Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:00 PM   #4186
green80

just take the easy ones, Lad, Alb, etc.........
Old 08-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #4187
oughtoh

If you went to his site today he had GP best 5 posted. If you would have played all 3 horses every race you would have won $13+. It hit 6 out of 9 races. Of course I didn't play it, just followed it.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:32 PM   #4188
green80

You won't win many days doing that, especially at GP.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:58 PM   #4189
oughtoh

That and the Saratoga sheet gave me something to watch till Del Mar finally started. Hate these late starts on Fridays.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:51 AM   #4190
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Here's something you don't see but about once a year--ROMANTIC
WINK was 30-1 ML--with 4 works in 8 days! Maybe they were paying stable fees by the hour.

Unfortunately, that flurry of works didn't help much

Old 08-05-2017, 04:54 AM   #4191
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Del Mar Tip Sheet 08/05

Old 08-05-2017, 04:57 AM   #4192
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Saratoga Tip Sheet 08/05

*Also some BEST-FIVE selections for FINGER LAKES---up on the website

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-05-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #4193
oughtoh

On his website today at GPX he had a $15.80 and $112. winner. The $112 was the top pick and the other was the second pick. And yes I did not bet them.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #4194
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Good afternoon:

When I was coming up, I read most of the current books ---including my all-time favorite: Tom Ainslie.

I still remember most of his, and Taulbot's articles and certain methods---which btw, are still as valid today as they were when brand new. To this day I have certain spot plays I automatically look for.

One such spot play I happened upon without consciously searching for it---is the "Good/Bad" or "Up and Down" play.

The play itself is older than dirt---most of you will be quite familiar with it. The entire play is just finding a horse--the runs alternating Good, then Bad races.

I found a beauty yesterday--8th race @ Penn. Take a look:

Old 08-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #4195
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I hear from users pretty often--one of the questions is "Which Program--Spot play--Method etc...should I use?"

The only way I can answer that--is to tell them to pick one or two---your choice. Whatever you find interesting. Then research and record your findings for track, distance, etc. Handicapping is honestly not that difficult--I find the biggest obstacle for myself--is keeping the money. The mental discipline required to succeed..and success in horse-playing is measured by profits and losses. I don't believe you can actually learn this...you're either mentally tough and have the gumption to accomplish this...or you don't.

Being a semi smart-ass..I wanted to show how easy it can be to win. I didn't say a word--I just posted selections on my website. The selections were made using strictly Best-of-last-Two Bris Speed at EVD---absolutely no other handicapping was done. There is a button you can click on BEST-FIVE that will give you every top "Speed" selection, for every race.

(on a side note....the other day @ FLX "Speed" had 7 of 9 winners)

Anyhoo today I was going to show how I had 3 or 4 winners---just using last-two speed.

Unfortunately, my plan went to hell-- when I checked results and saw exactly ZERO winners at EVD. So much for my "pick a method--any method" idea.....for now.

Karma is still alive and well, it seems. I happened to check the
B-FIVE Consensus for that track. It contained the winner of every race on the card...as just happened a couple days ago, as well @ FLX, and I think someone said GPX a few days ago.

The moral is....pick a method you like. Are you a 25% winner right now? You soon will be---25% is child's play. Figure out how to turn that into a profit...and next step is to keep the winnings in your pocket.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:37 AM   #4196
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Bet you didn't know PONYPICKER handicaps quarter horses:

Old 08-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #4197
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
I hear from users pretty often--one of the questions is "Which Program--Spot play--Method etc...should I use?"

The only way I can answer that--is to tell them to pick one or two---your choice. Whatever you find interesting. Then research and record your findings for track, distance, etc. Handicapping is honestly not that difficult--I find the biggest obstacle for myself--is keeping the money. The mental discipline required to succeed..and success in horse-playing is measured by profits and losses. I don't believe you can actually learn this...you're either mentally tough and have the gumption to accomplish this...or you don't.

Being a semi smart-ass..I wanted to show how easy it can be to win. I didn't say a word--I just posted selections on my website. The selections were made using strictly Best-of-last-Two Bris Speed at EVD---absolutely no other handicapping was done. There is a button you can click on BEST-FIVE that will give you every top "Speed" selection, for every race.

(on a side note....the other day @ FLX "Speed" had 7 of 9 winners)

Anyhoo today I was going to show how I had 3 or 4 winners---just using last-two speed.

Unfortunately, my plan went to hell-- when I checked results and saw exactly ZERO winners at EVD. So much for my "pick a method--any method" idea.....for now.

Karma is still alive and well, it seems. I happened to check the
B-FIVE Consensus for that track. It contained the winner of every race on the card...as just happened a couple days ago, as well @ FLX, and I think someone said GPX a few days ago.

The moral is....pick a method you like. Are you a 25% winner right now? You soon will be---25% is child's play. Figure out how to turn that into a profit...and next step is to keep the winnings in your pocket.

hey Greg:

On the Consensus Report ... is the 'Value' number -- the far right number -- in your Pace View program equal to the far right number on the Consensus page in Platinum? Thanks.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #4198
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

No Ralphie....the Pace View far-right Ability number is weighed toward Class.

The B-5 consensus are the sum of the four best mechanical methods I have--the consensus itself is the 5th---making it a "Best-5---instead of "Best-4"

You'll sometimes see a "60" value--that equals a unanimous selection. It wins more than the favorite---but the payoffs are so low, the selection is useless for everything except as an exotics toss-in...or as a confidence-builder during hellish runouts.

You'll soon be King of the World, again. Hitting 14 of the next 30, you'll be a new man.

Unfortunately...the avg payoff is under $4.00--so your dwindling bankroll will continue dwindling

🌋

-NCG
Old 08-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #4199
green80

consensus LAD

B5 consensus is hot at Lad, one of the top 2 selections won 7 of the 8 races yesterday.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #4200
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
B5 consensus is hot at Lad, one of the top 2 selections won 7 of the 8 races yesterday.
You know greenie--I still have yet to win a dime playing LAD

Below is the BEST-FIVE CONSENSUS for Del Mar today

*the Saratoga Exotic Tip Sheet is up on for today 8/9

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-09-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Closed Thread