Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-08-2024, 09:46 AM   #16
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar2 View Post
I sold VC 2.22, but I also have the original by 1.22 that I’m using right now.

I said I would post the screenshots for this past Saturday 4-6-24 that I made money with. I don’t have unlimited right now. Only downloaded Aqueduct and Keenland that day. I only look at 1-2 cards on Friday-Saturday-Sunday.
I usually look at the tracks with BIG fields like Oaklawn or tracks with big turf fields, any distance.
If I have the time I’ll post a screenshot or two for this upcoming weekend but I won’t have time to explain the race, just point out the value. Boards/odds change quickly. What looks like value 7 minutes out may not be at post time. This is a fluid game.

Omar
Got it....thx

Looking forward to see it....

2 versions and you can sell one....this does not happen with the other big boy

programs out there....
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2024, 01:00 PM   #18
wiretowire68

Thanks Omar

For the support, it seems that some people want to joke and have to know that there are other reasons for selling personal products. I do not have a problem per say with the person but it seems that someone just wants to argue or antagonize for whatever reason.... Black Magic Software is what 10-15 Years old and ya of course it works and so does Valuecapper, people evolve, people change..............sometimes people do not change and still miss the action.......some people like to handicap and try different things yet because a person decides to sell it for their own personal reasons, they seem to want to take pot shots at the person and their own private reasons..... I mean..the person either seems they are angry at their own life so they look for reasons to put others down for no apparent reason............I personally do not get it.... but apparently this person is like many others in the world.......it seems they have the answer.........for people and why they make decisions........perhaps the person either does not like me personally and my guess I have never met the person....or at least that I do not know of.....or they just think everything they say is a joke?????????? All I know, is that I have never said a bad word about this person or their personal opinion which seems to be very disconcerting at the least.
wiretowire68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2024, 01:18 PM   #19
Saratoga

Thanks for this.....

For the many years watching MP's videos , it seems like your style play is opposite what he does....in those 5 races ,I believe he would have passed

I guess its ...whatever works for you....
Old 04-08-2024, 01:58 PM   #20
omar2

I bet win-place, sometimes show, also exactas and triples, supers. Always been an action player. Some of my best shots came from watching the board.

It doesn’t matter how you get your pace lines as long as you valuecap.

Last edited by omar2; 04-08-2024 at 01:59 PM.
omar2 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2024, 07:11 PM   #21
omar2

I think you misunderstood by watching the rants, but if you can find some negative angle on the top horse in the arc then it’s ok to play the next horse down if you get value on that horse. Same with a horse who’s further down in arc but above the random line(red). He also “recommends” that you limit your play to horses that are 6-1 program odds to limit your runouts. Back in the 90’s Dick Mitchell’s All-in-one program generated a betting line and his odd line did not go past 6-1 either. Sure the lower odds horse is probably the horse to beat but not to bet and yes if you can’t find any fault on him and he has a sizable gap over the next horse down, then he “recommends” not betting against him. Also depends on how aggressive a bettor you are. Mitchell also said play the top two overlays in his betting line.

Old 04-08-2024, 07:45 PM   #22
Saratoga

Quote:
I think you misunderstood by watching the rants, but if you can find some negative angle on the top horse in the arc then it’s ok to play the next horse down if you get value on that horse. Same with a horse who’s further down in arc but above the random line(red). He also “recommends” that you limit your play to horses that are 6-1 program odds to limit your runouts. Back in the 90’s Dick Mitchell’s All-in-one program generated a betting line and his odd line did not go past 6-1 either. Sure the lower odds horse is probably the horse to beat but not to bet and yes if you can’t find any fault on him and he has a sizable gap over the next horse down, then he “recommends” not betting against him. Also depends on how aggressive a bettor you are. Mitchell also said play the top two overlays in his betting line.

Old 04-08-2024, 08:41 PM   #23
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiretowire68 View Post
For the support, it seems that some people want to joke and have to know that there are other reasons for selling personal products....

You're right. It's no joking matter when somebody needs to sell a handicapping program that makes money because they need money.
Old 04-08-2024, 09:45 PM   #24
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
You're right. It's no joking matter when somebody needs to sell a handicapping program that makes money because they need money.
Yogi Berra is in the house...
Old 04-12-2024, 07:47 PM   #25
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Some years ago, a group of paceadvantage members met up at Arlington Park, and I was one of the attendees. Most of them were using handicapping software which sold for $1,000+...but none of them wagered more than $20 a race. I found that strangely interesting...
Yes, the dangers of the "black box" trust inherent with any software tool, unless of course you write it yourself.

Another aspect to think about is that IF a software program "works", it must do more than just pick contenders that win. It must include the capability of spitting out exactly HOW to wager on the race. For that is a separate task from handicapping, though probably even more important. And most software tools that I've seen or tried do not address wagering at all.

Of course if you're only betting $20 a race, $1000+ can sure pay for a lot of losers....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2024, 10:28 PM   #26
omar2

I decided to play Oaklawn today. Tired of the Keenland slop-off the turf.
I looked at every race, what else is new? When I got to r10 I caught a gift. Look at the 1 horse. If that’s not an anti-value or negative angle horse then there ain’t no such animal !!. Claims him for 20k in last and without even running him once drops him to 10k. Good country America, step right up and claim your next DREAM horse. And who’s the next horse down on my line, that’s right the 3 horse. Look, there’s NO magic # I’m using to handicap-crap the race. I yield to the senator from MO and just use the LAST LINE. If I have to make an adjustment to a couple of horses then I will. I’m just analyzing the current form of the horse-ee and gauging which line is right for him TODAY.!
I’m not even looking at the pace of today’s race until I study the BLAM line to see if it is worth betting the race. After tossing the 1 out, it made a wide open race even more wide open. Now when I bet the 3 he was 10-1 with 2-3 minutes to post. I had no idea he went off at 19-1 he jumped up so fast. Needless to say I missed the exacta because the 2, second from the bottom fooled me on the drop down to 5k. He got claimed for 5k back on 9-23, steps him up and wins, then protects him in Alw races before dropping him again. I should’ve realized that last drop they touted the horse down to 7/2 then today back up to 10k at 54-1.!! Didn’t notice his high odds in his previous couple of races. Happens but still had win money on winner. Lately I’ve been winning the photos.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/a...1&d=1712975002

In the next post I’ll show how it it was to hit the $49 horse in race 7. I just need about a 20 minute break or so.

Omar

Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_3062.png (190.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: png IMG_3063.png (189.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3064.jpg (341.2 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-13-2024, 01:20 AM   #27
omar2

Earlier in race 7 what looked like a messy race with 8 horses above random (in the arc), turned out to be be a gift with a One Price Overlay in the arc with 6 horses above the red dotted line also a Single Pattern Horse, a type 2a (closing in 2nd race back) that was owned by the 10 horse. A smooth odds line in the arc too. Now the program at least with my race setup to last race and a couple of tweaks, had the 10 horse 9-1 program odds and at 23-1 on the board, that’s an overlay about 150%. I didn’t think the 5 could win off the layoff and with a race setup of Heavy Pressure (positional & velocity), the 10 was 4 lengths better (82) than the others, as Michael would say “I’m so done here. Had the horse win and place plus the exacta $$. Sorry I didn’t play the triple, would’ve used the 5&12 for 2nd with ALL. A 4 figure.50 triple.! Just an aside, the 8 was top APV & he runs 4th.!
Up until that race I wasn’t thinking right, afterwards, big winner.
You see the 5 caught the 10 in deep stretch but then the 10 re-rallied.
Omar

P.S. once I pick only 1 line per horse, I let the program do all the math computations. I’m the AI in the machine. I tell the program what to compute and then I make the final decisions on the race and not the other way around.!

Look for the 2 races I’ll post here tomorrow .Won’t know the odds at time of posting but will try pointing you on the best overlay in that race.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/a...1&d=1712984764

Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_3061.png (137.9 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by omar2; 04-13-2024 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2024, 11:23 AM   #28
Saratoga

Quote:
I decided to play Oaklawn today. Tired of the Keenland slop-off the turf.
I looked at every race, what else is new? When I got to r10 I caught a gift. Look at the 1 horse. If that’s not an anti-value or negative angle horse then there ain’t no such animal !!. Claims him for 20k in last and without even running him once drops him to 10k. Good country America, step right up and claim your next DREAM horse. And who’s the next horse down on my line, that’s right the 3 horse. Look, there’s NO magic # I’m using to handicap-crap the race. I yield to the senator from MO and just use the LAST LINE. If I have to make an adjustment to a couple of horses then I will. I’m just analyzing the current form of the horse-ee and gauging which line is right for him TODAY.!
I’m not even looking at the pace of today’s race until I study the BLAM line to see if it is worth betting the race. After tossing the 1 out, it made a wide open race even more wide open. Now when I bet the 3 he was 10-1 with 2-3 minutes to post. I had no idea he went off at 19-1 he jumped up so fast. Needless to say I missed the exacta because the 2, second from the bottom fooled me on the drop down to 5k. He got claimed for 5k back on 9-23, steps him up and wins, then protects him in Alw races before dropping him again. I should’ve realized that last drop they touted the horse down to 7/2 then today back up to 10k at 54-1.!! Didn’t notice his high odds in his previous couple of races. Happens but still had win money on winner. Lately I’ve been winning the photos.

In the next post I’ll show how it it was to hit the $49 horse in race 7. I just need about a 20 minute break or so.

Omar
Nice hits....

One question:

You mentioned using "last line".....

Is that used in your handicapping or can you input that into VC to use last line?

thxs
Old 04-13-2024, 12:52 PM   #29
omar2

Both. I just set I to last line and check every horse.
First race I think I have a form reversal horse based on that:46.3 plus the rail. Must get 7-1 or higher to bet.??
KEE R5 today
Profile says late energy but no info on Yld surface. The 2 is the horse to beat. Program makes him 9/5. To get to the 6&4 I’m going to have to get 15-1 or higher on either of them or both for win bets. The 4 has that late energy 48.85% on turf while the 6 has to stretch out. #4 is the top APV w/152, 1 is next at 93 but never raced on turf. May run late, who knows. In exotics the 2 will be keyed around 4-6-1-5-9(FTS) whose m/l are below 8-1.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/a...1&d=1713027079

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/a...1&d=1713027079

Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_3066.png (174.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: png IMG_3065.png (161.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-13-2024, 01:04 PM   #30
Saratoga

Quote:
Both. I just set I to last line and check every horse.
OK....

With that said...Why did VC have that #1 horse on top in OP 10th

His last line certainly wouldn't make him the top contender

also

Why did VC have him a "Legitimate" Favorite?