Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
sammy the sage

Eastwood's ramblings

I sorta liked it...did LOVE the payback for THIS...Piers Morgan stunt...the national media too dense to make a connection yet

http://articles.cnn.com/2012-08-21/p...parody-account
Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

I'm a big Clint Eastwood fan. Love his movies.

His presentation made me feel a bit uncomfortable, like when an old uncle, who is well past his prime, gets up at a wedding to a say a little something about the bride and.......

He's still top notch in my books though.

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Love his movies. He made a fool of himself last night - it was sad to watch
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
badcompany

A Hollywood type who isn't a liberal! Oh, the humanity!

You have to understand why so many actors and musicians lean so far left. The "Stars" you see are aberrations. The overwhelming majority are deadbeats who don't have a pot to piss in. So, the welfare state is a perfect fit for them.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
dartman51

I agree. I'm a HUGE Eastwood fan, but I must say, I was more than just a little disappointed in his ramblings. I thought the night was going great til he came out and took some of the luster off the occasion. I know it was a poke at Joe Biden, but we could have done without the "he can't do that to himself", and "I can't do that to myself either".
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe better suited to opening night, but he still sounded more intelligent than Biden ever has!

And he did it without a teleprompter!

You can bet that as of this morning, Obama has definite plans for his death panels for the elderly on paper!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Also a big Eastwood fan. He's a better filmaker than actor IMO, but either way he's a terrific entertainer.

That said, he was against the auto bailout and then did a commercial for Chrysler 2 years later. Hard to turn down a pay check I guess.

Stick to making movies Clint.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
ArlJim78

Right On Clint!

yes he's an old man now and it shows, but I thought his performance was great. a little improv, some humor and some strong pointed messages.
he had some great lines like "we own this country, we hire politicians to work for us, and sometimes you just have to let them go".

I'm a big fan of Eastwood, always have been, he's a Hollywood legend.
He showed some balls speaking out, mocking our leader. Look at all of the so-called hip edgy comedians who do nothing but act like lapdogs, Colbert & Stewart, Maher, Chris Rock. They act like giddy little girls when it come to dear leader afraid to break with the pack and say anything not approved by the powers that be.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
DJofSD
Screw PC

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...od-Mocks-Obama

Quote:
82 years-old, and Dirty Harry is still pissing all the right people off.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
BlueShoe

If forced to make a choice between Clint's empty chair and Obama, I would vote for the chair, since at least the chair, by doing nothing, would do far less damage than what Obama will unleash on the nation if he wins a second term.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
He showed some balls speaking out, mocking our leader. Look at all of the so-called hip edgy comedians who do nothing but act like lapdogs, Colbert & Stewart, Maher, Chris Rock. They act like giddy little girls when it come to dear leader afraid to break with the pack and say anything not approved by the powers that be.
Using this line of thinking, when the Colbert's, Maher's, etc were mocking Bush, they were showing balls?

Or is it only balls when they speak out when they agree with you?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #12
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Using this line of thinking, when the Colbert's, Maher's, etc were mocking Bush, they were showing balls?

Or is it only balls when they speak out when they agree with you?
No.
Its only showing balls when you break from your pack and challenge your leaders. doesn't matter which side you're on. they risked nothing by mocking Bush, that was what they were supposed to do, that was the politically correct thing to do.

What I'm talked about is like the tea party showing balls and directly challenging the leaders of it's own party, taking out sitting Republican senators against the will of the party elders, not just laying down.

very few stand up on the left when there is ample opportunity to do so. we have so many lefties on this board who agree 100% of the time with whatever Obama does. that's not showing balls, it's simply being a stooge for the party elites.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
No.
Its only showing balls when you break from your pack and challenge your leaders. doesn't matter which side you're on. they risked nothing by mocking Bush, that was what they were supposed to do, that was the politically correct thing to do.

What I'm talked about is like the tea party showing balls and directly challenging the leaders of it's own party, taking out sitting Republican senators against the will of the party elders, not just laying down.

very few stand up on the left when there is ample opportunity to do so. we have so many lefties on this board who agree 100% of the time with whatever Obama does. that's not showing balls, it's simply being a stooge for the party elites.
Interesting thought process here. By this logic, unless you're conservative you can't have balls by challenging those in power. Hard to argue the illogical, so I won't.

So what exactly did Eastwood risk? His career? He's been producing the movies he makes for decades.

How about Ron Paul? He wanted to challenge the leaders of his party and didn't want to fall in line like a lap dog at the convention. I must have missed your praise for him. In fact, you wanted him to fall in line. Mixed messages you're sending out here.

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 08-31-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Clint was entertaining.
The other creeps you mentioned are probably entertaining to the left. Good for them.

Both sides really need to realize the difference between entertainment and REAL world. When you have allegedly legitimate news media ()
interviewing entertainers and trying to pass it off as news, Houston, we have a problem.

FOX, CNN, PMSNBC......all guilty.

What Eastwood thinks, what Maher thinks, what Colbert thinks......spare me. It makes ZERO difference.

It would have been a better surprise to bring out Obama's brother, or do a remote from his hut!

Or better yet, bring out some specifics on the 5 points.

But now I can't wait for the venom to come out at the DNC Kenyention.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Guess I'll move here my reply from another thread:

Clint Eastwood is showing his age in more ways than one. He didn't do much good out there last night, but he likely didn't do much bad either.

The Republicans are so desperate to point to anyone well known and say "see, someone important likes us" that they'll happily trot him out there even though shooting from the hip may not be his thing in real life...

BTW, is the Secret Service going to pay him a visit later this morning after his "throat slash" gesture when speaking of the President? I can't wait for that to get the media treatment...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply