Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
maddog42

Romney's Grandpa Hated America, Moved To Mexico

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...-t-Anglo-Saxon

Let's get something straight from the giddy-up: President Obama's Anglo-Saxon grandfather fought for America in WWII. President Obama's Anglo-Saxon grandmother worked for America's war efforts during WWII. Conversely, Mitt Romney's Great Grandfather fled America because he was prosecuted under Edmunds Anti-Polgyamy Act. Romney's Grandfather then fled Mexico to avoid fighting in the Mexican Revolution. Then, Mitt Romney fled America and found refuge in France to avoid fighting in the Vietnam War.

Seems to me, President Obama has a heritage of fighting for and defending so-called "Anglo-Saxon" America while Mitt Romney has a heritage of fleeing America so as to avoid defending "Anglo-Saxon" America when times get tough.

Last edited by maddog42; 10-20-2012 at 11:17 PM.
maddog42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Be proud of your support of Obama. He is a great American President!

The weird part is, you guys constantly are comparing him to Bush, a president you guys consider ONE OF THE WORST.

I find this odd.

BTW, how come you haven't written about Mitt Romney being arrested back in the 1981? Are you waiting to pull that out right before election day?

Or is your mothership keeping you out of the loop?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-20-2012 at 11:17 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Good thing Romney's grandpa ain't up for election this year...
Old 10-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Can it be inferred that First Lady Michelle hated America most of her life, considering she was never proud of this country (her own words) until her hubby's message of change resonated with America in 2008?

That's kind of damning, isn't it? I would have to think Michelle would have a lot more influence over our dear leader Obama than Romney's grandpappy would have over him should he become President...

But you (and the media) don't want to dwell on such things...never have...I understand...
Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
OntheRail

Dems must really be shaken in their boots.... 1885 that's a long long time ago.

It's rather pathetic... to tell you the truth.
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail
Dems must really be shaken in their boots.... 1885 that's a long long time ago.

It's rather pathetic... to tell you the truth.
If they stay true to form, they'll still be blaming Bush in the year 2139.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #7
ElKabong

Aren't you guys amazed at all these positive posts about Obama's record, this close to election day? No need to dig 2 or 3 generations back on your opponent when you have a great record to lean on
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 01:42 AM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The odor of fear is strong at paceadvantage tonight
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Aren't you guys amazed at all these positive posts about Obama's record, this close to election day? No need to dig 2 or 3 generations back on your opponent when you have a great record to lean on
I suggest you read the Salt Lake City editorial for some positive stuff on Obama. What the heck, I'll paste some stuff here from the editorial:

And what of the president Romney would replace? For four years, President Barack Obama has attempted, with varying degrees of success, to pull the nation out of its worst financial meltdown since the Great Depression, a deepening crisis he inherited the day he took office.

In the first months of his presidency, Obama acted decisively to stimulate the economy. His leadership was essential to passage of the badly needed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Though Republicans criticize the stimulus for failing to create jobs, it clearly helped stop the hemorrhaging of public sector jobs. The Utah Legislature used hundreds of millions in stimulus funds to plug holes in the state’s budget....

....Obama’s foreign policy record is perhaps his strongest suit, especially compared to Romney’s bellicose posture toward Russia and China and his inflammatory rhetoric regarding Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Obama’s measured reliance on tough economic embargoes to bring Iran to heel, and his equally measured disengagement from the war in Afghanistan, are examples of a nuanced approach to international affairs. The glaring exception, still unfolding, was the administration’s failure to protect the lives of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans, and to quickly come clean about it.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:18 AM   #10
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I suggest you read the Salt Lake City editorial for some positive stuff on Obama. What the heck, I'll paste some stuff here from the editorial:

And what of the president Romney would replace? For four years, President Barack Obama has attempted, with varying degrees of success, to pull the nation out of its worst financial meltdown since the Great Depression, a deepening crisis he inherited the day he took office.

In the first months of his presidency, Obama acted decisively to stimulate the economy. His leadership was essential to passage of the badly needed American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Though Republicans criticize the stimulus for failing to create jobs, it clearly helped stop the hemorrhaging of public sector jobs. The Utah Legislature used hundreds of millions in stimulus funds to plug holes in the state’s budget....

....Obama’s foreign policy record is perhaps his strongest suit, especially compared to Romney’s bellicose posture toward Russia and China and his inflammatory rhetoric regarding Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Obama’s measured reliance on tough economic embargoes to bring Iran to heel, and his equally measured disengagement from the war in Afghanistan, are examples of a nuanced approach to international affairs. The glaring exception, still unfolding, was the administration’s failure to protect the lives of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans, and to quickly come clean about it.
I suggest you pay attention to the how the citizenry of SLC and Utah voted in 2008, when this newspaper endorsed Obama....McCain carried over 60% of the vote as will Romney.

The Middle East is burning, our WH and State Dept can't be honest with the people of the US on the subject, and this newspaper is touting Obo's international affairs record?

Priceless.

Get ready for Utah going to Romney over 62%
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #11
redshift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...-t-Anglo-Saxon

Let's get something straight from the giddy-up: President Obama's Anglo-Saxon grandfather fought for America in WWII. President Obama's Anglo-Saxon grandmother worked for America's war efforts during WWII. Conversely, Mitt Romney's Great Grandfather fled America because he was prosecuted under Edmunds Anti-Polgyamy Act. Romney's Grandfather then fled Mexico to avoid fighting in the Mexican Revolution. Then, Mitt Romney fled America and found refuge in France to avoid fighting in the Vietnam War.

Seems to me, President Obama has a heritage of fighting for and defending so-called "Anglo-Saxon" America while Mitt Romney has a heritage of fleeing America so as to avoid defending "Anglo-Saxon" America when times get tough.

What we need is a pretend psychoanalytic documentary delineating how Mr Romney became a closet colonialist and unabashed capitalist as the progeny of an overbearing harrier of a grandfather.

redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 AM   #12
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Don't forget

" A little blow when I could afford it"
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
maddog42

Actually this sister-wives thing has got me to consider voting for Romney.
I am 60 and having a 20 year old wife seems appealing. I hope my wife doesn't read this. Wait, Romney isn't for Polygamy? I thought he defined marriage as a Union between a man and 5 women like his Grandpa did? No?!!
He didn't say that? Then I can't see any reason to vote for Romney. At least
Obama is going to make guns illegal and Blow and Pot legal. What? He isn't?
Crap!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What is funny is that after almost 4 years, two of which he had both houses of congress, this is about all Obama people can come up with.
the entire campaign has been nothing but attacking Roney.

Ralph, what you are smelling is.......BO!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
What is funny is that after almost 4 years, two of which he had both houses of congress, this is about all Obama people can come up with.
the entire campaign has been nothing but attacking Roney.

Ralph, what you are smelling is.......BO!
BO-BM'd-US....

But Dem's eat it up.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg obama-full-diaper.jpg (53.6 KB, 57 views)
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply