surface a potential hazard for the horses. Plus, deliberately preparing the surface so as to bias toward a certain running style in my opinion takes away from the event.
I'd rather see slower times and an even racing surface
Old 10-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
I was lurking in another thread similar to this one. So I did some quick checking. At SA, it seems those 1st race Tri pools are always small. Conversely, the DD pool on the first two races tends to be larger than the succeeding double pools. While the trip pools appear to be larger as the day goes on.
The pools get bigger as the day wears on, its odd that the first race tri can only pull 19k, with a 250k pick 5, its obvious that people are handicapping that race for the pick 5, but they aren't betting multiples of 3 in a race where their main focus is multiple of 5. Maybe the pick 5 has been the reason the first race tri is so low as well as the pick 6s in So Cal, which seem to be half of what they used to be.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #13
thespaah

Quote:
BC week and they handle 19k on a tri in a state that has 40 million residents.
They haven't shown up yet.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Yeah...Why they do this is a mystery. I think it makes the racing surface a potential hazard for the horses. Plus, deliberately preparing the surface so as to bias toward a certain running style in my opinion takes away from the event.
I'd rather see slower times and an even racing surface
If 100 bettors (big bettors small bettors, etc) complain and say they want a fair surface, so make it deeper, more tiring and make it so any running style can win, and ONE trainer complains, they bow down to that trainer and tighten up the track. You know that if 6F races were going in 114, SOME trainer would complain......and they would listen and do what he says even if the bettors didn't want that.

I would much rather see the BC Sprint go in 111 or 112 than 106 or 107 and yet, nobody but me seems to think that way. If the race goes in 111, you have a much better chance of hitting boxcar payouts than you do if it goes in 107.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #15
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
they have no business having a trifecta or superfecta in a6 horse field. there is absolutely no good that can come out of betting trifecta's in 5+6 horse fields.
I concur. As a matter of fact, in NY ( harness anyway) NYS had a rule that if a field was less than 8 starters, no trifecta. Also, no coupled entries were permitted in trifecta races.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: