Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #2236
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Heitkamp and Murkowski are going no...

Gonna be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I'm seeing that Murkowski is still undecided. At least officially
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #2237
Andy Asaro

So they have a vote but the vote is almost meaningless. Self important Senators need to make statements now and may change their votes tomorrow.

Due process and innocent until proven guilty are balancing on the edge of a razor.

I can never see myself voting for a Democrat after this and I have very little faith in the Republican Party after this debacle either (I registered as unaffiliated in Feb 2017 after first being a Dem in early part of my life and Republican later).
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #2238
Andy Asaro

Old 10-05-2018, 11:34 AM   #2239
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
So they have a vote but the vote is almost meaningless. Self important Senators need to make statements now and may change their votes tomorrow.

Due process and innocent until proven guilty are balancing on the edge of a razor.

I can never see myself voting for a Democrat after this and I have very little faith in the Republican Party after this debacle either (I registered as unaffiliated in Feb 2017 after first being a Dem in early part of my life and Republican later).
Starts at the top.

Ya gotta nominate people with squeaky clean records and that wasn't done. The President and his Cabinet obviously didn't know that Kavanaugh has a bit of baggage in his past or they wouldn't have selected him. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh went to high school together. Their appointments don't even change the dynamic of the court. One got through relatively easily... the other... there is a reason for this.

Allegations about sexual assault aside there is a lot of eye-brow raising stuff with Brett Kavanaugh. The fact he wrote and op-ed in the WSJ yesterday trying to influence his confirmation is testament to that fact.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #2240
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Starts at the top.

Ya gotta nominate people with squeaky clean records and that wasn't done. The President and his Cabinet obviously didn't know that Kavanaugh has a bit of baggage in his past or they wouldn't have selected him. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh went to high school together. Their appointments don't even change the dynamic of the court. One got through relatively easily... the other... there is a reason for this.

Allegations about sexual assault aside there is a lot of eye-brow raising stuff with Brett Kavanaugh. The fact he wrote and op-ed in the WSJ yesterday trying to influence his confirmation is testament to that fact.
Let me tell you something. I can only hope that you and others on the board who promoted this smear have someone you love and respect treated the same way with no evidence. It's one thing to oppose Kavanaugh on his judicial philosophy but to be complicit in smearing someone without any credible evidence is unforgivable.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #2241
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Let me tell you something. I can only hope that you and others on the board who promoted this smear have someone you love and respect treated the same way with no evidence. It's one thing to oppose Kavanaugh on his judicial philosophy but to be complicit in smearing someone without any credible evidence is unforgivable.
Yeah... that had nothing to do with what I was talking about but okay.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #2242
ElKabong

Quote:
Starts at the top.

It's getting to the point where I expect nonsense from you. The above qualifies.

The more qualified judge should be nominated and voted into the seat. Not one with a squeaky clean record, as you put it. You'd not support a qualified judge. No surprise
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #2243
woodtoo

Quote:
Starts at the top.

You are part of the conspiracy...is there is a reason for this.

Do you believe Kavanagh assaulted Ms. Ford? With no collaboration?
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #2244
Burls
Veteran

Quote:

Look forward to HOT AIR and lots of it FROM BOTH SIDES for the next thirty hours (or less) in the Senate.
Everyone will get their chance to ORATE; and orate they will.
Look forward to LOUD and EMOTIONAL performances from BOTH SIDES of the floor.
Lindsey Graham and Cory Booker will be the standout performances.
Finally, Mitch the Turtle will call the vote.
Eventually ... Flake will vote "no" and Manchin will follow suit.
And that'll be that.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 11:55 AM   #2245
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Look forward to HOT AIR and lots of it FROM BOTH SIDES for the next thirty hours (or less) in the Senate.
And that'll be that.
Forget the "both sides" stuff. We all know exactly who drove this smear and why.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #2246
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
HAVING TO DETERMINE IF 1 OR TWO VOTES WILL DETERMINE WHO WILL BE VOTED TO A LIFE TIME POSITION ON THE SUPREME COURT LEAVES MUCH TO BE RECKON WITH.
I reckon we have gotten by like that since day one and will again.
And without any FBI at until 1908.

A man's gotta man up and stand up sometime - this is no place for snowflakes.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:57 AM   #2247
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
You are part of the conspiracy...is there is a reason for this.

Do you believe Kavanagh assaulted Ms. Ford? With no collaboration?
I believe something assault-y happened just like I believe Bart has had some issues with the booze and being an overall frat boy. That's fine. I was one of them too. I'm just not trying to get on the Supreme Court.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #2248
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
It's getting to the point where I expect nonsense from you. The above qualifies.

The more qualified judge should be nominated and voted into the seat. Not one with a squeaky clean record, as you put it. You'd not support a qualified judge. No surprise
I consider perjury and issue with a Judge along with the questionable decisions he's made in life. Along with some recent comments. Those are indicators of character. Did Gorsuch have such issues?

Is Brett Kavanaugh the only credible conservative jurist left out there?

You're a joke man.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #2249
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
And that'll be that.
My prediction: Manchin votes yes then at a later date announces he will switch to the GOP.Guy knows which side to butter the bread.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #2250
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Forget the "both sides" stuff. We all know exactly who drove this smear and why.
You have to be pretty dense to NOT see who was bending over backwards trying to accommodate the idiot dems.

And who treat BOTH Ford and Kavanaugh with respect at the hearings.

Respect - a word democrats have no clue what it means.